(San Francisco) April 17, 2015 – Good Day, this is “Your Radiation, This Week.” These are the recorded Radiation Highs that affected people this week around the United States and in your neighborhood.
Let’s get right to it.
RADIATION CPM* CITY STATE
(*Counts per Minute, 50 CPM is an alert level. Levels are in Gamma unless noted.)
309 CPM Boston, MA
217 CPM New York City
426 CPM Raleigh, NC
258 CPM Atlanta, GA
424 CPM Miami, FL
214 CPM Chicago, IL
227 CPM St Paul, MN
365 CPM Lincoln, NE, Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
264 CPM Des Moines, IA
332 CPM Aberdeen, SD
493 CPM Rapid City, SD
388 CPM Kansas City, KA
315 CPM Tulsa, OK
435 CPM Little Rock, AR
206 CPM Dallas, TX
261 CPM Lubbock, TX
410 CPM South Valley, NM
400 CPM Albuquerque, NM
529 CPM Grand Junction, CO
875 CPM Billings, MT
333 CPM Phoenix, AZ
352 CPM Tucson, AZ
148 CPM Las Vegas, NV
324 CPM San Diego, CA
312 CPM Los Angeles, CA
225 CPM San Francisco, CA
413 CPM Spokane, WA
Across the United States from East to West and North to South, this is Your Radiation, This Week.
… A WORD ABOUT YOUR SHOES
Most people in the States wear shoes. Good thing, too. For 70 plus years radioactive materials were released in the upper and lower atmosphere by nuclear bombs, reactors, nuclear wars and other nuclear events. The Rad is clearly still being released today. No matter how high in the sky the radioactive particles are, eventually they are headed to the ground. Not to put too fine a point on it; but that is the ground you are walking on today.
We can see it kick up when we amble through some dust. Some of the dust clings to our shoes and clothes; other particles are swirled away in the air. We can sometimes see dust in the air; but, the radioactive particles are too small to see with our eyes; scanning electron microscopes are required. These radioactive particles do get on your shoes, and you, too. That is why all of us should get a pair of shoes to be worn only in the house or apartment. You change your shoes anytime you go outside. Otherwise you track radioactive material into your place.
You might ask “Does a little RadDust you can’t even see make a difference?” The answer is “Yes, it sure does.” The number of Lethal Doses packed in a tiny particle is mind boggling. Radioactive Poisons that kill billions of people per gram – that’s a little more than one/twenty-eight of an ounce – are not unusual.
What on Earth can people do about this? Precious little, actually; what you can do is take off your outside shoes and change to your indoor shoes once inside your house or apartment. Indoor shoes that you never have worn outside.
A reasonable priced radiation monitor has a numeric display and detects Alpha, Beta and Gamma radiation. Beeping on Warning is nice. There are many available on the market. Just set your budget and go for it. Expect to spend US$600.00 to US$1,000 more or less. Learn how to work it and what the numbers mean. Many people find it useful to place the monitor in a plastic baggie to protect it from your radioactive environment. The very one you live and work in every day!
Last Week’s Question
This was last weeks question:
Have you secured your house for operation in a radioactive environment?
No (95%, 407 Votes)
Yes (5%, 22 Votes)
Total Voters: 429
I was very surprised at the extremely low percentage [5%] of people who had secured their houses or apartments against a radioactive environment. I thought it would be 60% Max that were unprepared. A 95% not prepared rate was quite a shock. I’ll ask again in a couple of months and we’ll see what changes there are, if any.
Notifications of a Radiation Event are given by the national authority, in this case, the EPA after consultation with the given state’s local, state and federal officials.
It is clear that many cities are enduring High Radiation Levels that the Alert System was designed to warn citizens against.
To date, that I can tell, there are no High Radiation Alerts being issued in the US.
I’ve speculated that notifications are made to rich donors only; but, that is speculation only. Not announcing Radiation Warning Levels is premeditated random murder, in my opinion.
Have you heard of any "High Radiation Alerts" in the U.S. by the government?
- No (98%, 1,100 Votes)
- Yes (2%, 25 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,125
1. The Radiation charts and graphs of the EPA at www2.epa.gov/radnet Should you need to type in the address don’t skip the “2” in www2.
2. The EPA based reporting of NETC.com, an LLC.
3. * This station’s Radiation equals combined Beta and Gamma Radiation. Note: Not all locations have reporting Beta Radiation Monitors. Gamma Radiation Monitors are functioning at all these locations.
4. “…If you pollute when you DO KNOW there is NO safe dose with respect to causing extra cases of deadly cancers or heritable effects, you are committing premeditated random murder.” – John W. Gofman, Ph.D., M.D. (1918-2007), associate director, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory 1963-1969) — Comments on a Petition for Rulemaking to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, May 21, 1994.
5. CPM. “Although we can’t see it, taste it, smell it or hear it we can measure radiation and observe its effects. One way to measure radiation which the United States Environmental Protection Agency [EPA] has chosen to use on its radiation websites is in Counts Per Minute. Each Count is One Radioactive Decay.” Quote from the ‘Your Radiation, This Week.’” Apr 3, 2015.
Posted by Bob Nichols on April 17, 2015, With 6514 Reads Filed under Of Interest. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.