Jim W. Dean is managing editor of Veterans Today wearing many hats from day to day operations, development, writing and editing articles.

He has an active schedule of TV and radio interviews

He is co-host of the popular VT Radio show Jim and Gordie Show.

Jim comes from an old military family dating back to the American Revolution. Dozens of Confederate ancestors fought for the South in the War Between the States. Uncles fought in WWII and Korea. His father was a WWII P-40 and later P-51 Mustang fighter pilot. Vietnam found several uncles serving, a cousin, and brother Wendell as a young Ranger officer. His mother was a WWII widow at 16, her first husband killed with all 580 aboard when the SS Paul Hamilton, an ammunition ship with 7000 tons of explosives aboard, was torpedoed off the coast of Algiers.

He has been writing, speaking and doing public relations, television, consulting and now multimedia work for a variety of American heritage, historical, military, veterans and Intel platforms. Jim's only film appearance was in the PBS Looking for Lincoln documentary with Prof. Henry Lewis Gates, and he has guest lectured at the Army Command and General Staff School at Fort Gordon.

Currently he is working to take his extensive historical video archives on line to assist his affiliated organizations with their website multimedia efforts, such as the Military Order of World Wars, Atlanta, Sons of the American Revolution, Sons of Confederate Veterans , Assoc. for Intelligence Officers, the Navy League, Georgia Heritage Council, National Memorial Assoc.of Georgia.

View Latest Posts >>>

Syrian opposition’s call on US, act of desperation

hi-syria-inshallah-cropped

Syrian opposition’s call on US, act of desperation: Analyst

…by  Jim W. Dean, VT Editor,     … with  Press TV,  Tehran

” You just can’t make this stuff up!

Press TV has conducted an interview with Jim W. Dean, the managing editor of Veterans Today from Atlanta, about the head of the so-called Syrian National Coalition, Ahmad Jarba urging Washington to respond to what it describes as “genocide” by Syrian forces in the northern city of Aleppo.

[ Note: You can watch the 4 minute video interview on PressTV here.]

This is not an active link. Please click video link about.

This is not an active link. Please click video link about.

What follows is an approximate transcription of the interview.

________________________________

Ahmad Jarba - Syrian National Council war criminal

Ahmad Jarba – Syrian National Council war criminal

Press TV: What do you make of this call by Ahmad Jarba first of all?

Dean: Well if the situation weren’t so sad it would be kind of funny. I mean the Syrian National Council … have been up in Aleppo and the carnage that they have inflicted on the Syrian people up there with hostage taking, forced marriages, rapes, robbing, they have been killing each other and for him to send a letter now complaining that the Syrian army is committing genocide by trying to stop this, I think [this] man is losing his senses.

And really these people need to be …., I do not know why the UN or somebody has not charged them with war crimes, they do not have diplomatic immunity, they should have been arrested and had been in prison instead of staying at five-star hotels.

Press TV: Well does this call in your opinion come from a sense of desperation on the part of this so-called Syria National Coalition because we are seeing the Syrian army making gains from region after region in Syria?

Dean: Well sure. They certainly have and then the rebels have been supported by Turkey up in that region and then they are also getting supported by America’s allies, Saudi Arabia and Qatar coming in through the Iraqi border.

So it is an act of desperation but I do not see the US, I mean what do you think the US is going to do, start putting airstrikes on Damascus at this point? And they could have avoided the whole thing if they had agreed to negotiations where they would have an election; they could have calmed this thing down.

Assad has lasted because the terrorist strategy of the West backfired.

Assad has lasted because the terrorist strategy of the West backfired.

They had the option to do it but they said no, we want Assad out; we are going to basically enter negotiations where we want Assad to surrender. We are now the countries behind him because he stood up to the world powers and held them off at this point.

So he has earned the right to run for re-election and the Syrian people are not going to bow down at this point with a hundred and fifty thousand deads and probably half a million – six, seven hundred thousand wounded.

