Allen L Roland, PhD is a Freelance Alternative Press Online columnist. He is also a heart centered spiritual consultant, author and lecturer who also shares a weekly political and social commentary on his web site at AllenRoland.com. He also guest hosts Truthtalk, a national radio show that airs monthly. He is available for comments, interviews, speaking engagements as well as private consultations via email at [email protected].

Roland is a twin who was born in Boston, Massachusetts, survived a dysfunctional family, pursued and lived his dreams, including becoming a Navy supersonic carrier pilot, finding himself by fully opening his heart, writing three books, siring four children ~ and is still living his ultimate dream by making a difference from a place of love, celebration and service.

His Ph.D dissertation THE UNIFIED FIELD was chosen by Common Boundary and Noetic Science Institute, in their 1998 national dissertation contest, as one of the top three finalists for combining spirituality and psychology. His ongoing heart centered work as a consultant with veterans with PTSD, is the most satisfying work of his life. Allen's online newsletter, columns and radio broadcasts are committed to the truth ~ as he sees it ~ for only the truth is revolutionary.

View Latest Posts >>>

The Final Option

aircraft

The final option became a split second of transcendence, an experience beyond the normal or physical level, and in the process I experienced the timeless and fearless world of soul consciousness where all answers are clear but can only be truly accessed through love:

by Allen L Roland

I have had many personal experiences of the sensory sensation of being in the Unified Field of love and soul consciousness that exists not only beyond time and space but also beneath our deepest fears but this one stands out ~ for it was a matter of life and death and it became the foundation of my belief in this state of consciousness that lies beneath our deepest fears.

In the early 1960’s while I was serving as a U.S. Navy all-weather carrier pilot on the USS Ranger on the South China Sea ~ I was launched one stormy dark night in my supersonic interceptor from the forward catapult.

It was a brutal night and I saw that the launch crew chief had all he could do to remain upright on the deck. After climbing into the cockpit I brought the F3H Demon to full throttle and felt the supersonic Navy jet shake with power as it strained against the bridle. Keenly aware of sounds, everything sounded good as I did a final check of my instruments.

The launch crew leader raised his neon batons in the air and waited for my salute, which I gave. The launch crew then released the bridle which would send me hurtling into the stormy night sky at 155 mph within 3 seconds. I braced my head against the headrest and anticipated the sudden 3 G rush of acceleration. Within seconds, thousands of pounds of steam pressure drove me back into my seat and catapulted the plane into the stormy night sky. My hands and eyes quickly swept through the cockpit as I had done hundreds of times before and I awaited my gradual acceleration to climbing speed. But it did not come. Something was wrong! I was not gaining airspeed! The plane was shaking and obviously close to stalling speed and I was rapidly losing altitude.

Only seconds away from crashing I felt myself being physically crushed by fear and the enormity of my desperate situation. I was going to die! I fought to stay airborne. In a state of total fear and panic I frantically reviewed my only options. Crash, go down with the plane… eject and hope to stay alive long enough in the icy water and be picked up by the carrier which would have to be within 3 minutes. The stall horn was now blaring! I was only 50 feet over the water and seconds away from crashing and I felt myself being completely crushed into the seat by my fear ~  so I exercised my final option ~  I fully surrendered to that moment!

I let myself be seemingly crushed by fear and in that stillness of complete surrender I became totally clear, devoid of fear and panic and seemingly beyond time and space ~ the longest split second I have ever experienced!

In that timeless second of total surrender and fearless clarity, I instantly noticed that the gear landing light was still on and that I had obviously not raised it after takeoff ~ the plane was carrying too much drag to gain altitude and airspeed and I calmly raised the gear and regained airspeed and altitude.

It was only years later, while experiencing  a re-birthing exercise, did I connect that crushing feeling I had experienced that night on the South China Sea for it was indeed my original birth trauma and I had exercised the same option I did on that fearful night as a pilot 28 years later ~ I totally surrendered, from a place of numbing fear, and was born two minutes before my twin. I still vividly remember the three lights over the birthing table as I opened my fear closed eyes at the Boston Lying In Hospital on the morning of January 18, 1934.

