Here’s my latest interview on Press TV. Scroll down to find links for previous Press TV interviews. -KB
Press TV: We were discussing the role of the US and its Arab allies in fueling the unrest in Syria. Kofi Annan is in Syria right now and he has also pointed out that the elements that are backing militant gangs in Syria are hindering the hopes for peace.
Syria has time and time again called for the issue of foreign interference to be raised at the UN Security Council to no avail. Why isn’t this issue being brought into more focus as far as the UN goes?
Barrett: There is a double standard at work. It seems the different countries look at these things differently particularly the US, which is trying to dominate the world unilaterally. It is seeking to impose its double standard on the world.
If any other nation were supporting armed forces attacking the US from within the US that would be called terrorism and of course it would be unacceptable.
But when the same thing is happening in Syria and it is in fact the US that is supporting these armed forces attacking the Syrian government, that’s supposedly different. But it isn’t really.
At some point, the world needs to establish a single standard to deal with all these situations.
And in Syria the fact that there are foreign parties supporting these anti-government rebels, is going to have to be dealt with openly and it should be part of the process with Kofi Annan.
Press TV: Regarding the recent Friends of Syria meeting held a few days back, there was a call for imposing a Libya-Style scenario on Syria as far as implementing a no-fly zone, which was vehemently rejected by Russia. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton responded saying Russia will pay a price for it stance on Syria.
Where is this going to head? Do you think the US is banking on this Libya-style scenario to be replicated in Syria or are they going to try other ways to achieve their aims?
Barrett: I don’t think they will be able to impose their so-called no-fly zone on Syria, which really means shooting down planes and bombing the country. It’s an Orwellian sort of doublespeak term that doesn’t mean what it sound like it says.
And the Russians learned their lesson in Libya and Russia does have a much closer relationship with Syria than it had with Libya and I don’t think the Russians are going to be allowing the US and other countries to be attacking Syria openly. So I think that really is off the table, I can’t imagine that the US government is crazy enough to try to risk a war with Russia over Syria where really the US has no vital interests.
This is a war in which I’ve said in other Press TV interviews…
The real force behind the war is the Likud Zionist Party in Israel, which has an agenda to destabilize the Middle East and in particular to break Syria up into a number of different countries based on their various ethnic and religious differences.
This has been a Zionist project for decades and you can see it coming to fruition today as they’ve managed to get the US on board with it and they’re laying waste to the whole region.
Some of my other Press TV interviews:
- US slave of extremist Likud Zionism in Mideast: American author (7/7/2012)
- Syria destabilization only serves Israeli right wing Likud extremist interests (7/7/2012)
- ‘Military anti-Islamic course gross violation of US Constitution’ (6/21/2012)
- Western leaders have no credibility regarding Syria crisis: Analyst (5/28/2012)
- War against Muslims started even before 9/11 (5/14/2012)
- Saudis seek Nazi-style occupation of Bahrain: Analyst (5/13/2012)
- ‘West, Zionists seek instability, division in Syria’ (4/30/2012)
- Muslims victims of ‘massive propaganda campaign’ (4/17/2012)
- ‘Israel conspires to destabilize Syria’ (4/11/2012)
- US engaged in ‘war on Islam’ (2/28/2012)
He is Host of TRUTH JIHAD RADIO; a hard driving weekly LIVE call in radio show.He also has appeared many times on Fox, CNN, PBS and other broadcast outlets, and has inspired feature stories and op-eds in the New York Times, the Christian Science Monitor, the Chicago Tribune, and other leading publications.
Dr. Barrett has taught at colleges and universities in San Francisco, Paris, and Wisconsin, where he ran for Congress in 2008. He currently works as a nonprofit organizer, author, and talk radio host.
Latest posts by Kevin Barrett (see all)
- Truth Jihad Radio: Humanities scholar Julian Vigo on Charlie Hebdo, Bin Laden, and other islamophobic myths - May 24, 2015
- Victim’s widow: “I want the truth about the Charlie Hebdo attack!” - May 24, 2015
- Truth Jihad Radio: Michael Brenner on Bin Laden; Ole Dammegard breaks new info on Operation 40 - May 23, 2015
Posted by Kevin Barrett on July 12, 2012, With 0 Reads, Filed under Middle East, Syria. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.