Press TV: And before I let you go Mr. Dean, you raised a point of what is the US going to do, not just the US but what are the backers of these insurgents going to do as the tide of public opinion is so against what is happening in Syria at the hands of these foreign-backed al-Qaeda linked insurgents?

Do you think these governments are going to continue funding and supporting these terrorists?

Dean: I think they will and I think if they are pushed out of Syria they are going to go somewhere else and until the international community, the UN has done nothing, the ICC has done nothing, this whole concept of diplomatic immunity for state actors who engage in terrorism particularly on a huge scale that has happened in Syria, we really have to visit now what a danger diplomatic immunity is when it choses that is a protection screen to engage in terrorism which jeopardizes all of this.

It is time to basically put some qualifications on that.

American Regime change - One head at a time

American Regime change  –  One head at a time

__________________________________

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Posted by on April 17, 2014, With 0 Reads, Filed under Of Interest. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

29 Responses to "Syrian opposition’s call on US, act of desperation"

1. captain obvious  April 18, 2014 at 4:19 am

I hope those invading mercenary SOB’s posing as “freedom fighting rebels” are FRIED. I hope that every person who armed funded and supported them get locked away and asset stripped, at the very least!
    vegetarians eat vegetables and these critters call themselves “humanitarians”, think about that a little..
    Turkey’s support of the mercenaries, acts of war, izrahell bombing inside Syria and liting off a NUKE too.

2. Simpsons Donkey  April 18, 2014 at 2:13 am

As per the above, I cannot sign off until I have included a curse upon the foul name of the Saudi entities the raddled near-corpse King Abdullah the Vile, and his evil twin servants, Salman bin Sultan and of course Bandar, the Orangutan Sub-Human Gargoyle who ordered the killing of children at Ghouta. Bandar the ape’s servant-in-evil is one Zahraan Alloush, commander of Liwa al-Islam, who carried out the chemical false flag attacks which took the lives of innocent Syrian babes. Let Saudi itself, and all its servants, go down in flames.

3. Simpsons Donkey  April 18, 2014 at 2:07 am

As Abbwinston observes, this nightmare inflicted on the blameless Syrian people could only have been concocted by depraved and godless people. The troglodyte mercenaries scrounged from every low pit of the Islamic umma in the world, are now heretics and apostates against their own religion and believers of all kinds. They will find their way to Shaitan’s Pit and soon be joined by Jarba, the former Drone Emperor, and the Bonesman, along with the cringing shades of Fabius, Cameron, ErDOGan, Davutoglu the Poison Dwarf and the Zionist entity’s Benny Mileikowski, aka Netan Yahoo.
    Imagine if you will, the assembled husks of these warped personalities, fresh from a lifetime of evil and depravity as they contemplate the millions of innocent lives for which they will now atone. It will require aeons spent in the furnaces of Mephsto’s Char Frill and Griddle for their sins to be excised.

• ani  April 18, 2014 at 2:53 am

Wow Simpsons Donkey
      I am gob-smacked by the passion and the power of your graphic descriptions here, and in total agreement.

I have very simple (albeit metaphysical/phorical -far from military/technological/scientific precision and facts-)contributions to make; I make them anyway.

I probably belong more in the black-humour genre of Patrick Willis and his fairy-tales

Tonight on AU MSM Story-time I saw John Schumann, songwriter of “God help me, I was only 19….” , as Australians begin their sycophantic, cloying and totally absurd ‘celebrations’ of ANZAC.

MSM stated that more Australians should be reading more of this ‘heroic’ kind of literature.

Meanwhile, I am reading messages of condolence and tributes to the life and death of Michael Ruppert.
      I had never heard of him, but watching the Abby Martin video/tribute, I cried as much as did Abby, his friend and colleague.

The video is on the dandelion salad site; I believe all of us here at VT have a role to play in finishing what this man started.

If the PTB think Australia is a pushover, I do believe they can expect a hefty push-back.
      Fighting the Good Fight this Good Friday
      when the great cry of anguish was not

I am finished

but

it is finished.

“Forgive them Father for they know not what they do.”

