by Jim Fetzer
“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”― Arthur Schopenhauer
The evidence that none of the “official plane crashes” actually took place is simply overwhelming, even if there are 9/11 Truth groups that want to avoid it. Not only did Flight 77 not hit the Pentagon, but Flight 93 did not crash in Shanksville and, even though we have all seen videos purporting to show Flight 11 hit the North Tower and Flight 175 hit the South, we know that those videos are faked or fabricated one way or another. As Pilots for 9/11 Truth has shown, Flight 93 was in the air on 9/11 but was over Champaign-Urbana, IL, AFTER it had purportedly crashed in Shanksville; and Flight 175 was also in the air, but was over Harrisburg and Pittsburgh, PA, LONG AFTER it had purportedly effortlessly entered the South Tower. Indeed, FAA registration records show that the plane corresponding to those flights were not deregistered (or formally taken out of service) until 28 September 2005, which means that none of the “official plane crashes” actually took place.
Those who want to contest these findings are going to have to refute Bureau of Transportation Statistics data that shows Flights 11 and 77 were not even scheduled to fly that day and FAA registration data showing that the planes corresponding to Flights 93 and 175 were not de-registered until 28 September 2005. Since they prove that none of the “official plane crashes” actually took place―which defines “NPT” (or “No Planes Theory”), when it is properly understood―they find themselves in good company, because no less an expert than Rob Balsamo, the head of Pilots for 9/11 Truth, whose own society has established some of these key findings, has declared that Pilots will never accept NPT―apparently, regardless of the evidence! We all know planes are shown in those videos, but, whatever they may be, they cannot be Flight 11 and Flight 175. I am not implying that Rob is an agent of disinformation; rather that, by succumbing to the temptation to substitute his personal preferences for objective proof, he has become one more in a long line of “useful idiots” who are incapable of reasoning from premises to the conclusions they support.
Rob Balsamo is far from the only prominent leader of the 9/11 Truth movement who allows the strength of his subjective opinions to override the weight of the objective evidence. Kevin Ryan and Steven Jones have sought to promote the myth of “explosive nanothermite” long past the point where its incapacity to pulverize concrete, much less decimate steel, had been established on the basis of objective scientific evidence. I therefore find it gratifying that, in their latest documentary, A&E911 has scaled back on their previously exaggerated claims and produced a documentary that I can enthusiastically support. The situation with regard to the intensely defensive supporters of Judy Wood―whose dedication is so zealous that I personally regard them as members of a cult―however, is rather different, since they have demonstrated that, no matter how reasonable I could be in supporting the study of her work, they are going to attack and attack and attack, because I have not shown sufficient deference when I suggest that her work has not ruled out the use or mini or micro-nukes, where my position received vindication during the hearings, as I shall demonstrate.
Subjective bias or paranoid tendencies cannot explain all of the deviations displayed by different 9/11 leaders, however. A fellow named Ian Henshall, for example, manages a group, Reinvestigate 9/11, in the UK. When I received an email from him, I sent him links to my last five or six articles here at Veterans Today to share with his members. He wrote back to inform me that he does not want to discuss “the more radical views, which even if true would not help”, which tells me that he is not serious about 9/11 Truth but prefers to run a social club where 9/11 can be discussed over tea and crumpets! I am finding it difficult to draw inferences about him, insofar as his father worked for MI-5, but when there is such an abundance of proof that no Boeing 757 hit the Pentagon and that all four of the crash sites were faked, it seems to me there was nothing radical about what I was sharing, which is based upon official government records from the BTS, the FAA, and independent studies by Pilots for 9/11 Truth.
In his latest newsletter, “9/11―Eleven Years On and Still No Answers”, he offers these “unanswered questions”:
Could 9/11 have been nipped in the bud by the CIA’s then secret Osama Bin Laden unit who identified at least two of the alleged 9/11 hijackers as they entered the US, or the FBI’s three field offices which were refused permission to investigate individuals connected with the attacks?
Was 9/11 really such a surprise, as claimed by the Bush Administration? Not so according to newly released CIA documents (7), (8). Bush received several CIA intelligence warnings that attacks were ‘imminent’ in the summer of 2001. Yet Bush ignored them and took no defensive measures. Why?
