I’m not an Israeli journalist. I’m an American journalist.

AIPAC is trying to blackmail Chuck Hagel with this photograph, which shows him standing in front of the wrong flag

My latest Press TV op-ed begins:

Chuck Hagel, President Obama’s Secretary of Defense nominee, is in trouble. Why? Because he famously said: “The Jewish lobby intimidates a lot of people up here… I’m not an Israeli senator. I’m a United States senator.”

On Friday, forty allegedly American Senators blocked Hagel’s nomination with a filibuster. Their message was loud and clear: “We are not United States Senators. We are Israeli Senators.”

Hagel’s Lynching by the ADL and “friends”

Alan Hart, former lead BBC Mideast correspondent, expressed his disgust at the Israeli Senators’ vote on my radio show, Truth Jihad Radio, this Friday: “This is treason. Serving a foreign nation, rather than one’s own, is not just wrong – it is treasonous.”

(Read the whole op-ed)

Ironically, my article could not be published by any American mainstream media outlet – so I had to send it to Iran-based Press TV. Iran, according to conservative Catholic scholar Dr. Michael Jones, is now “the capital of the free world”; while the US, now a fascist rather than a free nation, recently removed Press TV from its satellite platform, depriving the American public of access to information about who really controls their country.

But still the word is getting out. The Homeland Security officers who briefly questioned me upon my return from Iran on Thursday nodded in agreement when I explained how Israel controls the USA. They sincerely and enthusiastically wished me luck in my effort to awaken Americans to the truth about 9/11.

To Abe Foxman’s chagrin, even the Jewish comedy writers at Saturday Night Live are embarrassed by the Israel lobby’s ham-handed stranglehold on America. Their recent Hagel hearings sketch provides the last word on the moral character of those forty “patriotic Christian Republican senators” who blocked Hagel’s nomination on behalf of Israel.

Kevin Barrett

Dr. Kevin Barrett, a Ph.D. Arabist-Islamologist, is one of America’s best-known critics of the War on Terror.

Dr. Barrett has appeared many times on Fox, CNN, PBS and other broadcast outlets, and has inspired feature stories and op-eds in the New York Times, the Christian Science Monitor, the Chicago Tribune, and other leading publications.

Dr. Barrett has taught at colleges and universities in San Francisco, Paris, and Wisconsin, where he ran for Congress in 2008. He currently works as a nonprofit organizer, author, and talk radio host.

The views expressed herein are the views of the author exclusively and not necessarily the views of VT or any other VT authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors or partners and technicians. Notices

Posted by on 6:05 am, With 0 Reads, Filed under Government, Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

16 Responses to "I’m not an Israeli journalist. I’m an American journalist."

1. johnsholtes  February 21, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Hagel made that statement way back in 1998. He has learned his lesson and repented for that. He is back on board and is part of the John Wetstart McCain team now. The Republicans can count on him to continue the service to Israel now. He is a pathetic weakling “WarHero” just like all who are Vetrans of Israel’s war on Gentiles are. When push comes to shove they would kill their own men for Israel and as in the case of Juba the prize sniper let him go. The Navy is proud of their abandonment of the Liberty and would do anything for Israel. If Obama didn’t llift the ban on gays the military would have had to dismiss everyone.

2. Brian  February 16, 2013 at 11:09 am

To Julie, I did look into the background of Senator Cruz and his biggest campaign contributor; is Cruz susceptible to Israeli blackmail? Perhaps somebody should ask Ted Cruz and look carefully at his reaction. Malia Litman has made some interesting comments.

3. Brian  February 16, 2013 at 10:39 am

Excerpts from a hilarious letter form Abe Foxman:

We are deeply concerned at the Saturday Night Live skit parodying the confirmation hearings for Senator Chuck Hagel, which, while not included in the February 9 broadcast, has appeared on Hulu.com and gone viral on the Internet.

We do have a sense of humor and understand this is classic satire of the SNL variety, where you are poking fun at something that is out there in society and taking it to an extreme.

