Gordon Duff is a Marine combat veteran of the Vietnam War. He is a disabled veteran and has worked on veterans and POW issues for decades.

Gordon Duff is an accredited diplomat and is generally accepted as one of the top global intelligence specialists. He manages the world's largest private intelligence organization and regularly consults with governments challenged by security issues.

Gordon Duff has traveled extensively, is published around the world and is a regular guest on TV and radio in more than "several" countries. He is also a trained chef, wine enthusiast, avid motorcyclist and gunsmith specializing in historical weapons and restoration. Business experience and interests are in energy and defense technology.

He is co-host of the popular VT Radio show Jim and Gordie Show.

Visit Gordon Duff's YouTube Channel

View Latest Posts >>>

GORDON DUFF: MR. CHENEY, WE AREN’T ALL YELLOW

screenhunter_17_jan._11_20.30_320NOBODY NEEDS TO KEEP ME SAFE

WHAT PARENT WANTS THEIR CHILDREN TO

DIE PROTECTING THEM?

By Gordon Duff STAFF WRITER/Senior Editor

Mr. Cheney, while you and those around you were being kept safe during the Vietnam War, I was fighting in Vietnam.  I wasn’t fighting for you.  If I had known who you were, I would have thrown you in a well in a New York minute.  Like generations before me, I hoped my own children wouldn’t have to sleep in mud day after day and see their friends blown apart beside them.  Now I have to listen to your endless whining about how Americans should think nothing about how important it is to be safe, safe, of course, because we are sending the children we fought to protect out to die for us.  If I have to be kept safe in my old age, seeing our kids and grandkids die, many of them husbands, parents, it just isn’t worth it.  If real killing and dying has to go on to really protect America, something some of us aren’t so sure is the case, I will go right now, but I am dragging your bloated hulk with me.

Alot of us who fought in Vietnam will go.  We deserve it.  We were supposed to build a world for our children and grandchildren to grow up in and we failed.  We elected crooks, we took too much and gave too little and we had our head in the sand while our freedoms were taken away from us.

People like Cheney, Bush, Rove, Limbaugh, Reagan, Gingrich, Ashcroft, Rice, Delay and Lott told us the world owed us a living.  Too many of us believed you and mortgaged our future to pay for a party we were never invited to anyway.  We have nothing left but our kids and you are asking for them too.  I say no.  We are going to pay our own way.  We aren’t like you.

We have it coming.  When it was time to come home from war and build a better society, we, instead, let cheap crooked politicians take over.  We stayed out of politics.  It was too dirty for us, beneath our honor.  What took over, of course, was a generation of phony heroes, Bush the “war fighter” whose service records are classified for a century and an endless series of lying war profiteers, war mongers, torturers and scumbags.

I want every stinking one of them with me.  They can walk in front.  I will keep them moving.  This is what boots are for.  With Cheney, nobody would ever stand behind him anyway, if he had a gun in his hand.

What I find most offensive is that we can fight war after war because we have soldiers who have no other job than to be in the military.  They are trapped, the jobs they should have were shipped overseas, the money to build a real economy wasted on phony wars and our kids are supposed to die around the world, not saving us from tyranny but working for thieves and cowards.

More sickening still, we lie to our kids, call them heroes, give them medals, make up imaginary enemies for them to hate and manipulate them by telling them how scared all of us are and how grateful we are for them keeping us safe.

We could have taught them better but we were too busy shopping, watching the “big game” and telling war stories down at the Legion hall. .screenhunter_18_jan._11_20.34

Don’t fight for me.  Don’t defend me.  I don’t want anyone captured, questioned, tortured or killed in my name.  Don’t put anyone on trial in a military kangaroo court so I can fly to Paris for a weekend without some malcontent with a box cutter getting in my face.  I am an American.  I will deal with it myself, thank you very much.

