Chased by a Klezmer

By Gilad Atzmon

I am amused that as the Zionist smear campaign against me and my work has faded, the so called Jewish ‘anti’ Zionists, A.K.A AZZ (anti Zionist Zionists), are ever more infuriated by my thoughts.  They are desperate to silence me. They don’t have a chance, but, let’s face it, they have some really good reasons.

The recent events in Palestine have proved beyond any doubt my interpretation of Jewish nationalism and Jewish identity politics. It is not a coincidence that I was the only one to predict the Israeli defeat even before the first Israeli soldier entered Gaza. Since Israel defines itself as the Jewish State, its actions and atrocities must be understood within the context of Jewish culture and heritage. This is my line of thought and this is what I am known for.

Leading commentator, Jeff Blankfort, argued recently that the Jewish Left is not the solution, it is actually a continuation of the problem. I believe that the Jewish Left is not merely a continuation of the problem, it is actually at the heart of the problem. Jewish power, as I see it, is the capacity to silence criticism of Jewish power. In that regard, AIPAC and the Jewish Lobby are not ‘Jewish power,’ they are symptoms of Jewish power. The institutional attempt to silence any debate about Jewish power is provided by the Jewish Left and the so called Jewish anti Zionist network (JVP, Mondowiess, Chomsky, Blumenthal, etc.). It is the Jewish Left that attempts to set the boundaries of the discussion and dictates what can and cannot be said.

For instance, we may talk about Zionism and Israel but we must never elaborate on the Jewishness of the Jewish state. Israel defines itself as the Jewish State, it attests to its affinity to Jewish history, and it draws its vile inception from the Old Testament, yet, the Jewish pro Palestinian outlet Mondoweiss, changed its comment policy to ban discussion of Jewish culture in the context of criticizing Israel.  To sum it all up, I am not just an anti Zionist, I am actually critical of all forms of Jewish politics, both Zionist and Anti. I contend that all forms of Jewish politics are ethno-centric and to a certain extent, racially driven. And in my latest book The Wandering Who I substantiate this point and yet to see any attempt to prove me wrong.

In the last few days I have came across several attempts to defame me. I am cheered by each of them. I tend to see these attempts as an acknowledgment of the importance of my contribution to the discourse.

Earlier today I read a clumsy diatribe  written by Nick Cooper, a Jewish ethnic campaigner as well as a Klezmer artist from Texas. In his article, Why Other Critics of Israel Won’t Work With Gilad Atzmon Anymore, Klezmer Cooper engages in a Dershowitz like cherry-picking exercise but, instead of exposing me, he conveniently provides us with an example of morbid Jewish Left ideology and tactics.

Ali Abunimah Did Ask Me To Lie

Cooper is convinced that my words are too often “defamatory, inaccurate, and self-aggrandizing.” He accuses me of “fabricating” a statement by Ali Abunimah. Cooper quotes a line of mine from an email exchange.  “Abunimah,” I wrote,  “calls Israelis Zionists because he needs the so called Jewish ‘anti’ Zionists to support his operation. The last time I communicated with Ali Abunimah he wrote to me, ‘Just refer to Zionism instead of Jewish identity and everything would be fine’. He basically asked me to lie.. I obviously refused’…”

If Cooper bothered with even minimal research he would find out that Mr Abunimah admitted that he sent me a message along this exact line. The email is available on Ali Abuimah’s web site:

From: Ali Abunimah

November 30, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Dear Gilad, I appreciate your note… What you describe as “Jewish” might perhaps be more accurately described as “Zionist,” – and then we might find grounds for a lot of agreement..

Rather than ‘fabricating’ Abunimah’s words, I described his embarrassing non- ethical offer pretty accurately.

Jewish Exclusivity

Klezmer Cooper is correct in claiming that in our correspondence I told him that he wasn’t intelligent enough to grasp the relatively simple argument that Jewish ‘anti’ Zionist organizations are exclusive to Jews. No doubt, Jewish organizations are happy to collect subscription fees from Goyim (gentiles). But can a Goy become the secretary of Jewish Voice for Peace or the spokesperson for the Jewish Anti-Zionist Network? Not really, and why? Is it because the Goyim aren’t racially qualified or is it because they are ethnically unfit for the job?  The answer should be embarrassing to the Jewish Left, as it seems even the Israeli Knesset is more tolerant than Western Jewish ‘anti’ Zionist organizations.