On the one hand, in taking this public controversy and skewering it to a degree that is absurd, this is a form of legitimate satire that serves to erode the hard edge of those who falsely claim that America is a tool of the Israelis. On the other hand, there inevitably will be those who say, “Yeah, it’s funny, but there is some truth to all of this.” And for a smaller minority among those individuals, elements of the skit could play into the worst kind of ideas, even reinforcing pernicious notions of Jewish control of government in the vein of those routinely espoused by anti-Semitic conspiracy theorists and anti-Semites by suggesting that U.S. officials would even engage in public sex acts if asked to do so by Israel.

While I’m glad this skit did not make the final cut on SNL, we wish that someone had exercised better judgment by keeping this piece from going up on the Internet, where it is now taking on a life of its own.

Sincerely,

Abraham H. Foxman
    National Director

Brian: U.S. politicians would engage in public sex acts if pushed to do so by the Israeli lobby.

• DaveE  February 16, 2013 at 10:45 am

Nice work as usual, Brian. Humor takes many forms, as Foxman suggests. My favorite form of humor is watching the bastards squirm. Thanks for the chuckle.

4. Johng  February 16, 2013 at 9:34 am

Treason is now non-existant in Judeo-America. We no longer defend the flag or our constution. Patriotism has been replaced by multiculturism and the world economy.

5. Brian  February 16, 2013 at 9:22 am

I think Kevin is #1 at Veterans Today for attention grabbing titles. This one made me smile. I’m surprised Kevin brought up 911 truth to Homeland Security officers; I’m also surprised he didn’t get the Christopher Bollyn treatment; he didn’t mention a cast on his arm.

Homeland Security is supposed to protect us against terrorists but I won’t even send them an email to let them know Israel did 911 due to concern for my freedom. This is the United States of Israel.

I wish Hagel took inspiration for Senator Hollings instead of humiliating himself at the conformation hearings.

From Senator Hollings excerpt from an article:

“With Iraq no threat, why invade a sovereign country?,” he wrote. “The answer: President Bush’s policy to secure Israel. Led by [Paul] Wolfowitz, Richard Perle and Charles Krauthammer, for years there had been a domino school of thought that the way to guarantee Israel’s security is to spread democracy in the area.”

But he didn’t back down. Instead, he rose in the Senate on May 20 to defend and explain his essay.

“I don’t apologize for this column,” he said. “I want them to apologize to me for talking about anti-Semitism.” President Bush went to war in Iraq “to secure our friend, Israel” and “everybody knows it,” Hollings declared.

Referring to the cowardly reluctance of his Congressional colleagues openly to acknowledge this reality, he said that “nobody is willing to stand up and say what is going on.” With few exceptions, members of Congress uncritically support Israel and its policies due to “the pressures that we get politically,” he said. The pro-Israel lobby knows “how to make you tuck tail and run.”

“That is not a conspiracy. That is the policy. I didn’t like to keep it a secret, maybe; but I can tell you now, I will challenge any one of the other 99 Senators to tell us why we are in Iraq, other than what this policy is here. It is an adopted policy, a domino theory of The [Zionist] Project For The New American Century. Everybody knows it [is] because we want to secure our friend, Israel…

Hollings cited the role of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the most important pro-Israel lobby group in Washington, in determining US policy in the Middle East. “You can’t have an Israel policy other than what AIPAC gives you around here. I have followed them mostly in the main, but I have also resisted signing certain letters from time to time, to give the poor President a chance.

“I can tell you no President takes office — I don’t care whether it is a Republican or a Democrat — that all of a sudden AIPAC will tell him exactly what the policy is, and Senators and members of Congress ought to sign letters. I read those carefully and I have joined in most of them. On some I have held back. I have my own idea and my own policy…”

Brian: Hollings made these remarks during his final term as a senator which perhaps explains his bold comments, but I still have to give him some credit. Too bad Hollings didn’t mention Israeli blackmail.

Israel isn’t concerned about its security, racist supremacists in the Israeli government want death and destruction spread all over the Middle East, except for in Israel, in order to destroy Muslim unity which makes it much easier to establish control over the region via its puppet the United States government.

6. Johng  February 16, 2013 at 9:02 am

Chuck Hagel did the unthinkable crime of identifying the “elephant in the room”. When are they going to start calling him “a Hitler”, what are they waiting for!