The worst thing a parent can do is outlive one of their children.  I know this first hand.  Many American parents know this first hand.  Simply because we have become a generation of cowardly bloated former yuppies is no reason for us to glue ourselves to Fox News waiting for the daily terrorism outlook.

One of the most sickening experiences of my life is hearing people say, “He kept us safe.”  The “he” they were pointing at, of course, was a reprehensible coward and liar who started two personal wars to fatten his Wall Street friends while tearfully recognizing the sacrifice of “the warriors that gave all for freedom.”

Every time I saw him, I could also see thru the act.  He would crawl back into his helicopter, wipe the tears from his eyes, and announce:

“I hope that holds the suckers for awhile.”

duffsterVeterans Today Senior Editor Gordon Duff is a Marine combat veteran and regular contributor on political and social issues.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Posted by on January 11, 2010, With 590 Reads Filed under 9/11, WarZone. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

45 Responses to "GORDON DUFF: MR. CHENEY, WE AREN’T ALL YELLOW"

1. Shirley D  January 23, 2010 at 5:14 am

Mr. Gordon Duff you are my hero. It takes gut to write these articles and to date I’m totally in agreement with you. You are not only a brave, honest, fearless editor but have the people and America at heart. I for one would vote for you as President of these United States. God Bless you and your family.

2. Lizzie  January 17, 2010 at 7:27 pm

THERE IS A ONE-SIDED WAR GOING ON RIGHT NOW AND HAS BEEN FOR DECADES AGAINST DISABLED COMBAT VETERANS. – Congressmen and women and Senators… I hold ALL of you responsible for the progression of my husband’s deterioration in health, as he has pursued his PTSD claim for the past 15 years… and allowing THIS to happen to American families of Disabled Combat Veterans. You are either part of making the VA ACCOUNTABLE NOW or you are part of the problem. You ‘public servants’ ought to back up American warriors or ‘We, the People’ need to VOTE YOU OUT NOW! And – any public servant who is not a part of the solution of holding the VA accountable NOW is a war criminal against the people of America and her children.

3. Wes Carr  January 16, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Let’s not forget Ben Shapiro, Ben Ferguson and all the other Young Republican
    chickenhawks who urge others to fight when they have no intention of going
    themselves. These keyboard commandos are of enlistment age and in presumably
    good health yet are unwilling to make the same sacrifices they ask of others.
    I heard clueless idiots like them when Vietnam was going on and it’s amazing
    how some things never change.

4. Tom Dillman  January 13, 2010 at 12:05 am

How many members of Congress, Dems, Pubs, Indy’s, actually served in the military? My guess is, damn few. Most of the ones who served, are, as you say Duff, r.e.m.f.s. You’d pull in an even bigger audience if you’d become an equal opportunity slammer. The Reverend P.T. was right about Ted Kennedy. He was a real piece of wasted work. And I voted for his brother. Back to the Congressmen, most of them are failed lawyers. Many of the rest are failures in general. I could probably count the good ones, the ones we could trust in a ‘foxhole’, on one hand.

• duffster  January 13, 2010 at 12:50 am

Many years ago, we started putting together lists.  The most complete was the Chickenhawk Database.

The worst of them have been republicans.  Even some ‘almost’ combat vets are total phonies….North and McCain…

While some vets who are ‘decorated’ are total liars..Bud Day.

Real combat vets are very few…Robb maybe….and John Kerry…who I don’t care much for.

The issue is more being ‘pro war’ and total chickenshit…which always damns the phony GOP.

Lots of effort by many…examining all of this.

g

5. Old 1SG  January 12, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Hell, talking about lies I did to get in the army, and went to vietnam 2 times and desided I would stay long enoufe so some of those ass holes who didnt go who had all of those rich dads that gave them the silver lined cloud would have to pay for my retirement. And Honorable Duff keep up the good work I love what you are doing hang in there MY Great Brother. Old 1SG

6. BobL  January 12, 2010 at 8:07 pm

I agree with you but don’t forget all the democrats who made big bucks during “Nam. This hammer should fall equally. There are plenty of shills in our government who need to shoulder the blame. Wall Street, Corporate America, who ran to Mexico, then China, with U.S. taxpayer funding to do it, thanks to our dear friends in the Commerce Department. Another bunch of Commie stooges. They should move them all there and exchange their citizenship.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero wrote an article that describes all the “movers and shakers” in our government and corporate culture today:

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.

