… by Russia Today, Moscow
[ Editor’s note: You just can’t make this stuff up. With this current report by the OSCE, we learn that the Pentagon and NATO continue their 100% batting average on lying about Russian preparation to invade Ukraine.
The contempt this shows of the public is just off the charts. Facts on the ground that disprove their claims are just ignored.
American media has not laid a glove on the “perps” for this crime, a subversion of our democracy at worst, in that modern government seems to have adopted the continuance of never-ending psychological operations against the American people as one of its most important duties.
And as usual, the mainline veteran orgs and security trade groups have not raised question number one as to why Washington and NATO are at such odds with the official observation teams that have been on the Russian border on and off since the Western coup on Ukraine.
This is more evidence on the deplorable state of modern leadership of the country, where there is a rush to the stage for all the fluff stuff, but everyone has a family emergency when it comes to facing up to any substantial challenge where the powerful might get their feathers ruffled and take retribution. We are becoming a nation of bullies and cowards on the leadership level.
At the end of the day, it is the public’s job to change that. Not nearly enough leaders are booed in public when they appear to play their assigned roles of herding us like sheep. When they treat us like the farm animals of a plantation they run, and we don’t raise hell about it… well… they feel some justification for treating us that way.
Like a spouse in an abusive relationship, we seem to have developed a weird kind of dependency, or fear-of-loss head trip. Sure, we are unhappy about some things, but the challenges required to change the situation seem worse than just accepting the status quo. Such is a sign of a defeated people, and that is something we need to think about more… Jim W. Dean ]
- First published … August 12, 2014 -
The OSCE monitoring mission on the Russian-Ukrainian border has registered no violations of international law by the Russian side during its week-long stay at the Gukovo and Donetsk checkpoints, mission head Paul Picard said.
During his press conference, Picard was asked to comment on Western claims that Russia is shelling Ukrainian territory and has starting deployment troops to the country.“In these two border crossings we haven’t seen such happenings,” he replied.
The observers were assessing two checkpoints – Gukovo and Donetsk – on the border with Ukraine’s Lugansk Region, which are separated from each other by around 30km. Gukovo checkpoint is currently closed from the Ukrainian side, but traffic at the Donetsk border crossing is “high,” Picard stressed.
“About 80 percent of traffic comes from Ukraine to Russia. We heard from people that there’s a queue of hundreds of car and a kilometer of people standing in line to the checkpoint,” he said.
According to Picard, the people – who are trying to cross the Russian border from Ukraine – have their children and huge bags with them, and don’t look remotely like tourists. The observer also confirmed that several Ukrainian shells have landed on the Russian territory during the last week.
“Three was fighting on Ukrainian side south of [Gukovo] border crossing point and… two shells fell on the territory of the border crossing and two fell in the field,” he said. Picard thanked the Russian border guards for “providing required security measures” for the OSCE mission.
He said there are currently eight OSCE employees working at Gukovo and Donetsk, but the arrival of the rest of the group is expected on Friday. In all, there’ll be 15 observers, a head observer and three administrative staff, which will allow the mission “to work 24/7,” Picard said.
Picard also spoke about the group of over 400 Ukrainian soldiers who crossed the Russian border to escape the fighting on Monday. He stressed OSCE’s active involvement in the transfer of the Kiev troops as the organization remained in contact with Ukrainian soldiers, while they were still surrounded by the self-defense forces.
Most of the soldiers have returned or are in process of returning to Ukraine at the moment, the mission head said. “Fifty-four of them remain on site [in Russia], but we hope they’ll be back [in Ukraine] as soon as possible,” he added.
However, a weekly report by the OSCE mission has revealed that the soldiers’ return home did not go smoothly. The transit of the troops had to be temporally halted on Tuesday after a group of servicemen came under attack. According to the report, four soldiers were wounded as a result of the incident, which happened on Ukrainian territory.
The OSCE mission is deployed to the Gukovo and Donetsk Russian checkpoints on the border with Ukraine after a decision by the body’s Permanent Council on July 24. The mission’s mandate will run for three months, with any extension to require another ruling by the Permanent Council of 57 OSCE member states.
Editing: Jim W. Dean
Latest posts by Veterans Today (see all)
- Hebrew, Israelite and Jew - January 28, 2015
- Making progress on veterans’ suicide prevention bill - January 28, 2015
- Gov. Scott seeks money for more veterans nursing homes - January 28, 2015
Posted by Veterans Today on 5:55 am, With 0 Reads, Filed under World. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.