VT Accused Of Thwarting Israeli Plan
Veterans Today Stands Accused, But Not of Enough
As the news fills with stories about Israel’s plan to attack nuclear weapons facilities in Iran, real or imagined, an October 27 story in Veterans Today, Iran and Israel Caught – Partnering in Nuclear Attack Ploy, laid bare their war plans based on a series of highly placed leaks.
There were so many “leakers”, Israel, Iran, Ukraine, US, that we hardly had time to talk to them all.
Why the leaks? Seldom in history has there been a war so few people actually want to fight.
As our initial report indicates, not only does Iran know it’s coming, they have agreed to “paint” the target themselves. They need it more than Israel does.
When we ask why, we descend into the murky world of finance where money disasters, as we have seen in the European Union, reeling from one Greek disaster to another, can be worse than any nuclear attack.
For Israel, the problem is “oil futures.” “Futures” aren’t really investments, they’re really bets, gambling, usually based on “insider knowledge” of a market.
The oil market is based on “supply and demand.” Economic circumstances controls supply and world economies are crashing and out of control, particularly in Europe but the United States as well, the two largest oil markets.
There is no demand for oil.
This leaves “supply.” Oil supplies are controlled two ways. Prices are pushed up by threats of war which could include damage or even purposeful attack on oil facilities as in Kuwait.
A more unique situation is Iran’s capability of shutting off supply by closing the Straits of Hormuz, the narrow waterway where oil tankers from the Persian Gulf must pass.
Can war really be “pretend?” Have things gone that far? The answer, of course, is in the leaks. Everyone is doing it, you can’t shut them up.
Iran totally controls it and Iran’s only real military capability other than having a 13 million man militia, is the thousands of missiles it has pointed at the Straits.
What were the leaks?
- Israel had bought billions in oil futures, bets based on secret knowledge of upcoming events that would make oil go up in price, way up, despite all indications otherwise. They knew something nobody else knew. Have we heard this accusation before, perhaps on 9/11, airline stock futures?
- Sources in Iran, not only confirmed Israel’s investment strategy but admitted as well that factions in Iran were set to share in Israel’s potential massive profits if, for some mysterious reason, an attack on Iran, one doomed to be at best a joke attack, were to go forward.
- Sources in Iran, in actuality, confirmed that also, that they had knowledge of an Israeli attack and that some in Iran were fully complicit, willing to “stand aside” and allow Israel to fly 1400 miles to Iran under continual radar observation, total “sitting ducks,” for an attack that, considering the size of Iran, that would be like killing an elephant with a grain of sand. Any attack attempt would be reported by Russian satellites, advanced Russian systems in Syria and, of course, by the thousands of Russian radar and satellite technicians working in Iran. The “in air” refueling planes themselves would be seen from as far away as Germany.
- Iranian sources went further, naming those in Iran who had been offered payment by Israel, part of the oil future proceeds, proceeds that could become a massive debt, hundreds of billions, unless an attack is carried out soon and oil quickly goes above $120 a barrel, way above that, the price set by this round out “futures.”
- Iran has its own interests. As a nation with little but an oil economy, it is dependent on direct sale of oil for its survival. When this was last discussed but not leaked by everyone, back in 2008, there was a bit of a different world. Let’s take a look at that now:
The initial plan was made in 2008. Real plans for an invasion of Iran by the Bush administration and PNAC, the Israeli run foundation that advised President Bush on all policies and “peopled” his administration with some whose loyalties were “obscure” at best, had failed.
“False Flag” naval attacks in the Persian Gulf had been attempted, phony patrol boats, phony radio traffic, a typical Bush/Netanyahu “Marx Brothers” operation.
Then the Bush administration went to the government of Bahrain and asked them to help blow up a facility killing a few dozen American servicemen.
We had seen a similar “false flag” attack back in the 1980′s prior to the Libya bombing, something we have since learned was entirely “theatrical” and never really happened at all, not without Libyan permission.
No, no 15 month old “daughter of a dictator” was killed in the Tripoli bombings as we have been informed in more leaks, this one by President Reagan’s National Intelligence Coordinator, Lee Wanta.