At least the radicals who want our demise are open about it.

7. francfist  January 12, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Carol, thanks for your concern. You wouldn’t believe how many hrs. I have had counseling. I was raped another time, at least he went to prison, but not before I was asked in court what I was doing in that neighborhood. I said I was a single mother trying to put myself through college and that was the best neighborhood I could afford at the time. It appears some would hold me and my poor neighborhood responsible for the rape and not the rapist. I remember as I was laying on the ground, as he had threatened to kill me, I felt around for a weapon, determined to fight if he tried to kill me. I could only find a small stick, but I was determined if he tried to kill me I would try to stab it in his eye.
    My most recent Dr. diagnosed me with PTSD after my ex filed for divorce while I was waiting for a cancer test to check out two tumors they saw in an ultrasound. I would wake in the middle of the night from dreams of being gutted and tortured, my pillow completely soaked with tears. He gave me meds to help me sleep. But I have no job now and no meds, and just don’t sleep a lot.
    Sometimes I wonder, if I had gained 200 lbs, had my breasts removed, and plastic surgery to make me ugly if I would have been safer.
    But life is not all bad. I paint landscapes of peaceful places, used to paint sets for a children’s theatre I volunteered at.
    And in spite of all, I would fight alongside men to save my country. I realize there are many good men out there, I just wish they were more willing to face up to the fact that many of their fellow men are rapists.
    Bless you and your husband for your service.

8. vểt613  January 12, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Duffster,
    Right on Dude,

I am writing this from Vietnam…trying to deal with some crap I have hauled around for 42 years all because of assholes like them! Will be back in the US on 31 January.

The people here have been more than gracious and forgiving. More vets should make “the trip” in is very healing.

My best & keep it coming.
    D. Tracy

9. rev. peter a tressider  January 12, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Teddy was expelled from Harvard for trying to have some else take his Law Final. That was after being caught trying to have someone take his Spanish Exam.

He ran to the US Army, signed for 4 years and applied for OCS. Caught again trying to have someone else take his test.

They were going to send him to Korea until ‘Pappa Joe’ stepped in and TOLD the military to send Teddy to Europe and that Teddy mistakenly signed for four years and to cut it to 2 years.

Must be nice to have a Daddy who was rich…he was a Bootlegger, ran Houses of ill repute and then ran with the gangsters.

BTW, I did 4 tour in Nam as a Security Policeman. 3 at Bien Hoa AB 66-69 & Danang AB 71-72 aka the peacemaker.

10. SMajGrotto  January 12, 2010 at 4:30 pm

I don’t always agreed with everything you write but as a Nam and Gulf veteran, I have to agree with you. I also know there were democrats also that, as the old expression my dad used to say,….hid behind a Jersey cow. Keep up the writings Gordon!

11. Charlie O/ Viet-Vet.  January 12, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Well done! You’ re really heads up on this one. Cheney needs to shut the hell up and sit his old draft dodging ass down.

12. Khalil Nouri  January 12, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Thanks for your outspokenness ..

13. Khalil Nouri  January 12, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Thanks for your outspokenness ..

14. Khalil Nouri  January 12, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Thanks for your outspokenness ..

15. duffster  January 12, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Ted Kennedy served with the US Army in Europe for 2 years.  You have been caught lying again.  Your friend, Mr. Bush, however, did NO active duty, nor did any of his friends.

This is the 3rd time we have reminded you about your lies regarding Senator Kennedy.  Your penchant for lying must be tied to some kind of oath you have taken.

