Dr. Kevin Barrett, a Ph.D. Arabist-Islamologist, is one of America’s best-known critics of the War on Terror.

He is Host of TRUTH JIHAD RADIO; a hard driving weekly LIVE call in radio show. He also has appeared many times on Fox, CNN, PBS and other broadcast outlets, and has inspired feature stories and op-eds in the New York Times, the Christian Science Monitor, the Chicago Tribune, and other leading publications.

Dr. Barrett has taught at colleges and universities in San Francisco, Paris, and Wisconsin, where he ran for Congress in 2008. He currently works as a nonprofit organizer, author, and talk radio host.

View Latest Posts >>>

Five Good Reasons Not to Nuke Washington, DC

Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Kim Jong-un’s Nuclear Threats

By Kevin Barrett – TruthJihad.com

When I heard that North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un was threatening to nuke Washington, DC, and “engulf the nation’s capital in a sea of flames,” my first thought was: “At last, a politician with a plan that could actually solve our nation’s most pressing problems.”

YouTube - Veterans Today -

The thought of Inside-the-Beltway Washington going up in flames brought joy to my heart. The politicians – incinerated! The lobbyists – carbonized! The Supreme Court – cremated! The Pentagon – a five-sided crème brûlée! AIPAC – reduced to cinders that would fit in a Volkswagen’s ashtray!

No more nightmares about an aerial army of drones swooping down on us like the wicked witch’s winged monkeys. No more concerns that my friends, neighbors, or family might end up on the “kill list” of Obama’s death panels. No more visions of Washington’s political monkeys rounding us up and sending us to Haliburton detention camps. No more uneasiness about DHS’s order for billions of hollow-point bullets. No more false flag attacks, and no more pompous political posers lying us into idiotic wars.

After all, they’ve burned the Constitution. So there is no longer any reason not to burn Washington, DC.

At this point, it’s either them or us.

If Washington were gone, erased from the face of the earth, the planet would be infinitely better for it. There would be nobody left to trash our economy and steal our money and use it to bully folks on the far side of the world who would rather be minding their own damn business…folks like Kim Jong-un, who apparently is fed up, and rightfully so, with Washington thinking it’s in charge of every distant corner of the earth.

To hell with Washington, DC. The sooner they nuke it, the better, as far as I’m concerned.

But I’m a thoughtful, reasonable guy. I try to look at both sides of every issue. So I thought to myself, “Wait a minute…suppose there’s something I’m missing.” I sat down with a pencil and paper and decided to make a list of all the reasons NOT to nuke Washington, DC.

Fourteen hours later, I had come up with five good reasons.

So I decided to write an open letter to Kim Jong-un, just in case he hadn’t yet considered all the pros and cons.

The Honorable Kim Jong-un
Supreme Leader, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Pyongyang, North Korea

Dear Supreme Leader Jong-un (may I call you Kim?)

Dennis Rodman says you’re a stand-up guy, which makes you all right in my book. So I thought I’d check in with you about your promise to nuke Washington, DC and turn it into a “sea of flames.”

I understand that threatening to nuke Washington, DC is a good political move in North Korea. Have you considered that it might also be a good political move here in America?

Since you’re obviously an ambitious guy – not every leader of an economic-basket-case country of 25 million people runs around threatening to nuke DC – I think you ought to consider ditching your current job and running for President of the USA on a “Nuke Washington” platform.

The polls show that the American people HATE Washington, DC. Congress’s “favorable” rating has been running at the edge of the single digits for years. The rest of DC isn’t doing much better.

If you came here and promised to nuke Washington, you wouldn’t just be elected in a landslide. You’d be anointed Supreme Leader here too, by popular acclaim.

There are, however, compelling reasons not to nuke Washington, DC. After spending all day and most of the night trying to think of some, I came up with the following list:

1) There are quite a few dogs, cats, rats, cockroaches, trees, shrubs, and other innocent animals and plants that live there.

2) If Washington were scrubbed from the face of the earth, Americans would no longer have a focus for their hatred, and the nation would become disunited and fractious.

3) Ditto for the world.

4) If you give the orders to “nuke Washington,” your missile might accidentally be delivered to Washington state, which has really beautiful mountains and rivers and stuff.

5) If Washington DC gets nuked, and all its freemasonic symbols are obliterated, the damn freemasons will just move their world capital to Jerusalem, bulldoze the al-Aqsa mosque, put up a temple for sacrificing red heifers, and rebuild DuPont Circle, the Washington’s Dick Monument, Congress, the White House, AIPAC, the whole nine yards…so the whole thing will turn out to have been pointless.

Then again, what difference does it make if they move America’s capital to Israel – the whole place has been owned by the Israelis for years anyway.

So, on balance, I would urge you to refrain from nuking Washington DC until you have considered all your options – including a possible run for Supreme Leader of the USA.

Sincerely, Dr. Kevin Barrett

-deep in the woods of western Wisconsin, just about as far away from Washington, DC as I can get without falling into the Mississippi River

Posted by on April 6, 2013, With 4155 Reads Filed under Foreign Policy, Government & Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

13 Responses to "Five Good Reasons Not to Nuke Washington, DC"

1. caribbeancritic  April 7, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Dear Kim OOP’s my first comment was a little harsh! perhaps a better solution to the worlds problem would be to stuff your largest Nuke into the yellow stone’s old faithful set for deep subterranean detonation this could maybe trigger the super volcanoes eruption the end result would be the end of America without all that radio active contamination! Hey but who cares as long as the USA is destroyed!