• Simpsons Donkey  April 18, 2014 at 4:18 am

I avoid Australian Sob-Story like the plague. Most Australian vets I’ve known are social outcasts, haunted by the knowledge of what they have been used for and rejected by the sleepwalker society who worship false gods. I credit working in the media for waking me up before my marble was drawn, my Canadian visa was stamped.
      My local supermarket in a little churchy town is open right through the Easter weekend, but closed most of ANZAC Day. Note how religious piety fades, while war is still glorified. We have far to go. Credit to American vets who stay true to their hard lessons.
      I will look up dandelion salad. Look up Pasolini’s The Gospel According to Saint Matthew, if you like real Jesus-energy.

• ani  April 18, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Thank You Simpsons Donkey I will most certainly look at the film. I DO like real Christ-energy. Just not what most interpret this to be.

“I credit working in the media for waking me up before my marble was drawn,”

This comment brings to my mind the very first conscripts I met.

Long story short- it was 1965 and I was in my last year of High School. Holiday time.

I was washing the windows to my parents’ house, while my parents were out at work.

I heard some strange noises coming from the paddock across the road. Turning to investigate, I saw three young men, camouflaged and packed up to the hilt, crawling under barbed wire fence and out on to the road that separated us.

Three whiter than white smiles in black smeared faces-we chatted for as long as time would permit.
      Long Story Short, one of those conscripts was Gordon Sharp, the first National Service conscript to be killed in that infamous battle of Long Tan – Vietnam.

It took me a very long time to get over his death. I was 17. I was 19 when I married an army man, whom I met through this initial introduction.
      Gordon had been a cameraman before his marble was drawn. Many years later I met his only sibling, a brother who lost his entire family as a result of those ‘ballots’.
      His mother had descended into grief which morphed into Alzheimers and the father followed the mother into the grave.

I write all this in support of the lunacy of war-mongers who hold themselves up as our leaders.
      Hoping to unravel their ‘belief systems’

• Arjan  April 18, 2014 at 5:36 am

Just a lil remark beware of Abby Martin, a ‘false profet’ of the most subtle and devious kind, in my opinion.

• ani  April 18, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Thank you Arjan.

I had never heard of Abby Martin either. I found the references to Michael Ruppert’s suicide/murder on the Craig Murray site and from there, to dandelion salad.

We in Oz have had many many decades of UK/US detritus passed off as ‘social desirability shoved down our throats. Along the way, I have made many friends. Being Dutch born, I guess I have been an ‘outsider’ for the best part of 60 years. That means I have been like the child who points at the Emperor’s nakedness and could not really fathom others’ distress and rages 😉

A few years ago (2007) I was at a conference in Manchester UK-Women as Agents of Change-where I first heard the slogan Think globally and Act locally. I nearly choked at the sound of ‘global’
      but I do think the ethos is sound.

NOT as NWOdor, as I suspect some would have it, but as one human family, where we do in fact, love our neighbour as self, for that is authentic Co-Creation on Planet Earth.

I respect your warning Arjan, as I have learned the truths about Trust.
      It was just that Mr Ruppert seemed to me to have an infinitely kind face, all the while he lived through so much Pain of Awareness and Action.
      Thank You.

• ani  April 18, 2014 at 2:51 pm

‘global’ should have read ‘glocal’
      spell check got me.

4. williammartin  April 17, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Robert,
    The US Government is no longer legitimate as it no longer represents “WE THE PEOPLE.”

Everything it was alleged of Nazi Germany 1933-1945 the United States & Allies have surpassed that of the atrocities alleged by Germany. From the NSA Spying, CIA renditions, covert black prisons, torturing, kill list’s, warfare by proxy drones where never a shred of evidence is ever supplied as this Government and its Military (PentaCON) openly call for yet more assassinations of American Citizen’s who bravely exposed this and others administrations crimes against humanity.