I have been waiting for the Vietnam war photo of you that you had promised for years.  Post one on a website and send us a link.  We want to see what you looked like then, with your combat unit.

All of us have these photos.  You have mine…where is yours?  Then we can finally honor your service…which you tell us of so often…once you prove you did serve.

Thus far, you do little but attack other veterans who we KNOW have served.  I, of course, have  members of my squad from Vietnam on VT with me.  Let’s hear from those who served in combat with you.  I would hate to think you are just another blowhard.

g

16. Bob Taylor  January 12, 2010 at 10:39 am

Gordon.
    We need to get a political front going ( all the few of us ) who believe and agree with you..
    We need to oust the people who purchased their jobs in Congress and the senate..They do not work for us they work for the Cabal that has sold our country out.
    WE need men like you to take those senate seats and change this country before it collapses into a new dark age..

How to get you elected.?
    See I’m good a volunteering you to that nasty job. but hell they would laugh me off the steps of the Capital if I tried.. but I will work on your bid for office…give me the word..
    and maybe we do as Rex suggests, make a .bid to Congress to allow us old guys to go in place of the kids.. I need a job anyway…as there aren’t any out here..mine is in Mumbai

And as far as a Draft..that would be the kick in the face…just let them try it and you’ll see passion.. no more of that crap..when the enemy is at the US border, ok, all of us will fight..but not for Exxon and Bush’s hand holding buddies..
    Opps..the enemy is at the border..DC is not in the US..its the District of Columbia. That is the Front Line..after all.
    BT

17. Smitty  January 12, 2010 at 7:11 am

That was smooth G, I say make them all walk point.

• duffster  January 12, 2010 at 9:48 am

Mine/booby trap/IED checks…down the road 3 abreast…only armor t-shirts

only equipment….oh..we didn’t have equipment

same same vietnam.

g

18. Fran Lawrence  January 12, 2010 at 5:57 am

Thanks Gordon for expressing so well so much of the frustration, anger and disgust that I hold in regards to our country’s current status with our new booming American industry.

Not exactly the job and career opportunities that I have imagined years ago to be so readily avaiblie for our young people.

And how can I begin to expect our goverment to honor any promise to care for our newly wounded when so many of their father’s and granfather’s services are still being stonewalled and disrepected?

“Allow the president to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such a purpose – and you allow him to make war at pleasure.”

“This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.”

“To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men.”

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

– Abraham Lincoln

19. Rex Carlson  January 12, 2010 at 4:59 am

You’ve given me an idea and I’m dead serious about it.

Backstory: The Draft

It would take less than a nanosecond for Americas to mobilize against the War(s) if there was a Draft.

They know it; they’ll never do it.

Short of that, there do exist any number of small, dedicated movements currently engaged in largely ineffectual actions against the war(s). They’re dismissed, labelled, and ignored. After all, anti-war is anti-American, unpatriotic, treasonous!

So, what about beating the govt. at it’s own game? I’m talking PRO-war(s) – Uber-patriots — all those who are willing to fight and will do it for nothing, JUST to save the kids from doing it?

What if hundreds of hundreds of thousands of older Americans, men and women, able-bodied, disabled, whatever flooded military recruiting offices, etc. intent upon being ALLOWED to serve so our kids can come home. Clamboring to get in on the action might not mean that we’d get there (we’d hope so and work hard toward it, pressing congress to pass laws allowing us to go?) but it makes a strong statement.

There IS precedence for such an idea. Let us not forget that during the Civil War and before, people could hire a paid substitute to serve in one their place. Why not pass a new law allowing anyone who volunteers to, be allowed to serve in someone’s place?

I, for one, WILL serve. I WILL go. Duff, you said that you’d go. Are there any others? Does anyone out there have mega-organizing skills ( I wish I did, I don’t)? Is anyone fired up enough to make something like this happen?

The upside down triangle of the US population by age has to be good for something besides draining Social Security into oblivion. There are a damn lot of us. Hell, AARP has millions of members. If even part of them were committed to this idea, what might happen?