Richard Clarke, (9) Bush’s anti-terrorism co-ordinator, has accused the CIA of deliberately withholding information that could have prevented the attacks. Ali Soufan, at the time the FBI’s lead Al Qaeda expert, has also criticised the CIA for blocking investigations of suspects prior to 9/11 (10). Why would the CIA and senior FBI administrators have made these decisions?
Since Osama bin Laden had nothing to do with 9/11, as even our own FBI has acknowledged, and died on 15 December 2001, where the flights were phantoms and hijackers were the stuff of legends, I find it difficult to believe that anyone takes Reinvestigate 9/11 seriously. Egad! Scholars was publishing press releases about the faking of the audio and video tapes since Osama’s death as long ago as 28 May 2006, “Osama Tape Appears to be Fake, Experts Conclude”. So what has Ian Hanshall been doing with his copious free time? I no longer have any doubts about why there was not a substantial turn out from the UK 9/11 movement, when on 14 July 2010, Kevin Barrett, Gilad Atzmon and I presented a symposium at Friend’s House in London, “Debunking the ‘War on Terror'”, for which Ken O’Keefe, the hero of the Mavi Marmara attacks, served as our master of ceremonies.
It seems to me that, if Ian Henshall is attempting to promote 9/11 Truth, he is doing a rather poor job of it. I am personally inclined to believe that the four major findings of The Vancouver Hearings―that the Pentagon was not hit by a Boeing 757; that all four 9/11 “crash sites” were fabricated; that the Twin Towers were brought down using micro or mini-nukes; and that these events involved complicity between the CIA and the Mossad―can function as a kind of litmus test of 9/11 research integrity. If, with the exception of a possible role for DEWs in the destruction of the Twin Towers, these conclusions have been established beyond a reasonable doubt (because no alternative is reasonable), then those who continue to dispute, to ignore or to deny them may not be who they claim to be. To the best of my knowledge, Ian Henshall has shown no interest in discussion or debate about any of them. For the duration here, however, I want to return to the results of The Vancouver Hearings of 15-17 June 2012, regarding how the Twin Towers and WTC-7 were destroyed, where we know the “official account” is hopelessly indefensible.
The “official account” of the Twin Towers
Here are three of the key elements of the “official account” of 9/11, where we have shown that the first two are no longer tenable because they depend upon appeals to phantom flights and to “crash sites” that were fabrications:
* That 19 Islamic fundamentalists hijacked four commercial carriers–Flight AA 11, AA 77, United 93, and United 175–outfoxed the most sophisticated air defense system in the world and perpetrated these atrocities under the control of Osama bin Laden, from a cave in Afghanistan.
* That two of those planes, Flights 11 and 175, both Boeing 767s, were flown into the Twin Towers, where the combination of damage from their impacts, the jet-fuel based fires and those that endured, weakened the steel and caused both of them to collapse in about 10 seconds apiece.
* That at 5:20 PM that afternoon, another enormous building in the World Trade Center complex, WTC-7 (also known as “Building 7″, a 47-story skyscraper, also collapsed due to fires inside the building, even though it had not been hit by any plane and had no jet-fuel-based fires.
What we have not yet shown is that the purported “collapse” of the Twin Towers and the destruction of WTC-7 were not consistent with the story that jet-fuel based fires had caused the steel in the Twin Towers to weaken, which led to a series of collapse of one floor upon another. Here is a diagrammatic representation of what happened, according to NIST and THE 9/11 COMMISSION REPORT (2004), where the residual fires caused the steel to weaken and one floor to collapse, which brought about the cascade of one floor collapsing after another and the complete destruction of the South Tower and then the North. This was ironic by itself, since the fires burned longer in the North Tower, which was “hit” first, than in the South, yet the South “collapsed” first. The story is a fantasy, however, since these very modest fires burned neither long enough nor hot enough to cause steel to weaken and a “collapse” of either tower turns out to have been an engineering and physical impossibility on multiple grounds, as Chuck Boldwyn, especially, has demonstrated again and again. I have interviewed him more than 15 times, including this one:
As I have explained in four of the first five points made in “20 reasons the ‘official account’ of 9/11 is wrong“,
2. Most of the jet fuel, principally kerosene, burned up in those fireballs in the first fifteen seconds or so. Below the 96th floor in the North Tower and the 80th in the South, those buildings were stone cold steel (unaffected by any fires at all other than some very modest office fires that burned around 500 degrees F), which functioned as a massive heat sink dissipating the heat from building up on the steel.