This would include but not limited to the Israeli trained Police State, TSA-DHS brown shirts, IRS & SEC targeting American’s, the war on journalist’s and whistle blowers, the treason of supporting a foreign racist government that also breaks all known international laws and UN resolutions, Fascism in too big to fail/jail, tyranny in Executive Orders leading to a Dictatorship. ETC… God Bless America?

• captain obvious  April 18, 2014 at 3:42 am

exactly, it has become a district of criminals, a 10 square mile country residing within our borders with its own “laws” and “constitution”, that hands US the bill for WARFARE it wages against us all, in every way.
      DC sabotaged our real working economy flushing jobs and wages down the toilet to leave us terrified of losing our jobs and homes, approved poisons in air-food-water-medicine to wreck our health then mandates HELLthcare we cant afford to guarantee big pharma-medical-insurance corporate profits, built a police state panopticon around our ears for crime going up because they CAUSED unemployment to go up (and DUMB police dont get who the REAL criminals are!), they caved to the banksters instead of arresting them for terrorism and dope import money laundering, handing US the bill in “national deficit” when it is the little 10 square mile “District of Criminals” that really owes for THEIR BS..

• captain obvious  April 18, 2014 at 3:53 am

..and they charge us for the biochemical weapon attacks they perform on a daily basis, chemtrails!
      WE are made to pay for the jet fuel they use at the gas pumps now all owned (treasonously!) by the same BP that poisoned the Gulf of Mexico. while they pollute the skies with jet exhaust and bio-weapon chemtrails they dare preach the FRAUD of “global warming” at us?!! they CAUSED this “polar vortex” BS that farmers STILL cant start planting crops for here, watch whats gonna happen.

• ani  April 18, 2014 at 4:10 am

War shing ton, District of Criminals (Military Industrial Complex)

City of London (Financial Centre)

Vatikan

Three ‘independent’ City States

yet

joined at the hips to each other

with the silent ‘partners’

Israel and Russia and Germany

Corp or ations

Not the people, who are only ever slaves, serfs and servants to the ‘powerful owners’ of RESOURCES.

• williammartin  April 18, 2014 at 9:54 am

Now that I see you and I are on the same page… hihi

I am just waiting for a “Real American Patriot” who flies one of them Jet’s in the Air-Force that’s loaded to the gills with arms to suddenly have a weapons fail and take out a few of them choice locations. Leaving said locations looking like Fallujah.

“We can rebuild after that.”

5. Abbwinston  April 17, 2014 at 3:30 pm

What I also find puzzling is Hezbullah and Hamas are black listed by US, Israel and several other counties as Extremist and terrorist but you DO NOT see them doing any of this that we see from these cockroach terrorist that came out of no where. But they are being called freedom fighters for change in the Syrian Regime, and being armed by our Govt and many other counties overseas. I find it extremely disturbing that President Obama allowed others to influence him to make this HUGE non reversible MISTAKE… If they are funding these devils over there, will they bring them over here to also terrorize us Americans? That is what is terrifying…. They are all Sociopath Psychotic EVIL, and anyone who supports these evil terrorist has to be one of them.

• captain obvious  April 18, 2014 at 3:57 am

yes, by their own “anti-terrorism laws” they should be renditioned immediately for funding terrorists!
      if any of us were shown to be doing the same thing, no doubt theyed make us disappear quickly.

• ani  April 18, 2014 at 4:15 am

‘it’ is named ‘chutzpah’.

Time for all of us ordinary people to play the Chutzpah Game captain obvious.

We could play this Game with Mercy

Miracles DO happen!

• medicis  April 18, 2014 at 5:21 pm

From what i understand, they don’t need to “bring these devils over (here)” … we already have NATO troops here who are as bad or worse….