:: The photo at the top is heartbreaking, SO powerful – that picture is worth a million words. ::

ps. If I’ve read you right here, Duff, you had a child who died. Should that be so, I am sorry, so sorry. One day, perhaps you’ll write about him/her so we’ll know the name and who they were. We talk about war and terror and death and the dark side here every day. But, it’s always worthwhile being reminded that, fundamentally, death is really about life and meaning.

I ask us all…

“If you were imminently dying and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call, what would you say, and why not do it NOW.” (from Steven Levine’s book, Conscious Living/Conscious Dying.

• S.Druzynski  January 12, 2010 at 2:18 pm

At 55 I would return to send a kid home in a NY minute! Your on the right track.

• Oldleatherneck  January 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Hell let me go now please. I am more than ready. Save our youth. Take those who know what to expect and have been there done that and are more than willing to do it again.

20. francfist  January 12, 2010 at 4:55 am

gduff – Here is a poem I wrote. I will dedicate it to you.

Spring Meditation

Beneath the trees
    discarded blossoms brown and curl
    too easily surrendering to summer.
    But I know
    if I could blossom like the magnolia
    I would refuse to listen to seasons.
    Ignoring the summer-heated air
    drying my petals
    I would thrust my roots deeper
    into earth.

Time enough to surrender
    when frost spreads a thin sheet over gnarled limbs.
    Time enough to sleep
    when sap trickles too sluggishly for dreams.

You still have dreams, you aren’t old yet, gduff.

21. francfist  January 12, 2010 at 3:55 am

Thank you Carol, I will check. I have read some of your articles and you sound like a very caring human being. I have always suspected as the colonel would not have wanted what he tried to do to me come out that he probably took care of the paperwork somehow but I was never contacted or given any paperwork so I have never known all these years and didn’t know how to find out. I have worried a bit about it over the years but I was busy trying to survive and raise my child. Funny, here I am still trying to survive. It is a hard world. I don’t want to sound conceited but I think I am very brave. I think many women are very brave. I don’t think a lot of men realize how hard it is to live in a world where you feel like prey.
    Thanks again.

• Carol  January 12, 2010 at 10:09 am

Francfist,

It would be plausible that the person who assaulted you would have been able to control your paperwork. Have you every spoken with a health professional about your experience? Perhaps getting this incident out in the open with others would be positive in some way? Surviving and taking care of our children, pets, and others is what women and men do.

Carol

22. Bob Taylor  January 11, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Gordon..you have my rage and fear captured in your words..
    like so many of us that were betrayed then and Now..
    these phony hero’s marching in step to the White House..make me want to scream or cry..I swore after I got home that my kids were not going to serve these scum.
    BT

• duffster  January 11, 2010 at 11:46 pm

Bob,

I have so many friends with kids in the military.  Funny to think about it, but as Vietnam vets, now..going back in time to when we entered the service…

We weren’t like Korean or WW2 vets…

We were the WW1 vets.

We are that old….

This is unreal.

g

23. francfist  January 11, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Thank you all. Though I am a poet, with a degree in creative writing, and an artist, I do have other skills – I am a superb shot for one thing, both at pool and with a gun. I attended the Ks. Law Enforcement Training Center and worked in law enforcement a few years.
    But perhaps one of you can advise me on something. Back in the mid seventies I joined the army reserve to make some money as I was a single mother and was trying to put myself through school. My colonel in the reserves was the local high school principal and one Sunday evening when we got to go back to being civilians, my Colonel asked me to help him move some boxes to the high school. I agreed to help him and after we carried the boxes down to the basement of the high school, he tried to rape me. Because I’d already experienced sexual abuse in my life, it really floored me and I got real depressed and refused to go back to anymore weekends in the reserves. No one ever contacted me, I don’t know what they did, what kind of discharge they gave me or even if I was ever discharged. How do I find this out? Over the years I occasionally wondered but life goes on and as they never contacted me, it never seemed very important. I suppose this sounds like a weird story but I assure you it is true. Can anyone tell me how to find out if I was discharged? Or should I just forget it and not worry about it?