Truthfulness

Cooper is also correct that I see “Jewish exclusivity everywhere.” And I further contend that Jewish anti-Zionists are a ‘racially oriented exclusivist culture driven by chosenness.’ But in order to prove me wrong  Cooper argues that  “Anti-Zionist Jews often have non-Jewish partners.”  If Cooper were familiar with Jewish heritage and culture he would know that those ‘partners’ are tagged within the tribal discourse as ‘Sabbos Goyim’- Gentiles who toadie to the every wish and whim of the Jews, especially in politics. Cooper is even kind enough to provide us with a list of his favourite Sabbos Goyim. They are all there at the bottom of his article. Arab sounding names first, English names later, for Sabbos Goyim are set in a hierarchic manner based on the primacy of Jewish interests.

Killing Christ on a daily Basis

Cooper accuses me of racism, but there is one thing he forgets to do; produce a single reference made by me in which I criticize Jews as a race or ethnicity.

“Gilad compared the Israeli attack on the Gaza Freedom Flotilla to the killing of Jesus,” Cooper writes. I did and would do it again! But is this racism? In the last 5 weeks I have interpreted Israeli crimes in Gaza in the light of Christ killing. Is it racist? Not at all! The murder of Christ symbolizes the killing of the innocent. As far as I am aware this is exactly what the Jewish State has done in turning Gaza into a pile or rubble and murdering children, women, elders and medical workers.

But Chirst Killing also embodies the killing of the messenger. Isn’t that exactly what Nick Cooper attempts to do in struggling to silence me in such a transparently deceitful fashion?

Cooper writes, “Invoking the Christ Killer slur invokes past centuries of anti-Jewish racism and violence in Europe and the US.” I would suggest to Cooper and other Hasbara merchants  that if Israel were to stop killing innocent people in Palestine in the name of the Jewish people, that would be a very useful tactic in combating the ‘Christ Killer’ slur.

Distortion of truth

Klezmer Cooper writes at the end of his piece, “Several years ago, I collaborated with Gilad Atzmon on the Klezmer Musicians Against the Wall Compilation CD”

This is simply not true. I have never collaborated with Cooper. His playing wasn’t in line with my standards (Cooper owns a drum set). I allowed Cooper to use a few tunes from my parody album “Artie Fishel and The Promised Band” – a comical musical project that mocks Klezmer music and Jewish identity politics, on his Klezmer compilation. Cooper was obviously too dim to grasp that Artie Fishel was a spoof character mocking the Coopers of this world.

Watch Artie Fishel (on Jazz in my Jihad)  http://youtu.be/oCJ4De0POGs

[youtube oCJ4De0POGs ]

Back To The Ghetto

I understand Cooper’s frustration as much as I understand his fear. The popularity of my criticism of Jewish identity politics is well established by now. It has been endorsed by the greatest scholars and commentators ever associated with the solidarity movement.

If Jewish activists and Klezmers alike want to be part of a true solidarity movement, they better sneak out of the ghetto and join a universal discourse. I don’t hold my breath for that to happen any time soon.

The Wandering Who? A Study Of Jewish Identity politics and Jewish Power in particular – available on Amazon.com  & Amazon.co.uk

___________________________

Posted by on August 28, 2014, With 2647 Reads Filed under Middle East, World. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

12 Responses to "Chased by a Klezmer"

1. frederick muhlbauer  August 30, 2014 at 7:39 am

God bless george Galloway for speaking the truth and hope fpr a speedy recovery evidently he will need security from now on

2. Howie J  August 29, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Israelis are not a race of people, They are mostly Kazars that converted to Judaism.

The vast majority of israelis are NOT IN ANY WAY related to the ancient Hebrews.

The Palestinian people are the true descendants of the ancient Hebrew people, They converted to Islam.

The anti-Semite fairytale leaves out the fact that the vast majority of Palestinians are Semitic, Whereas the vast majority of israelis are of Khazar origin, therefore they are NOT Semites.

It still amuses me when israelis accuse us of being anti Semites, when they know full well that they are just converts to Judaism, It must amuse them greatly.

The good book even warned us about these fake Jews.

Sleep well you genocidal perverts, We can see through your deceit.

Deception will only get you so far, Sooner or later you WILL be exposed, And your allies will dump you like a sack of….

3. Cold Wind  August 29, 2014 at 7:26 pm

We must assume that ‘losing’, as it were, the war in Gaza will have measurable consequence for Netanyahu? What does “losing the war” mean for Israel and Jewish identity politics?

4. Worker Bee  August 28, 2014 at 7:38 pm

“Christ Killer slur”

How is it a slur when the Talmud states Jesus was tried for heresy and put to death by a rabbinical court (no Romans involved)? Do they really think all goyim are stupid and ignorant?

• etominusipi  August 30, 2014 at 3:27 am

is your second question rhetorical? i am trying to guess what the results would be if it were asked in the form of a poll…

5. Charlotte NC Bill  August 28, 2014 at 6:33 pm

I was talking to a co-worker about material and he said ” Ohl I took ’em all, you know I’m a Jew right? ” I said, ” well, you’re not all bad…I love Gilad Atzmon…” ” I heard of him”…I said, ” yeah, he wrote that book the Wandering Who…he’s kind of an anti-Dershowitz..” I kept the conversation light because he’s a nice guy who doesn’t know too much…He was ADOPTED and yet ” being a Jew ” is his whole identity…It’s strange, the guy looks like a Polish Catholic….