Obviously, part of me knew that a place of timeless serene calmness and clarity lay beneath my deepest fears and my life and death experience that night on the USS Ranger forced me to surrender to, embrace and go beneath that fear and became my first dramatic experience of the reality of a Unified Field   of love and soul consciousness, beneath our deepest fears, which later in my life I would find and prove by fully surrendering to love.

What happened that night would become the foundation of my life’s quest or journey to demonstrate that beneath our deepest fears is a spring of love, joy and soul consciousness and I have helped thousands of others go beyond their fears and surrender to love through my book Radical Therapy ~ and discover for themselves that love is the foundation of virtually every true emotional healing.

Here is a link to my book:

Here is a link to the YouTube sessions of the process I teach and watch Marina conquer her deepest fear.

As a heart centered spiritual consultant or advisor ~ I teach a seven session process that anyone can do with my book or by watching the sessions on YouTube and doing it themselves. The inner peace and clarity I discovered that night on the South China Sea can be the authentic experience of anyone willing to go beyond their fears, surrender to love and heal themselves in the process.

About the Author: Allen L Roland is a Freelance Alternative Press Online columnist. He is also a practicing psychotherapist, author and lecturer who also shares a daily political and social commentary on his web site at AllenRoland.com. He also guest hosts a Truthtalk, a national radio show that airs monthly. He is available for comments, interviews, speaking engagements and private consultations via email at [email protected].

Posted by on May 11, 2014, With 2471 Reads Filed under Life. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

18 Responses to "The Final Option"

1. FauxScienceSlayer  May 12, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Allen….I too have had several Near Death Experiences, NDE and Out of Body Experience, OBE which were all beneficial to my developing conscious and it’s connection to the undeniable Universal Conscious. I have researched and written on many elements of the current ruling false paradigm reality including Carbon climate forcing, ‘sustainable’ energy and ‘peak’ oil. But my most STUNNING revelation involved the big bang hoax. I wrote a series of articles on this at Canada Free Press, selected works at the FauxScienceSlayer site, including an update to “Mysterious ‘Dr X’ says, Universe Is NOT Expanding”. Indeed, there are profound implications for a Rotational Universe model, which have been suppressed by the government for 65 years. I think you will find this addition to your conscious model very helpful. Find and share Truth, it is your duty as an Earthling.

• ani  May 13, 2014 at 3:22 am

http //www.outsiderclub.com/warning-the-ukraine-is-at-a-flashpoint/960

I visited your web site FauxScienceSlayer and was moved to tears.

Keep Posting Please

2. Allen L Roland  May 12, 2014 at 8:19 am

Well said, dear ani ~ I AM really means I am one with source, which is God or, better yet, a loving plan in action ~ an evolutionary process with which we are participate as co-creators, including you Chandler.

• ani  May 13, 2014 at 3:06 am

I AM really means that I KNOW who I AM within Source
      and Source within ME
      A Loving Plan in Action

Many paths to the ONE

Each one of us, ICONS

• Allen L Roland  May 13, 2014 at 10:03 am

Ani, ICODC

3. William St. George  May 11, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Great article. I wonder if you have read Beyond The Brain by Stanislov Grof, MD? In that book he outlines the four perinatal matrices. Your experience fits in well with his descriptions. Our whole outer expression of body, emotions, and intellect are expression of a deeper Self. Typically people have no knowledge of that realm and live in the darkness. It is interesting how when we feel like all is well it often isn’t.

• Allen L Roland  May 11, 2014 at 8:43 pm

William,going into the third trimester ~ we are fully conscious and preparing ourselves for birth onto this planet particularly if we are wanted. Since I was not wanted by my mother, I had to rely on the love of my twin brother to empower me to surrender to the birth trauma and be born. As such, my separation from my twin at birth was a traumatic imprint that I later relived and went through in relationship. There is no doubt I wanted to be here ~ and I’m very much in sync with my destiny.