3. The melting point of steel at 2,800 degrees F is about 1,000 degrees higher than the maximum burning temperature of jet-fuel-based fires, which do not exceed 1,800 degrees F under optimal conditions; but the NIST examined 236 samples of steel and found that 233 had not been exposed to temperatures above 500 degrees F and the others not above 1200.
4. Underwriters Laboratory certified the steel in the buildings up to 2,000 degrees F for three or four hours without any significant effects, where these fires burned neither long enough or hot enough at an average temperature of about 500 degrees for about one hour in the South Tower and one and a half in the North Tower to weaken, much less melt.
5. If the steel had melted or weakened, then the affected floors would have displayed completely different behavior, with some degree of asymmetrical sagging and tilting, which would have been gradual and slow, not the complete, abrupt and total demolition that was observed. Which means the NIST cannot even explain the initiation of any ”collapse” sequence.
Indeed, although we cannot reconstruct the towers to conduct tests on its resistance to fire, history did that for us. A huge fire broke out on the 11th floor of the North Tower on 13 February 1975, which burned for three or four hours at temperatures estimated to be around 2,000 degrees F. After it was extinguished, remarkably, none of the steel had to be replaced, which vindicated UL’s certification. This is the occasion on which the decision was made to install fire sprinkler systems in both buildings, which would have extinguished the very modest fires that remained after the jet fuel (which appears to have been pre-positioned) was consumed in those spectacular fireballs. The absurdity of the “official account” has been effectively lampooned by Jesse Ventura, who has observed that his camping stove, which is also made of steel, uses propane gas, which burns at a higher temperature than kerosene, yet his stove does not melt with he cooks with it. Indeed, these are the kinds of points that are made so well in A&E911’s new documentary, which demonstrates that the “official account” of the destruction of the Twin Towers and WTC-7 is wrong. It was recently broadcast by PBS in Colorado and now appears on the verge of going viral:
On the destruction of the Twin Towers
Among the consequences of the “thermite sniffers” arrogant attitude in denigrating every student of 9/11 who did not defer to its privileged dogma of explosive nanothermite, alas, is that it suffocated research on how the buildings were actually destroyed by invoking what turns out to have been a myth, while also implying that the dust had been subjected to a thorough study, when that was far from the case. Indeed, while “Explosive Evidence” does a great job explaining what did not happen and that the “official account” is false, The Vancouver Hearings featured multiple speakers who addressed the elements besides thermitic chips that appear in dust samples collected by the USGS and in water samples collected by the Department of Energy, which provide proof of how it was done, namely: that the destruction of the WTC has to have been a nuclear event, which we would not know but for studies of the dust, which revealed the presence of elements that should either have been absent or not present in the quantity found, including Barium and Strontium, Thorium and Uranium, Lithium, Lanthanum, Yttrium, Chromium and Tritium, which are overwhelming indications that the demolition of the Twin Towers was primarily a nuclear event. Five speakers address the destruction of those massive buildings, whose presentations may be summarized as follows:
* Charles Boldwyn, M.S. in chemistry, 2-years in a Ph.D. program in polymer science at University of Akron; 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne, Special Forces; more than 20 years as high-school math, chemistry and physics teacher; and has fifteen (15) interviews on “The Real Deal”, including “The Twin Towers did not Collapse”,
He has made the nice point that, because the steel was tapered from 6″ thick at the base of each tower down to 1/4″ at the top, the very idea that the top 14 floors of the North Tower could have collapsed (because of fire) and brought about a cascade of one floor upon another represented 1.4% of the mass of the steel, which could not possibly have overcome the resistance posed by the lower 98.6%. One of the most interesting aspects of Chuck’s work is that he has come to the conclusion that mini or micro nukes IN COMBINATION WITH thermite/thermate/nanothermite could account for all of the effects that were observed on 9/11, including the so-called “toasted cars”, as he explains in his presentations, including “Answering Judy Wood’s ‘Must Answer’ Questions”, found on the Scholars forum.