2. caribbeancritic  April 7, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Dear Supreme Leader. May I suggest that nuking Washington DC would be a grave waste of your nuclear weapons! The best placement for your largest devices would be the San Diego nuclear power plant reactor building . It should be ground burst to lift all that lovely Uranium Plutonium and the thousands of other radio active elements high into the California sky’s, within days America would be a radio active waste land! Better still if you have a second device deposit it into the second reactor complex further up the California coastline such activity and outcome would be most pleasing to the rest of the nearly 7 and a half billion earthly inhabitants.

3. mpennery  April 7, 2013 at 6:53 am

Dr. Barrett, this is absolutely fantastic but you do realize that your delightful fairytale has just taken you from the “Average Terrorist” list to the “Supreme Terrorist” list? How dare you laugh at the thought of psychopathic, world-destroying criminals being incinerated!

On another note, Kim is obviously just acting out according to his hollywood new world orders. How can you tell? Like all the bad guys in the movies who can’t aim and can’t shoot, he’s monologuing instead of just pulling the trigger.

Matt

• williammartin  April 7, 2013 at 10:28 am

Would it not be better or more effective to wipe out a Meeting of the Bilderberg group? Then it would seem that the entire WORLDS problems would be over in a “Flash”. As all “High Profile” cockroaches meet at that sewage cesspool and rule the world with their planned destruction of country after country.

Though I hate violence in any form, just the thought of AIRPAC being destroyed was enough to make me smile. 🙂

Almost like reading how the NYPD opened a branch in Israel and the ADL when speaking of US Law Enforcement training that their goal is to combat “Hate” so I thought… Then why also don’t the ADL open a branch in Israel to help with the hatred of the Palestinians who are 100% Civilian’s as they have neither a Army, Navy, Marines or Air-Force yet are being bombed with US Weapon’s.

4. Shangrila01  April 6, 2013 at 4:24 pm

good article man needed a laugh,I was talking to an American yesterday about radiation from fukusall in japan,her reply to my it will gradually sterilize the planet if not contained was “ive got my tubes tied so it cant hurt me” needless to say i no longer talk to this American anymore…

5. Charlotte NC Bill  April 6, 2013 at 11:57 am

If anything big ever happened to DC supposedly they have plans to move the capitol someplace nicer and more secure…Reportedly that place is Denver which I’m sure most have heard…When I lived in Texas whenever I said ” our capitol” I was referring to Austin or Atlanta–last capitol of the CSA..

6. DaveE  April 6, 2013 at 11:41 am

I think Kim Jong Un is the latest “reality TV” character out of Jewish Hollywood. A sort-of 21st century Elmer Fudd that will FINALLY give the Chosenites their long-planned global war to eliminate that Wass’ka’we Wabbit, us lowly Goyim.

Now that they retired the Osama Bin Laden character several times, the need a replacement for the New TV Season.

7. Not Clueless  April 6, 2013 at 11:39 am

Darn! Forgot to deactivate the links again!

Perhaps the Universe will do the job with the blame laid on North Korea? Interesting that this article disappeared seconds after I finished reading it:

_http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/04/06/us-asteroid-warning-suppressed-april-13/

It was still listed under the Latest section on this page as I had opened it before it subsequently disappeared:

1. US Asteroid Warning Suppressed, April 14
    2. All Nuclear Reactors Leak All of the Time
    3. Five good reasons not to nuke Washington, DC
    4. The President of ECIPS, Baron Baretzky Says North Korea is potential Yellowstone Volcano, just waiting to erupt.
    5. Why gun control is bad for America
    6. Barak Reborn: Businesses and Corruption in Israel
    7. Steel Balls – Live or Die on a SuperBike

Curious. Of course the Werhner von Braun progression comes to mind: communism, terrorism, asteroids, aliens. And tidbits from another source:

“Drop dead April” [no associated year]
    “5D city on the hill”
    “Those who wish to participate in the future should “be prepared” like the wise virgins.”

As to the last, a possible good resource:
    _http://esotericquotes-eq.asg.netdna-cdn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/books/nicoll/The_New_Man_-_Nicoll.pdf

D.C. is just one corner of the pyramid of power – City of London – the Vatican.
    Really not at all smart to ignore Universe manifested messages – debunk/ridicule them, England.
    Opposites really do attract – “Israel’s Jewish population passes 6 million mark”. Read into that what you will.

Am I a bad person for finding your article extremely funny – and appreciated?

8. Not Clueless  April 6, 2013 at 11:37 am

1. US Asteroid Warning Suppressed, April 14
    2. All Nuclear Reactors Leak All of the Time
    3. Five good reasons not to nuke Washington, DC
    5. Why gun control is bad for America
    6. Barak Reborn: Businesses and Corruption in Israel
    7. Steel Balls – Live or Die on a SuperBike

“Drop dead April” [no associated year]
    “5D city on the hill”

As to the last, a possible good resource:

D.C. is just one corner of the pyramid of power – City of London – the Vatican.

Am I a bad person for finding your article extremely funny – and appreciated?

• Martin Maloney  April 6, 2013 at 8:40 pm

@ Not Clueless

The source of the missing story of the supposedly-suppressed asteroid warning appears to be yet another of the World News Tomorrow flights of fantasy that have been showing up recently here on VT.

Upon realizing what total BS that it was, someone had sense enough to pull it.

9. Brian  April 6, 2013 at 10:30 am

Thanks for the chuckle, this is one of those articles which may inspire Matt Taibbi to give you another award. I think I still have his email address.

Have some fun read the article titled The Most Obnoxious Thing on the Internet This Month by Matt Taibbi

The article is at Rolling Stone.

• Brian  April 6, 2013 at 10:34 am

Based on what I know Taibbi knows who really did 911 but he may not admit it.

10. Grampah  April 6, 2013 at 7:08 am

PS.
    Kim, keeping to the Art of Deception rule, announce you’ve changed your mind to obliterate St. Louis and Monsanto. Then hit D.C. before the rats get to their underground bases.