7. Johng  February 16, 2013 at 8:49 am

Dave E, this has nothing to do with religion. This is about power, influence, and applying in the form of “political pressure.

• DaveE  February 16, 2013 at 10:24 am

Au contraire, this has EVERYTHING to do with religion, the Torah specifically. The Jews wouldn’t be obsessed with power and political pressure if they hadn’t been “commanded” by their genocidal G_d to smite all their enemies and set themselves up as leaders of all the nations and all peoples with Palestine as their global base.

This s^%t is straight out of the Old Testament.

• kristtheking  February 17, 2013 at 2:10 am

wha… old Testament…? You mean TALMUD,right? You do know that no Jews read nor know one whit of the Old Testament, correct? You seem a bit naive to what the Jewish religion is all about.

8. DaveE  February 16, 2013 at 8:37 am

Seems to me the US is kinda stuck in judeochristian quicksand. On one hand, people are (once again) awakening to the truth about Judaism and the Old Testament and realizing just how ugly and sick it really is. That’s the good news.

The bad news is that Judaism’s demise is taking about 60 percent of Christianity with it. American Christians just aren’t willing to accept or admit they’ve been had, yet. That might take a while and I’m not so sure we have “a while” to lose.

• Charlotte NC Bill  February 16, 2013 at 4:50 pm

How true…Mona Charen, the Israeli journalist (smirk), sd on friday on NPR to the host and EJ Dionne the following crap: ” When Bush nominated Harriett Myers a number of Republicans came out against her, who are the democrats coming out against Hagel?” What a smarmy bitch…as if there’s a legitimate reason to come out against Hagel! Haven’t we had enough of these people!? Now if you don’t yearn to see the streets of Tehran soaked in blood you’re an anti-semite! Seize the Fed and the Bank of England! Seize their media assets…Seize their magical money machines and their propaganda outlets…Then put traitors like Graham and McCain in orange jumpsuits…or in the stocks-in Fallujah!

• DaveE  February 16, 2013 at 9:57 pm

“Smarmy ” is an understatement… but I get your drift and fully agree. As for the word “bitch”, I wouldn’t dare demean my two female dogs, absolutely beautiful creatures, much better than Mona Charen could ever hope to be, with such a comparison. But again, I agree totally with your sentiment.

And I LOVE the stocks idea, too. Let nature take it’s course. Isn’t that what God intended?

• kristtheking  February 17, 2013 at 2:20 am

again, there you go with the misconception that the Jewish faith (i have a hard time calling it that.. ) uses the Old Testament. I know I corrected you earlier, let me do it again, just to make absolutely sure you, and the unlikely event others are unaware of the fact that Jews have nothing- NOTHING! to do with the Old Testament! They are Talmudists. Talmud! Write it down, ok? so you don’t forget. I also have a hard time with that “60 percent of Christians” you spouted off as being judeo-“christian” (contradiction of terms, guys- you are either judeo, or christian- can’t be both! they are diametrically opposed) as I believe the number is a lot less than that percentage you may have pulled out of the air. On the OTHER hand, the fact is that there are some indeed who are unwilling to admit they chose to believe a lie. Been had? Nope- they CHOSE to buy into the lies, because had they read their Bible as instructed, they would not have fallen for those lies.

Zionism & judaism is all about denying Christ as the Messiah. By definition, that is AntiChrist. (1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.) give that to the Calvary Baptists or followers of that satanic monster John Hagee/homosexual mr smiley Joel Osteen & Southern Baptist Convention. Just remember that TV christianity is NOT real Christianity, it’s pretend. What you see on “christian broadcasting” is not real. All those networks are jewish owned. Please do not use information gleaned from television.

• markachristian  February 18, 2013 at 11:48 am

DaveE,
      I understand why you could think, if exists, the Old/New testament God is ugly n’all, but this, from the Old – spoken in the New ….by God ..Yeah. Oh yes.
      THIS is Good News. Mark.

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
      because he has anointed me
      to proclaim good news to the poor.
      He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
      and recovery of sight for the blind,
      to set the oppressed free,
      to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

TOP 50 READ ARTICLES THIS WEEK