There are real possibilities for bridging some of the divisions within the movement insofar as, as long as A&E does not exaggerate the explosive properties of nanothermite, there may well have been more than one role that it played on 9/11, where the explanation provided by Richard Hall for the creation of the cut-outs on the sides of the towers appear to have been done using a method that may have involved nanothermite and, according to Kevin Barrett, in his “9/11 Truth takes New York”, Richard Gage has expressed a willingness to take a serious look at what did or did not happen at the Pentagon, especially because of the work of Barbara Honneger. On both scores, this would be a most welcome development, because we can undoubtedly accomplish more working together than when in conflict.
Before turning to the presentations of Jeff Prager and Don Fox, I would like to note that a theory about the use of nukes has been propounded by Dimitri Khalezov, which posits 150kt nukes in the subbasements of all three of the buildings, WTC-1, WTC-2, and WTC-7. I interviewed Dimitri on “The Real Deal”, which you can listen to here:
The catch, of course, is that the Twin Towers and WTC-7 were done in completely different ways, where all the floors are falling at the same time and there is a stack of debris equal to about 12% of the original, while all the floors remain stationary and the buildings are being blown apart in every direction from the top down with the Twin Towers. Those charges would have shattered the bathtub, which is a dike within which the towers were constructed in order to prevent Hudson River water from flooding beneath Lower Manhattan, some of the most valuable real estate in the world. That is the principal reason they had to contrive a novel method of demolition, where WTC-7 was a classic “controlled demolition”, while the towers were a demolition under control, but far from a “classic” one. Consider this video about the collapse of WTC-7, where, in a nutshell, it could be said that, while WTC-7 imploded, the Twin Towers exploded. They were very different, indeed. Consider “This is an orange”:
So if nukes were used, they were not deployed as Dimitri Khalzov has proposed but in some completely different fashion.
* Jeff Prager, founder of an award winning magazine for Senior Citizens, in 2002 he tried to prove 19 Muslims hijacked four planes and attacked us. By 2005, he realized this was false, sold his business, left the US and began to investigate 9/11 full-time. (See his 9/11 America Nuked.) In “Proof of Ternary Fission in New York City on 9/11″ he observes (1) that dust samples are the best evidence of what happened on 9/11; (2) that the USGS samples taken over a dozen locations show how various elements interacted prove that fission reaction(s) had taken place; (3) that Multiple Myeloma in the general population at a rate of 3-9 incidents per 100,000 people, but the rate was 18 per 100,000 among first responders; (4) that other cancers relatively unusual cancers have appeared among the responders, including non-Hodgkins lymphoma, leukemia, thyroid, pancreatic, brain, prostate, esophageal and blood and plasma cancers; and (5) that, as of March 2011 no less than 1,003 first responders died from various cancers. The elements that have been found in these dust samples provide an astoinshing array of proof of nukes:
Barium and Strontium: Neither of these elements should ever appear in building debris in these quantities. The levels never fall below 400ppm for Barium and they never drop below 700ppm for Strontium and reach over 3000ppm for both in the dust sample taken at Broadway and John Streets.
Thorium and Uranium: These elements only exist in radioactive form. Thorium is a radioactive element formed from Uranium by decay. It’s very rare and should not be present in building rubble, ever. So once again we have verifiable evidence that a nuclear fission event has taken place.
Lithium: With the presence of lithium we have compelling evidence that this fission pathway of Uranium to Thorium and Helium, with subsequent decay of the Helium into Lithium has taken place.
Lanthanum: Lanthanum is the next element in the disintegration pathway of the element Barium.
Yttrium: The next decay element after Strontium, which further confirms the presence of Barium.
Chromium: The presence of Chromium is one more “tell tale” signature of a nuclear detonation.
Tritium: A very rare element and should not be found at concentrations 55 times normal the basement of WTC-6 no less than 11 days after 9/11, which is another “tell tale” sign of nukes.