24. Night Flyer  January 11, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Roget that!

25. Forever stranger  January 11, 2010 at 10:38 pm

To Francfist
    it is your sprite, and others with your sprite that keeps my faith in this country

26. francfist  January 11, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Though I did not serve in Vietnam I lost my first love there. As the wars have gone on these past few years, and I noticed that without a draft, they were having to take felons, lower intelligence requirements and raise age limits, and even that seemed not enough as they had to use their stop loss policy. But then the economy collapsed, and aside from taking our money, it also provided a whole generation of children there were no jobs for here to be used as soldiers. I would put nothing past them now.
    Not many yrs. ago, I laughed at conspiracy theorists who claimed 9/11 was an inside job. The last two yrs have stilled my laughter.
    I am a 60 yr old, 130 lb. female but I am ready to serve.
    When I hear politicians say we need to fight them there so we don’t have to fight them here, I think I’d rather fight them here as I have become convinced that “here” is where our real enemies are.

• Soap Box  January 11, 2010 at 10:35 pm

bless u francfist.
      the time will come.
      they will be jailed and we shall be set free.

• Forever Stranger  January 11, 2010 at 10:47 pm

27. mrg  January 11, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Duffy, man alive brother i could not have spoken with more heart if i tried. watching this insanity unfold is like a rolling tragedy without brakes. i wish we had a DOJ that would own up to the law and put those war profiteering bastards behind bars! thanks for speaking for me.

28. mrg  January 11, 2010 at 9:51 pm

• duffster  January 11, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Good to have u with me.

g

• Gordie Hayduk  January 12, 2010 at 12:23 am

COMMENT, THEN JOIN A GROUP AND PARTICIPATE

Far better than those stuffed white shirts at DOJ are the ultimate owners of this Republic gone awry — We The People… are the sovereign owners of America, not the government. We NEED an Article V Convention to propose amendments independent of the Executive branch, Legislative branch and Judicial branch. They have no say-so in the matter after Congress obeys Article V and calls a convention. After that it’s up to the states and We The People. When and if ratified — 75% approval — they will become amendments to the U.S. Constitution. It is the LAW of the land.

Google “foavc” and “article-v-convention” for more information.

There’s 26,136,000 retired and active service members out there — we can and will make a difference. Don’t sit, join and help — volunteer one hour or more a week. It will help. We can SAVE THE REPUBLIC.

29. Terry Lee  January 11, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Yes indeed!!

30. Soap Box  January 11, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Powerful, tragic and true

A blend of ferocious rage and deep, deep sorrow.

Shared by thousands, each with a ready heart.

• duffster  January 11, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Rage.  Yup.  Sorrow.  Yup.  If only I weren’t one of many.

g

• Pat Cameron  January 11, 2010 at 10:35 pm

BRAVO GORDON!

• Joe Spenner  January 12, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Please print the following item in every Veteran’s publication so we can spread THE REAL TRUTH!

“Satan Displays Bush ‘Hook ’em’ Hand Gesture; Is The Devil a UT Fam Too?”

That explains why they are such dirty, bloody LIARS. Print this truthful fact in every Veteran Publication so every citizen can understand why there is so much hatred against Jesus and His powerful truths, and why they want to take “IN GOD WE TRUST,” off of our failing-money.
      Rhodes Scholar, Clinton; Bush SR; Bush JR; face-shooter Cheney; all must be indicted for mass genocide and put on trial for treason of our Soldiers, and mass murder.
      Joe Spenner http://www.tldm.org

• Tom  January 12, 2010 at 2:22 pm

I am just sorry I only found this website two weeks ago. Duff: If you are half the man your writings indicate, you my friend are a GIANT