That an extralegal chain of command exists within our military—extending to our military academies—is becoming more obvious as each new report reveals a clear and present threat to the good order and discipline of our armed forces as the political-religious dominionism grows and pursues its own agenda
As a former Marine lieutenant who, like Lt. Clebe McClary, was severely wounded while leading a mission in Vietnam, I am appalled by my fellow Marine’s statement that a “complete” Marine is one who likes to think that U.S.M.C. stands for “U.S. Marine for Christ.” I am even more appalled that the United States Air Force Academy has invited someone with such a religiously divisive and sectarian message to speak at its upcoming National Prayer Luncheon, an event that should be inclusive of Airmen of all faiths.
Lt. McClary lost an eye and an arm; I lost the ability to walk. Countless other Marines, of all religions and no religion, have also suffered life-changing and permanent injuries in the service of our country. Lt. McClary dishonorably, not to mention illegally, appears in the uniform of a Marine before both military and civilian audiences, not with the message of “Once a Marine, Always a Marine,” but a message of “Once a Marine, now ‘a member of the Lord’s Army.'”
Proselytizing and Christian supremacy have no place in the United States military, and I urge the Air Force Academy to reconsider its choice of Lt. McClary as the speaker for its Prayer Luncheon, and to replace him with a speaker who can deliver a message that is inclusive of members of all faiths.
- Advisory Board member, Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF)
- Founder and President for nine years of Vietnam Veterans of America, the only Congressionally chartered veterans organization in the nation for Vietnam veterans
- Nobel Peace Prize ( 1997), Co-Founder of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL)
Latest posts by Veterans Today (see all)
- Honoring Women Veterans: Blog Post by DOL and VA Secretaries, Director of OPM - April 25, 2015
- Money available to help 113 more area veterans end homelessness - April 25, 2015
- “Lord Nazi-Hunter” Pedophile Scandal Sickens Britain - April 25, 2015
Posted by Veterans Today on January 21, 2011, With 0 Reads, Filed under Veterans Affairs. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.