SPY BREAK-IN AT SENATOR LANDRIEU’S OFFICE COMPROMISED NATIONAL SECURITY AT HIGHEST LEVELS
By Gordon Duff
This week, a “Watergate” type attack on the Federal Building in New Orleans was thwarted when 4 “black bag” operatives, one the son of US Attorney, William J. Flannigan, whose offices were in the same building, were arrested “in the act.”
Another of the men, James O’Keefe is a close associate of Texas Republican and Member of Congress, Pete Olson. Olson’s campaign to recover convicted Rep. Tom Delay’s seat from the Democrats was financed by rogue billionaire Dan Duncan, noted for his helicopter/machinegun trophy hunting trips to Russia.
Suspects, even American citizens, who commit crimes like this one are sent to Guantanamo, subjected to “waterboarding” and years of detention, unless, of course, they have friends in high places, friends who want terrorists dealt with harshly unless those terrorists are their friends or family.
Representative Olson has failed to comment on the nature of his relationship with O’Keefe. Olson has referred to the now jailed O’Keefe as a great American hero. 31 GOP members of Congress concur. They can now visit their “hero” in prison. As for O’Keefe’s heroic act, nobody has been able to figure that out yet. Does spying on the United States count?
In an odd turn, when 46 year old Olson collapsed from heart failure, he was saved by Rahm Emanual, President Obama’s Chief of Staff. Olson now has a pacemaker as does his other close associate and advisor, former Vice President Dick Cheney.
Senator Mary Landreiu is senior member of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, making her office and communications the most classified of any elected official in the United States outside the President. Nearly every national secret involving the security of the United States passes through those offices. Information accessed thru the attempted wiretap and break in could enable any terrorist organization full access to our most sensitive materials regarding counter-terrorism, intelligence coordination and active ongoing operations.
Information under the highest classification levels from the FBI, CIA, NSA, DIA, DHS , NSC and White house along with secure “chatter” between House and Senate members and their staffers on homeland security issues would have been accessed. On the “intelligence market,” as described by former FBI translator, Sibel Edmonds, information of this kind is regularly accessed and sold by individuals directly connected to those arrested, sold to enemies of the United States. We are still waiting for the Attorney General to act on these now very substantiated allegations.
The MSM is presenting this act of espionage as an attempt by neo-Conservatives to get information to blackmail Senator Landrieu on issues involving voter registration efforts. However, there is no reason to believe any information of that kind was in that office nor could any information obtained thru this method be used in anything but a felonious manner.
Senator Landrieu, though Committee Chairman would not have been an office involved in an investigation of “ACORN” or any such group. The Sub-Committee for Permanent Investigations is chaired by Senator Carl Levin. His office is in the McNamara Federal Building in Detroit, over a thousand miles away. None of the alleged spies had parents with offices conveniently located in the building with Senator Levin nor would Senator Levin have had the wealth of information valued by foreign intelligence services that could have been accessed from Senator Landrieu.
TIES TO ISRAEL
Those arrested had worked for “journalist” Andrew Beitbart, known Israeli Supporter and prominent voice of powerful Israeli advocate Rupert Murdoch thru his Fox News network and Wall Street Journal. Breitbart is linked to the neo-con controlled Townhall.com and Drudge.com, known for their consistently anti-administration views. Breitbart denies that any of those arrested, though closely associated with him, were acting directly under his orders when the espionage occurred.
SENATE HOMELAND SECURITY COMMITTEE
Current hearings held by the Senate Homeland Security Committee chaired by Landireu, hearings subject to this espionage attack involve:
- Intelligence reform in the aftermath of the Christmas terrorist attack
- Overviews of contracting corruption in Afghanistan
- Planning for securing America’s diplomats around the world
- The Terrorist Reform and Terrorist Prevention Act (IRTPA)
- Investigating the root causes of the Ft. Hood attack
- Securing America from financial crimes
- America’s Defense from Cyber Attack
- Development plans for “post surge” Afghanistan
Current investigations by the Sub-Committee on Investigations are:
- Speculation in trading and how it effects national security
- How US banks help overseas corporation dodge US taxes
- Report on Tax Havens hiding billions from the IRS
- Massive abuses of government credit cards by employees
- Ending “offshore secrecy” to allow the US to recover billions in tax shortfall
- Shell Oil credit card interest abuses
- Medicaid abuse and equipment overcharges
- Billions in unpaid taxes on Medicaid income by American doctors
- Speculation in the energy markets costing American consumers billions a year
- Failures in United Nations reform, waste and corruption
- Speculation and manipulation that controls and rigs crude oil and gasoline markets
- and many many more
- The Senate HSC is responsible for implementing all intelligence reforms resulting from the findings of the 9/11 commission especially in light of continued failures as demonstrated by the Ft. Hood tragedy and the Detroit terror attack.
Current contracting oversight responsibilities:
- Overseeing all USAID reconstruction contracts in Afghanistan
- Investigating massive corruption tied to the US Embassy in Kabul
- Overseeing all US contractors used in Iraq, Afghanistan and around the world in regard to corrupt practices and cost overruns
- Detecting and Prosecuting Contractor Fraud
Scope of the Potential Espionage Penetraton
The current subjects listed above are all of a nature that the security of the United States could be compromised by the access of documents, emails, faxes, phone calls or “bugging” of offices. In fact, every aspect of the security of the United States and every effort to investigate wrongdoing and corruption by companies doing business with the US government passes thru this system.
We have these questions to ask:
- Who would have employed these individuals to attempt espionage at this level?
- What are the potential markets for such information and what is the potential value? Billions?
- Why have no MSM news services reported the facts in this case?
- Has acting US Attorney for Western Louisiana, William J. Flannigan, whose son is among those arrested still actively employed and has he been interrogated by the security services of the United States in a manner consistent to his potential involvement in this serious act of espionage using methodologies he supported for other?
WITHOUT WOODWARD AND BERNSTEIN, WILL THE STORY SIMPLY DIE?
In light of the Edmonds testimony, do we consider that our spies were working for Turkey, Israel or the ISI of Pakistan or the RAW of India? Were they working for the oil companies, tax cheats or Blackwater, all under investigation from this office. Were they getting secrets to sell terrorists planning to attack the United States? Was aiding in the planning of a terrorist attack, lets say, prior to the congressional elections, a priority?
Does this go along with the political connections and beliefs of this group? Would they be willing to see hundreds or even thousands of Americans die to further their extremist political agenda? Are there Americans like this?
You don’t break into a Rolls Royce dealership to steal a mop ringer.
Imagine the access. A Homeland Security Committee member with an office in New Orleans and a spy with a father who is the US Attorney, allowing total cover for an espionage operation and, with a little luck, a safe haven inside the building itself.
No TV spy could be given such advantages or such protections, especially the protections of the press blackout that we are seeing now, seemingly manipulated through Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, Rupert Murdock and friends. Is Andrew Bretbart, Brentwood resident, pro-Israeli activist and ultra-right winger at the heart of this? Is anyone asking? Is anyone looking?
Posted by Gordon Duff, Senior Editor on January 28, 2010, With 2093 Reads Filed under Foreign Policy, Government & Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.