* Donald Fox has done extensive research on the role of mini-nukes elaborated upon by Dr. Ed Ward and on work by The Anonymous Physicist on the Twin Towers and has formulated an account of how it was done and why there is more to this story relative to very low-yield thermonuclear devices, which includes a specific theory about how it was done. Among the points he makes in his lecture, “Mini-nukes used at the WTC and the real ‘untold story’”:
― In a Deuterium and Tritium fusion reactor, a single gallon of seawater could produce as much energy as 300 gallons of gasoline.
―Deuterium (heavy water) is virtually unlimited, where only 1 part in 5000 of the Hydrogen in seawater is Deuterium.
―Tritium is rare and has no substantial natural source, since tritium is radioactive with a half-life of 12.3 years. Tritium needs to be obtained by breeding it from lithium, where the abundance of Lithium in Afghanistan, which was not reported by The New York Times until June 2010, may be the real reason for our invasion of Afghanistan.
―Two 500,000 ton 110 story skyscrapers pulverized in mid-air from the top down and destruction proceeds through path of greatest resistance at near freefall speed.
― Debris ejected upward and outward and one chunk of debris was ejected 603 feet from the North Tower into the Winter Garden, which required extremely powerful explosives.
―DOE reported having detected 55 times background levels of Tritium in the basement of WTC-6 even 11 days after 9/11.
―NIST found no evidence of explosives, although, as A&E has observed, it also admitted it did not look for them.
―AVRIS image data shows ground temperatures of 1,311 degrees F on 9/16, which indicates that something akin to “the China Syndrome” was taking place at Ground Zero.
While Judy Wood, Steve Jones and Morgan Reynolds all deny that nukes were used on 9/11, Judy’s definition of a directed energy weapon as “energy weapons that go well beyond the capabilities of conventional explosives and can be directed” could also apply to the mini-nuke theory. In particular, in Jeff and Don’s view, the Twin Towers were most likely destroyed by an arrangement of mini-nukes that appear to have been configured to explode from top to bottom to simulate a free fall collapse. If they were set to take out 10 floors at a time, for example, and exploded at the rate of one 10-floor segment at a time, then the destruction of those 110-floor buildings would take around 11 seconds apiece, which is a close approximation of THE 9/11 COMMISSION REPORT (2004), which asserts that the South Tower was destroyed in 9 seconds and the North in 11, for an average of 10 seconds. Here is a model of how it may have been done that appears to be an appropriate representation of this theory of how this was done:
Remarkably enough, this diagram did not come from Don Fox and Jeff Prager’s work but instead from “The 9/11 Operation: A Summary”, which was compiled by A. True Ott, Ph.D., between October 2001 and the end of 2004. As he explains, his dissertation and research followed the groundbreaking work of Linus Pauling and asserted via independent research that each mineral on the periodic table of the elements, in its pure hexagonal crystalline form, pulses a specific hertz resonant frequency based on its atomic weight and unique electron configuration. We met via his current radio program, “The Story Behind the Story”, during which he interviewed me for three two-hour segments about 9/11 over the past three days. He previously co-produced a show by the same name at KSUB Radio in Cedar City, UT, which won a Peabody Award. The most important information he presents about the nuclear demolition of the Twin Towers came to him from a Finnish military expert, who asked to remain anonymous, and was confirmed by a source at the Pentagon. The convergence of their independent research is quite remarkable.
* Clare Kuehn, a University of Toronto graduate in history and student of philosophy, mathematics and the arts, discussed the research of Judy Wood, Ph.D., WHERE DID THE TOWERS GO?, presenting evidence for the use of “DEWs” as “Directional Free or ‘Low-Input’ Energy Weapons”. She reviewed Judy’s arguments based on temporal considerations that no “pancake collapse” could have taken place, which would have required some 96.7 seconds, an argument I had published in her chapter of THE 9/11 CONSPIRACY (2007). According to Clare, Wood has a theory, not in the sense of a rumor, speculation, or guess, but in the positive, explanatory sense, namely: that field effects create odd properties for EM devices and that these were used on 9/11 in NYC, though exactly how the posited weaponry (weaponry she would take to be implied by the evidence) works in detail, she does not know or say. Wood denies having a theory, but if she has no theory, then she has not explanation; and some of her advocates call her book “a textbook” in a misguided attempt to suggest the evidence she presents is so clear that all we have to do is to follow it as a logical argument, where they appear to be unable to appreciate that any explanatory argument qualifies as “a theory”. She reports that Wood does not attempt to grapple with the fissionless fusion claims of Prager in detail in any of her videos.