We caught onto the Bahrain attack as well, another leak, this one from the Bush National Security Council, an assistant to someone named Paul Wolfowitz came forward.
An American general, Special Forces, working directly under Vice President Cheney, was sent to Bahrain to arrange the attack on American servicemen. White House officials who disapproved, flew to Bahrain and warned the Marine and Naval commanders. The attacks, to be staged by the intelligence services of Bahrain, were thwarted.
Some of those involved in stopping the murder of the Americans had their careers ruined, others had friends and relatives arrested and charged with “money laundering” and other spurious Patriot Act violations.
One senior member of the National Security Council actually had to flee the country and seek asylum. We know of one murder, a Turkish national.
The member of the NSC who went into hiding described a private meeting with Paul Wolfowitz from 1999, prior to his appointment to the NSC, while he was still with PNAC, where he described the plans to rig intelligence to attack Iraq for no other purpose than to stage an invasion of Iran. Of course to do this, it was necessary to rig a presidential election.
Thus, the clock moves forward and the map of the Middle East is in the process of being redrawn.
As to what has changed, the first area we discuss is the issue of “social cohesion.” Both Israel and Iran, at that time, were seen as “cohesive” societies. Israel was all Jews who bought in on Nethanyau’s “boogeyman stories” and Iran was totally under the thumb of the Mullahs.
Today, however, nobody believes Netanyahu, his new stories about Iran, published in paper after paper, “parallel nuclear weapons programs” and Iranians sharpening knives in their tents barely gets giggles anymore. In Iran, too much time has passed.
Control of civil government by uneducated religious leaders whose secret police arrest people for “witchcraft” and “consorting with jinns” (genies, a form of demon) has worn thin.
Any country that has a space program or that could build nuclear weapons and still believes these things is pretty silly.
Actually, religious leaders in Israel are almost identical to those in Iran, perhaps even worse and have, under Netanyahu, nearly as much influence as this story from Veterans Today tells us.
Currently rather broad interpretations of the Torah cover all sorts of things, including war based on financial speculation.
Do we look at this “common ground” between Israel and Iran as a positive move toward world peace?
LAST BUT HARDLY LEAST
The last leak we had came from the Ukraine. Sources there, close to the highest levels of the government and military, reminded us of those “heady times” back in 2003.
The Bush administration was on a worldwide crusade against Islam. Bush, now the least popular president in American history, accused by dozens of nations of war crimes, still had acceptable poll numbers, that and 200,000 troops in Iran.
Iran had an active nuclear weapons program at that time and openly admits it.
With 200,000 Americans staring at them, under the command of criminal psychopaths led around by the nose by Israeli agents posing as members of the National Security Council, Iran chose to very publicly scrap its nuclear weapons program.
They were only buying time.
The threat was very real to Iran, Bush planned an attack on Iran and was willing to do anything, including stage another attack on the United States as he had on 9′/11, to justify it.
This was no secret in the Middle East. Osama bin Laden had announced who planned 9/11 early on, while he was still alive before his death in 2001.
A “slam dunk” case for the innocence of bin Laden is made in this article in Veterans Today, Osama bin Laden: Closing the Case on an Innocent Man.
Official CIA transcripts and even broadcasts by Fox News support bin Laden’s innocence.
Unsubstantiated stories indicate that Viktor Yushchenko’s supporters, back in 2003, to help finance his election, sold a weapon of sorts to Iran.
Yushchenko, himself, had actually reached out to Israel for support during the campaign, pointing out that his mother had hidden 3 Jewish girls from the Nazis during World War II.
Either way, there are those who believe Yushchenko was responsible and was poisoned with dioxin as punishment for this transgression.
There is no proof of this.
However, much more reliable reports do tell of a transfer of a weapon to Iran in 2003.
We must also remember that, in 1995, the Ukraine had entered into negotiations to join NATO. It wasn’t under 2010 that this effort was abandoned when a polling of Ukrainian voters found 40% looked on NATO as more threat than friend.
As for the weapon itself, this is how it was described.