4. Chandler  May 11, 2014 at 3:58 pm

I’ve loved like many, and like many have lost. Been abused, used and completely confused by many I have met throughout my life. Like so many stories here I comment on, I may have missed your point or your concept, but I cannot help but read these and think you are experiencing something beyond my comprehension.
    Love, to me, is not a drunken night in a motel room with a hot and sexy woman, nor is it the bliss of one woman who can satisfy my every need. To me, love is a dangerous emotion to venture into mostly due to the external forces that are upon us all.
    I love my country, but despise this government. I love many things, always been honest with tax returns like good citizenship tells us to be. Love cannot be a one way street can it? Love must be fed and watered like any living thing, and without it it will wilt and die.
    I have always been unable to resolve the assassination of MY president JFK. Thus, I’ve lived with bitterness over his death exacerbated by this criminal government not willing to tell me the flat out truth. I am supposed to be honest with them, but not reciprocated?

• Chandler  May 11, 2014 at 4:11 pm

I now this isn’t a counselling session but, instead of discussing me, I want to say this to you. I appreciate your sincere and truly genuine articles. If your health is in decline, which is what I think I am sensing in your writings, I wish you well. If not, then like most other happenings today, I am wrong about my intuition. Thanks for the article. Very interesting. It is above me and my limited ability to figure it out.
      I wish you well. I’ve learned a lot here at VT, and have found I am better at reading articles than trying to respond to them. Certain readers have far better responses than I, yet I still search for them after reading each one. When the fun begins receding days are not as bright, and times are not as enjoyable. Thank you for your knowledge. Sorry for the lengthy response. I am old and bitter, knowing in my waning years, in dire need of truth about why on many things. If this doesn’t make sense it is why I no longer respond to articles as I did. Why should I love, and make sense when the world around me wants war, wants to kill, wants to inflict more human misery on the world and its population?
      All the money, yet people starve; they are homeless; they are destitute; they are lost. Frankly Mrl Roland, where is God through all this child abducting, raping, shootings, police brutality; illegal wars and invasions; why the rich piss on the poor; why? an you want me to love?? I will check back.

• Allen L Roland  May 11, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Chandler, I am 80 years old and feel the need to pass on my teachings and truth before I pass on. Due to my health, I am no longer in private practice, but I consult and mentor other therapists to jump start their client’s hearts and empower them to share the gift of themselves ~ while no longer being a hostage to fear. I see God as a loving plan in action, an evolutionary process with which we all participate as co-creators. Remember, Chandler ~ a loving plan in action is pushing all the injustices and poison of the world to the surface and eventually we will all have to make a choice as to which choice we want to follow. It will not be a painless choice but it all starts with ourselves ~

• williammartin  May 11, 2014 at 11:56 pm

I enjoyed your comment here most Allen.
      Sadly “WE” as Men don’t talk nor share our deepest feelings as we should. We have been programmed that to cry or show weakness makes us less of a man. I am reminded of this when you see a bunch of women hugging and kissing when they enter someplace yet for men it is just a handshake or the “Make and Break” contact.

Personally I carried a lot of anger for 30 years and then when I turned that over to forgiveness you would think my life would have gotten better. It went to hell. My Father now dying in efforts to make up for his failure gave me his home. You’d think a Wife with our 3 beautiful children would be overjoyed to have a paid for roof over her head and security for or Children. WRONG!

I find it is best to live day to day. I’m not a pessimist nor am I a optimist either. I am a Realist. While I have had a bad youth I find I have excelled in many ways past that. I care today not for myself but I have tears for those I see such in Gaza and other areas. I look at others Children whom I see unjustly murdered as one who possibly may have had the cure for a disease had he/she been allowed to live.

Life is very cruel. Earth isn’t a testing ground as some believe. So with faith I always recall to mind what Christ was asked as to the importance of the 10 Commandments. He said LOVE was the answer and the only answer.

So for you and your wonderful article and comment I can only add this, “There is much wisdom at the feet of an elderly man”

• Allen L Roland  May 12, 2014 at 7:57 am

William, how about there is much wisdom in the eyes of an elderly man ~ I prefer this quote from
      Katherine Applegate, The One and Only Ivan ~ “Old age,” she says, “is a wonderful disguise.”