The points that Wood tends to accent include (1) the burn victims and whether this was due to nukes or to EM effects; (2) the damage to bathtub, which was modest and certainly not what would have been expected had those huge buildings not been converted mostly into dust; (3) the “toasted cars”, which she believes can only be explained on the basis of EM effects; (4) the “flipping” of cars and people being lifted, which she believes can be explained on the basis of “weird-sounding” levitation effects; and (5) the presence of Hurricane Erin, which she suspects played a key role on 9/11, either as a source of energy or in drawing the dust away from the city and out to sea. She believes that certain features of the damage to the WTC, such as the circular holes in WTC-5 and the scooped out center of WTC-6, require the use of some kind of weapon that properly qualifies as “directed energy”. The presence of so much unburned paper has also drawn her attention, not to mention those who jumped from the towers that day, many of whom appear to have been attempting to flee from some kind of very intense experience that, she thinks, had to have been MORE THREATENING than leaping eighty or more floors to their death, which is stunning by itself and very disturbing.
Clare presented additional support for Hutchison in the form of a paper which purports to be about a test on Hutchison’s samples. It claims to have found accelerated atomic decay (“mutation of elements”). But I have to point out that Chuck Boldwyn has offered explanations for the kinds of effects that Clare emphasized, with the possible exception of whatever terrified the jumpers from the towers. He has elaborated his responses to these rather odd and intriguing phenomena, including during his exchange with Morgan Reynolds on “The Real Deal”, which can be heard
I did my best to give full credit to her book in my review, which appeared on amazon.com and has drawn more than 1,000 comments―not about the book, mind you, but about my review! Here is what I published about her book:
5.0 out of 5 stars Masterful argument by elimination, May 20, 2012
By James H. Fetzer
This review is from: Where Did the Towers Go? Evidence of Directed Free-energy Technology on 9/11 (Hardcover)
Rather than advance a theory of her own, Judy Wood, Ph.D., has brought together an enormous quantity of high quality evidence that appropriately functions as the foundation for evaluating alternative explanations. What she has done in this masterpiece has classically been referred to as a “prolegomenon”, or as a prelude to further research. The word “indirect” belongs in her subtitle, since “Indirect Evidence of Directed Free-Energy Technology on 9/11″ is exactly right.
She demonstrates that the Twin Towers cannot possibly have collapsed and that some massive source of energy was required to blow them apart and convert them into millions of cubic yards of very fine dust. That cannot have been done by thermite / thermate / nanothermite either. And she offers reasons for doubting that it was done by using mini or micro-nukes, although there is room for dispute as to whether or not she has actually shown that they cannot have been used.
What we have here is a monumental exhibition of the full range of evidence that an adequate theory of the destruction of the Twin Towers must explain. While theories may come and go–and the correct theory may not yet have crossed our minds–they are all going to be measured on the basis of the stupendous accumulation of photos, graphs, diagrams and studies that she has assembled. This is an exceptional work that moves us far forward in the study of 9/11.
–James H. Fetzer, Ph.D., Founder, Scholars for 9/11 Truth
* Dwain Deets, former Chief of Research Engineering and Director for Aeronautical Projects at NASA Dryden Flight Research Center, Dwain evaluated alternative explanations of the WTC-7 in “Approaching the Puzzling Destruction of WTC 7” and of the Twin Towers in his presentation, “Assessing Alternative Theories about the Twin Towers”. As Dwain observes, these destructions are unusually difficult to analyze because so much of the evidence has either been destroyed or is being withheld from the public. The assessment approach includes a judgement of the quality of evidence as well as the consistency between the evidence and particular theories. For this evaluation, Dwain selected nine factors representing a sampling from an even larger list of perplexing questions associated with the Twin-Tower Destructions. On one end of this broad spectrum of issues are several that appear to convey the idea the towers were destroyed in a “surgical” manner. If this were in fact the case, the planners could well have had in depth knowledge of the structural details and been skilled in the art of building demolition. On the other end of the spectrum is indirect evidence that for some parts of their demolition, something much less “surgical” may have been employed, rather more like the placement of small tactical nuclear devices.