Theoretically, the Ukraine returned its nuclear arsenal to Russia in 1996. Within this arsenal were a number of SS19 missiles, armed with 6 550kt thermonuclear warheads.
Some were returned to Russia and, in accordance with START 2, rearmed with a single 5 megaton warhead, replacing the MIRV (Multiple independently targetable reentry vehicle) system.
Some remained behind, armed with the original 5 weapons but in “dry” storage, lacking both fuel and targeting systems.
One of these was flown to Tehran, our Ukrainian sources tell us, giving Iran a missile capable of striking, not only Israel but most of the world, though we are not sure of its condition, and enough nuclear weapons, more appropriately, “thermonuclear weapons” of small size and high reliability to turn Israel to glass.
Any one of them could destroy the entire American fleet in the region.
Why then, would Israel indicate plans to attack Iran when we know that they know Iran has these weapons and could deliver them?
What is confirmation on this? Our last National Security Assessment by the CIA indicated that Iran has no active nuclear program and is not trying in any way to build nuclear weapons.
In fact, despite continual promises from Israel, coming “fast and furious” in the last few days, nobody has any proof that Iran didn’t dismantle their weapons program nearly a decade ago as claimed.
We would ask Osama bin Laden, if he hadn’t died 10 years ago. This is the nature of the kind of rhetoric we have gotten used to hearing.
Why then are there continual threats against a program that nobody can locate, Iran is certainly filled with spies, and the CIA claims doesn’t exist?
“Set piece battles” were all the thing, from ancient times up to the Somme in 1916. It is clear that Israel wants to fight Iran but just can’t get there. Israel has little real navy, no air transport capability to speak of and many of its soldiers, after doing their IDF service, returned to the US where they are working, some on Wall Street.
The map below is from the UK Daily Mail, prepared by friends of Israel that manage that publication. Get a good laugh out of this:
THE MAP, A COMEDY OF STUPIDITY
- Where do I begin? Israel’s 750 aircraft can’t be refueled to attack Iran. They also can’t fly over Turkey, Iraq or Saudi Arabia legally. The truth? Israel has a few planes in one of the former Soviet Republics, north of Iran. They can use those. They are so poorly protected a group of small children might steal them at any time. Whoever did this map, and we know it was done in Israel, figures everyone is stupid. They are probably right.
- Problem 2 is the 43,000 troops in Iraq. The “Separation of Forces Agreement” between the US and Iraq prohibits any US troops there to be used against Iran. In fact, Iraq would be obligated to join the war on behalf of Iran. So would Turkey, a long time ally of the US with one of the most powerful armies in the world.
- The 43,000 Americans are more likely to rekindle a full scale civil war in Iraq, something Israel wants as it has plans to seize part of Kurdistan.
- Then we have the 98,000 American troops in Afghanistan. They are already losing a war there, 10 years later and the Taliban is kicking their tails. President Karzai would be forced to demand the immediate withdrawal of all American forces from Afghanistan, forcing a US veto in the UN Security Council. The entire nation of Afghanistan would rise against American forces leading to a modern day “Dien Bien Phu.” 98,000 Americans could very well end up POWs.
- Pakistan would be obligated to cut off all US supplies from the Indian Ocean and Russia would immediately end all US agreements to allow resupply over Russia. The 98,000 American troops in Afghanistan would be out of ammunition, have no fuel for their vehicles or planes and would eventually starve to death or learn to eat the opium poppies they have helped cultivate for the past 10 years.
- This leaves those ships in the Persian Gulf. Iran, years ago, had 8000 Chinese designed Silkworm missiles dug in to cover the entire Persian Gulf and much of the Southern Indian Ocean. Two years ago, a factory producing these missiles, capable of defeating America’s naval defenses, was completed in Iran. This means current numbers are much higher. These missiles “close” at Mach 2.5 and can be launched by the thousands in a few minutes. The Japanese Kamakazi attacks that devastated US Naval forces off Okinawa in 1945 would be a joke in comparison. Every ship in the Persian Gulf would be underwater in a few hours. Would the US Navy retaliate? Of course, as soon as they built new ships.