6. etominusipi  August 28, 2014 at 4:51 pm

whilst the history of Western civilization has brought into play some of the darkest forces within human nature it has also at times incorporated certain very high ideals, of which the noblest – and most needed for our future unfolding – is what Gilad has often referred to as reaching out towards ethical universalism.

this striving cannot be worn like a mask in the way that all conventional moralities are worn like masks. it requires continual effort – an effort of the heart as well as an effort of the mind. only those willing and able to make such efforts can understand the apparent paradox that self-acceptance and self-overcoming go hand in hand.

a prophet is not primarily a predictor of future events. he or she is one capable of seeing their social universe with eyes unclouded by personal desires, fears, attachments and loyalties, or by the vagaries of cultural background. Gilad has modestly demurred when others have alluded to his prophetic status. but we should never underestimate the key catalytic significance of such an integrity of vision as he brings to the party, along with the glorious sax-playing and a wonderfully laconic sense of humour.

• Detlef Reimers  August 29, 2014 at 7:41 am

Thanks Gilad for your sharp analysis about the ongoing mind war around “jewish identity politics” and thanks “e to minusi pi” for your culturul additions, which are also aimed at the rest of us- or better, our goyim elites and their “high culture”, their “high standards they gave to western civilization”, “their unbreakable morality”, their lovely and fundamental humanistic “atheistic world view” and their never lasting commitment to all this.

I would like to invite Gilad and the dear readers of VT to take a look at David Livingstone’s book “The dying god”, which can also be read free on his website. It ggoes way back to give us some very revealing insight about the origins of all this mess.

The dying god is amethapher for Bal, which mystics is deeply embedded in our elites culture and it was so through the ages. For modern folks Gilad’s wonderful term “Jewish Identity politics” is to my knowledge unbeateable in it’s effectiveness during political discussions about this subject – Bravo Gilad!

• etominusipi  August 30, 2014 at 3:22 am

Detlef, Ich sehe, dass Sie die bemerkenswerte Formel von Leonard Euler verstehen – Respekt!

7. lieutenantM  August 28, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Nice work.

COMMON DREAMS
    WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO POST THIS in their comment section to
    an article on Bernie Sanders

I have known Sanders personally and well since 1970. I have eaten in his home more than once, used to stand on street corners with him in Burlington, Vt getting petition signatures against Ma Bell’s latest price increases. He was my employee for several months in 1971 and then later became Mayor of my city, with his office 1 block from my little restaurant named LEUNIG’s. You can Google Michael Leunig to see why I named my business after him,.

Bernie is a co-opter–nothing more. An Israeli Manchurian Candidate. He is a pro Israel zealot, in bed with Monsanto and Lockheed Martin to name a few of his corporate friends…and I guarantee you HE WILL HAVE plenty of funds to challenge Hillary. I think he will beat her, but if he doesn’t he will certainly defeat her by splitting the Democratic Party so badly that Jeb Bush will triumph over all of us.

THE WHOLE RUN-FOR-PRESIDENT THING, ITSELF, tends to beat us all down. And Bernie knows this.

INSTEAD, CONSIDER DOING THIS over the next 2 months [12 min video]

https //www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS3SyB37uM0

Dennis Morrisseau
    2LT USArmy [Armor] ret
    Lieutenant Morrisseau’s Rebellion
    FireCongress.org
    POB 177, W. Pawlet, VT 05775
    [email protected]
    802 645 9727

8. stephanaugust  August 28, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Gilad, I always wondered, and Google, while searching for Jewish prayer, never told me, what the Jewish equivalent to the Christian Lord’s prayer is. Do you know where I can find it?

9. franktalk  August 28, 2014 at 11:49 am

A clear and open picture we would all do well to undersand, Gilad.

It is quite remarkable that the jew, a fabricated word by a group of like-minded individuals, has over time been allowed to mean a race and a religion, determined on their need. But then, it is neither.

The’ races’ of the jew is well documented in science. The illusion that their stories, also thoroughly deconstructed by ancient cultural studies over various specialties, hold any truth at all, it is how ‘stiff-necked’ and ‘Greedy’ they are. The allowance, by the world, to put up with the drivel and whining of the jew is a modern construction fomented by control of media and educational sources by controlling the money supplies. Thus the issue for many jews seems to be the psychological pathology of the need for control. I am not willing to even consider the idea of racism when it comes to a ‘make-believe’ people. We deal in facts, it is the 21st century. I suggest the jews join it.