Rodin’s Reflections about the Twin Towers
In as much as there are at present, apart from the official explanation, essentially four theories how the collapse of the Twin Towers could have come about Mr. Dwain Deets tried to approach the problem scientifically by examining each one in relation to the major known observations from ground zero. Mr. Deets has an interesting scientific background with an MS degree in physics as well as one in engineering. He worked for many years in a research capacity at NASA and in 1996 was appointed Director, Aerospace Projects Office at the NASA Dryden Flight Research Center, Edwards, CA. His NASA career is documented [here]. In the 1970s he published work on prototypes of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), which then evolved, via Global Hawk, to the current Predator. As such, he is a person who deserves to be listened to. Being a scientist he was not concerned with value judgments as to which collapse theories are legitimate and which ones off the pale this is why he included: ROOSD, nanothermite, DEW and mini-nukes.
Like most everybody else I had not heard of the ROOSD model (Runaway Open Office Spaces Destruction) before but Deets explained that the fundamental idea is:
“If the OOS [open office space] portion of the originating floor is ‘separated’ from the columns, it will drop unimpeded to the floor below. This separation could be [achieved] by carefully placed cutter charges, or by a more dramatic displacement of the upper block of floors laterally, such that one side of the upper facade drops free of the row of columns below. This could ‘strip away’ the first several floors below serving the same effect of ‘separating’ the floors from their supporting columns. The floor below, not designed to arrest this fall, will join in a runaway cascade of OOS floors to the bottom, known technically as a progressive floor collapse.”
Mind you, Mr. Deets did not invent any of these four theories he merely evaluated them within certain parameters which included: Crush rates; Debris patterns; Nano-thermite; Temperatures (immediate); Persistent heat; Vehicle anomalies; Tritium; Basement blasts; Radionuclides. He then created a rating scale and scoring system as to which one of the four theories would correspond best to observed data. Based on this limited material mini-nukes achieved the highest probability of having been involved in the destruction of the towers. Deets emphasized that this should not be taken as the final word but merely as an example for how the scientific method can be used to assess explanatory probabilities for a given event.
I have to add that the ROOSD theory, which Jeffrey Orling has advocated, appears to me to be even more preposterous than the “official account”. As Ernst Rodin has observed, it maintains that the floor trusses collapsed, one upon another, in a veritable cascade of floors. The model that comes to mind is that of a 45 rpm record player, in which the records drop, one upon another, until there are no more left. The difficulties appear to be so obvious that I find it difficult to believe that anyone could take it seriously. First, the core columns, like the spindle on the 45 record player, would remain standing. Second, there would have been a stack of trusses, just as there would have been a stack of records, only in this case about 110 trusses high. Third, it would not have brought down the steel support columns, either, which means that it would have left a cage-like structure standing in place. This theory is so discrepant with the gross observable evidence that I am stunned that anyone should take it seriously. It should properly be added to the trash bin of has-been theories about 9/11.
NOTE: The Vancouver Hearings conclusions about who was responsible for 9/11 and why will be presented in Part III.
Jim Fetzer, a former Marine Corps officer, earned his Ph.D. in the history and the philosophy of science. The founder of Scholars for 9/11 Truth, he spent 35 years offering courses in logic, critical thinking, and scientific reasoning.
McKnight Professor Emeritus at the University of Minnesota Duluth, he has also conducted extensive research into the assassination of JFK, the events of 9/11, and the plane crash that killed Sen. Paul Wellstone.
The founder of Scholars for 9/11 Truth, his latest books include The Evolution of Intelligence (2005), The 9/11 Conspiracy (2007), Render Unto Darwin (2007), and The Place of Probability in Science (2010).
Latest posts by Jim Fetzer (see all)
- Voter Fraud vs. Election Theft: The Wisconsin Scott Walker re-election - December 20, 2014
- The Sandy Hook Hoax: How we know it didn’t happen - December 14, 2014
- Sandy Hook: The Bomb That Didn’t Smoke / Lounging at the Massacre - December 8, 2014
Posted by Jim Fetzer on 7:45 pm, With 0 Reads, Filed under Civil Liberties and Freedom, Corruption, Foreign Policy, Government, Legislation. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.