- Just imagine how many of the world’s several billion Muslims would be putting in applications to join Al Qaeda? Is that the plan, overwork Al Qaeda’s recruiting and training staff and make them all quit?
If you think I invented this stupid map, please check the Daily Mail article “Iran ‘is ready for war’: Tehran vows to retaliate if Israel and the West attack nuclear plants“
This pack of clowns, the most shamefully incompetent military minds on earth, actually tried to foist this off on the British public.
IT GETS WORSE, SO MUCH WORSE
Israel is in a hurry to push the US into war because Egypt still has its pro-Israeli army led by Mubarak era stooges.
When they are gone, and an election will eliminate them quickly, Egypt has put Israel on notice that the Camp David Peace Accords will no longer apply.
Israel will have a large American trained and American supplied Egyptian Army on its border for the first time in decades.
With the Persian Gulf a war zone, oil will stop.
Any increase in oil prices will collapse both the dollar and euro, two currencies “on the brink.” The US depends on China to buy its bad debt, the only way of keeping America alive.
However, China is closely aligned to both Pakistan and Iran. Though China may not defend Iran, it will certainly prevent any US pressure against Pakistan to allow troops or supplies to cross Pakistan for an attack on China’s other ally and major supplier of oil, Iran.
China can also dump its treasury bonds, lowering America’s credit rating more and making any further borrowing by the US impossible. America will then be forced to cut back its military, not 25% but 60% and drain the Social Security fund dry.
With this, of course, the auto companies will collapse again, with no money to bail them out, and the rest of the banks will go with them, again with no money for a bailout.
Commercial credit will dry up as will mortgages, inflation will hit, interest rates will be forced up to levels we saw under President Carter and America will enter a full scale depression likely to last a generation.
Other than that, “the plan” seems on solid footing as far as I can see.
CONTROLLED PRESS STARTING A WAR
A minor note. There is no credible intelligence from any source backing claims Israel is making against Iran. Does Israel, in fact, have any credibility at all?
This week, 107 members of the United Nations, by putting the State of Palestine in UNESCO told Israel to “go take a hike.”
With Israel and a carefully orchestrated news campaign demanding the US go to war against Iran, a formidable military power with strong alliances with Russia and China, is American law being violated?
There has been no threat against either America or its interests. No attack has been made on the US though we suspect one may well conveniently occur any day now.
Will people believe it, even after 9/11 has been unmasked?
What do America’s generals say? Two of Israel’s most credible experts have spoken up, the only way they could, by going to the press. They say the entire idea of war with Iran is insanity.
According to the Kuwaiti newspaper al-Jarida, the main suspects are the former heads of Mossad and the Shin Bet, respectively Israel’s foreign and domestic intelligence agencies. Netanyahu is said to believe that the two, Meir Dagan and Yuval Diskin, wanted to torpedo plans being drawn up by him and Ehud Barak, the defence minister, to hit Iranian nuclear sites.
Tzipi Livni, leader of the opposition Kadima party, is also said to have been persuaded to attack Netanyahu for “adventurism” and “gambling with Israel’s national interest”.
LET ISRAEL DO IT
America has certainly fought enough wars for Israel, a fact long in evidence. Perhaps, out of a sense of civility, Iran would agree to fight Israel, on Iranian soil.
This would require an agreement by Iran to allow Israel to stage its forces in Iran, open use of commercial air space, Iranian airports, where IDF current and reserve forces, not just from Israel but the US and UK as well, could be “mustered” for battle against Iran, the “mother of all battles” to coin a phrase oft used by Saddam Hussein.
I am sure JP Morgan/Chase would front the airline tickets.
There is little doubt that Israeli/Australian/British/American Rupert Murdoch could get the television rights.
Netanyahu could lead the forces personally.
I think this is something we all would buy a ticket to see.
Edited by Jim W. Dean
Short URL: http://www.veteranstoday.com/?p=158081
Posted by Gordon Duff on Nov 4 2011, With 0 Reads, Filed under Editor, WarZone. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.