6. Abbwinston  April 17, 2014 at 3:16 pm

I can not even bare to look at the picture of the Psychopath with the knife. I will now have anxiety and images in my head for weeks. As a Muslim, I am 10000% certain these are not Muslims and hired sociopaths. If they were really Muslims, they know killing someone is a one way ticket to hell unless it is SELF DEFENSE. This does not look like SELF DEFENSE to me. Does anyone notice how everyone around them including the people taking these pictures are safe and not being terrorized? These terrorist were created and never existed before and only around 9/11. They came out like cockroaches from every direction. Over 1400 years of Islam spreading and all the sudden these crazy nuts come out of nowhere? Sure we have had nut jobs here and there but NEVER in a numbers we are seeing today. The same people who are behind writing Anti-Islam books are the same people funding these cockroaches to make Islam appear to be what they are paying for in their books. They do not realize that God is in control and punishes several as we see the history in the Bible and Qur’an to evil doers.. Everything ends up getting leaked out although we know who is behind all this, someone eventually will have proof for it.. I am terrified if who ever is behind this mass murdering terrorist spree will bring them to the United States to do the same to us.. I have absolutely NO TRUST in our Government! None.. I can not believe these people are arming these terrorist evil cockroaches with weapons.. Shame on them…

7. splitter  April 17, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Bandar has resigned today – maybe accepting defeat in Syria?

• captain obvious  April 18, 2014 at 4:03 am

more like ducking out before his butt gets burned, like bush retiring donald rumsfeld out of the spotlights and into the shadows so he can do more unknown evil.

8. bobeejoe  April 17, 2014 at 12:47 pm

We have two competely different stories about Syria. The world has gone mad in a war of information. The majority of folks could care lessnand I dont blame them. Following current affairs is like a railroad spike through brain. The glitzy self important image of average American’s is hurting all of us. It is consrtricting our collective understanding of present reality. I only offer his observation as relief from the bombaedment of rhetoric coming from everywhere. People have turned to yoga and light healings to cope with this mass confusion but I just want the plain truth to be recognized by all these responsible adults who have no problem filling up their tanks with the blood of indigenous species. Am I wrong?

9. williammartin  April 17, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Who needs Nuremberg style trials?

“And really these people need to be …., I do not know why the UN or somebody has not charged them with war crimes, they do not have diplomatic immunity, they should have been arrested and had been in prison instead of staying at five-star hotels”. – Jim Dean

How funny it is that US backed Al Qaeda “Rebel’s” given iPhones, laptops and Sat-Link phones who daily document their War Crimes who then boasting of said crimes freely upload a video diary of these War Crimes for the world to see as they shot children, hang police or cut their heads off, push postal workers off the roofs and out windows of tall office buildings only to “splat” into a pool of blood onto the cement below. Who openly enlist child-soldiers who also sever the heads of their victims. So who needs trials for war crimes and being able to watch John McQaeda McCain violate the Patriot Acts, NDAA and Lugar-Obama Act in Arming said “Freedom Fighters” – Reagan

It really adds too knowing at last count over $500,000,000 has been sent to this same “MADE IN AMERICA” brand of War Crimes which like in the Ukraine that as America’s Veterans, Civilian’s go without housing, medical, pharmacy needs, our cities collapse and our jobs whither and the countless millions on food stamps ( WAR RATIONS ) That those in WARshington’s D.istrict of C.riminal’s who also boast of their support of the very ones used in premise of 9/11 and the death’s of 1,000’s of American boys killed by TREASON!

• robert  April 17, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Great post williammartin. Great interview Jim Dean.

It should be clear now why the The United States and Israel refuse to ratify, acknowledge or adhere to International Criminal Court.

Have not seen the above description WARshington’s D.istrict of C.riminal’s before. Great observation and description. Should catch on.

• captain obvious  April 18, 2014 at 4:11 am

nuremberg was show trials persecuting the small fish.. the big fish were brought HERE with operation paperclip to start up CIA, NASA, and to establish a 4th reich wrapped in a red white and blue flag!
      same for the nazi relocation camp renamed izrahell where the warden and guards became government.
      THAT is why theres such a “partnership”, behind the smokescreens THEY ARE THE SAME NAZIS!!

• ani  April 18, 2014 at 4:19 am

I really appreciate the term someone on VT presented – Zionistasi.
      Up until then I had been using Zionistas, which is not quite as encompassing as the first.

TOP 50 READ ARTICLES THIS WEEK