• williammartin  May 12, 2014 at 10:03 am

That too is good Allen, however… Young Boys and Mature men would sit at the feet of those tribal elders and pay attention to the stories and wisdom from a man that had lived many generations.

So both work.
      I also like this one…

Don’t you just miss the day’s when America was just Morally Bankrupt?
      Today’s youth treat the elderly as if they despised them. Like hearing a punk kid when an elderly person says, “In my day.” They don’t care about what others have experienced. We can sit back and watch them “Elvis Presley” i.e. Do it their way and cause themselves pain that they can only blame on themselves for not listening.

Thanks for your insight Allen.
      agape

• ani  May 12, 2014 at 3:33 am

“love is a dangerous emotion to venture into mostly due to the external forces that are upon us all.”

Yes Chandler, we ‘give’ ourselves to other humans at risk of death/rejection/annihilation/ridicule etc.

But that is only half the story.

What Allen has tried to teach through his articles is to Love/NURTURE SELF

Even George of Lydda aka Palestine, totally tortured to death by the vainglorious Emperor, has become an icon for Christ.

George, slayer of ‘dragons’ (false idols/addictions), beheaded but nevertheless eternal.

• ani  May 12, 2014 at 2:54 am

“I am anxious to read what one reader “ani” has to say to you for I find her writings very interesting and enlightening.
      I am old, tired and waiting death to come rolling along in the next decade. I have let my life fall into a corner, only by doing for others and putting myself third fiddle behind others’ needs. Seems my years have been wasted unintentionally.”

Dear Chandler how your words pierce my heart and soul.
      You have young children yet you feel old and bitter, awaiting ‘death’, when it is the DEAD who posture as our rulers.

I do not know where you live, and do not need to know.
      What I DO know is that there are many, many good and sincere people in your beautiful America, who might help you to find peace and healing, without paying an arm and a leg, so to speak.

I suppose that while I personified ‘the Cinderella Complex’, you might personify the male equivalent, in an ‘alpha-male’ world where that makes you a woose.

The ‘deepest’ part of me KNEW that bitterness is a terminal condition.
      As for depression, well, my depressions went so deep I thought I would NEVER re-join the human family.
      The point of all I am saying here, is that I hope you find someone to Companion You, as I found someone to Companion me, through times which would have otherwise destroyed me.
      You said-
      ” Love must be fed and watered like any living thing, and without it it will wilt and die.”

I say-
      The Lord’s My Shepherd
      I’ll not want…

Be still
      and KNOW

We are all, each and every one of us, Christ’s image-bearers

• ani  May 12, 2014 at 2:59 am

What I came to KNOW
      and SEE

as I travelled along the Way of the Truth and Life

is that we are all One

in GOD

and that GOD

IS

the UNIFIED FIELD OF ALL CREATION

but we do not see this
      if we do not LOVE.

We must BECOME LOVE
      and that is how I ‘see YOU’

Just have FAITH, please
      and keep LOVING your kids, family and our beautiful world.

• williammartin  May 12, 2014 at 4:46 am

• ani  May 12, 2014 at 3:16 am

“a place of timeless serene calmness and clarity lay beneath my deepest fears and my life and death experience that night on the USS Ranger forced me to surrender to, embrace and go beneath that fear and became my first dramatic experience of the reality of a Unified Field of love and soul consciousness, beneath our deepest fears, which later in my life I would find and prove by fully surrendering to love.”

That does sum it all up Chandler.

I recognise it now, but may not have during my ‘dark’ days.

Further, after I came to this ‘space’, I was told by a yoga teacher that when our ‘time’ comes, our bodies return to the dust, and our Spirit/Dream continues.

So, I KNEW then, that I am at one with yogis, aboriginals of every continent, christians, sufis, taoists, buddhists, gee, even Jews.

What THEY do does not really matter.
      It is what I do, in the great I AM

that is meant to ‘make a difference, for the Greater Good.
      Peace be with You Chandler.