(San Francisco) Jun 5, 2015 – Good Day, this is “Your Radiation This Week.” These are the recorded Radiation Highs that affected people this week around the United States and in your neighborhood. Let’s get right to it.
RADIATION CPM* CITY STATE
*Listed in Counts per Minute, a Count is One Radioactive Decay Registered by the Instrument.
Partial Counts are noted. Uncounted radiation would make the actual Count higher.
- 391 CPM Concord, NH Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined.
- 338 CPM Boston, MA Partial Radiation Data Only.
- 223 CPM New York City Partial.
- 393 CPM Raleigh, NC Partial.
- 321 CPM Atlanta, GA Partial.
- 479 CPM Miami, FL Partial.
- 210 CPM Chicago, IL Partial.
- 447 CPM Ft Wayne, IN Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 309 CPM Indianapolis, IN Partial.
- 303 CPM St Paul, MN Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 441 CPM Lincoln, NE, Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 250 CPM Des Moines, IA Partial.
- 441 CPM Aberdeen, SD Partial.
- 498 CPM Rapid City, SD Partial.
- 330 CPM Kansas City, KA Partial.
- 260 CPM Tulsa, OK Partial.
- 617 CPM Little Rock, AR Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 470 CPM Dallas, TX Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 453 CPM San Angelo, TX Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 285 CPM Lubbock, TX Partial.
- 394 CPM South Valley, NM Partial.
- 382 CPM Albuquerque, NM Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 349 CPM Grand Junction, CO Partial. They are back, Gamma only.
- 821 CPM Billings, MT Partial.
- 497 CPM Phoenix, AZ Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 659 CPM Tucson, AZ Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 156 CPM Las Vegas, NV Partial.
- 491 CPM San Diego, CA Partial.
- 786 CPM Bakersfield, CA Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 318 CPM Los Angeles, CA Partial.
- 219 CPM San Francisco, CA Partial.
- 426 CPM Spokane, WA Partial.
Across the United States from East to West and North to South, this is Your Radiation This Week.
Name Change for the Column
Notice that the column name is changed. “Your Radiation This Week No. 10.” The symbol “No.” replaces the symbol “#” for Number.
- City Leaders Last WeekCongratulations to Pink Rabbit and Shawn Aware for finding high radiation counts in Bakersfield, California and the San Leandro/Hayward station. Further investigation by “Your Radiation This Week” discovered even higher highs in each location. City Leaders will continue to be the week in which they are selected, an All Time Recorded High section will be a new addition to “Your Radiation This Week.”
City Leaders this Week
Congrats to Billings, Montana. They are the Highest Recorded Radiation City in the United States again this week with 821 CPM! Bakersfield, California trails Billings, MT.
1,729 CPM of Gamma and Beta on Nov 9, 2014 at 6:32PM in Bakersfield, California.
There are two higher CPM reports, they are held for further review.
There have been some surprises as the weeks go by. This is the tenth week for “Your Radiation This Week.” I had a general expectation that the readings will be higher as we go on. I had no idea that San Leandro, California Rad Station was so high in the recent past. Thanks for the lead on the 63,054 CPM of this past April between the 14th and 21st, 2015, Shawn Aware.
Congrats to Pink Rabbit on the 1000 CPM Beta find in Bakersfield, California. There are only 53 Beta emitting Rad isotopes, the most prominent being Tritium. It is also called H3 and is particularly nasty because it mixes so easily with water.
We are not exempt from the Rad Contagion from Tritium because we are 70% water, of course. The Rad poison is inhaled with the breaths we take at the average adult rate of 17 breaths a minute. Tritium is in the food we eat and the water we eat, too. The H3 molecules are so small they can float right through our clothes and skin. There is no escape from the Rad Tritium.
Tritium is impossible to remove in industrial or human quantities. It is produced in all nuclear reactors and in nuclear weapons. Tritium is vented and leaks regularly from all reactors, including those operated “by the book,” as they say. Radioactive water, or Tritium, is a condition of the reactors’ existence and cannot be altered except by eliminating the reactors.
It’s a Total Bummer the radioactive weather report is none too cheerful this week. Things have a way of getting real serious, real quick. Have a wonderful radioactive weekend and don’t forget to Dodge the Rads, it’s dangerous out there!
Copyright by Bob Nichols @ 2015. Reproduce and distribute, give full attribution to Bob Nichols and VeteransToday.
1. The Radiation charts and graphs of the EPA at http://www2.epa.gov/radnet Don’t skip the “2” in www2.
2. The EPA based reporting of www.NETC.com , an LLC.
3. * This station’s Radiation equals combined Beta and Gamma Radiation. Note: Not all locations have reporting Beta Radiation Monitors. Gamma Radiation Monitors are functioning at all these locations.
4. “…If you pollute when you DO KNOW there is NO safe dose with respect to causing extra cases of deadly cancers or heritable effects, you are committing premeditated random murder.” – John W. Gofman, Ph.D., M.D. (1918-2007), associate director, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory 1963-1969) — Comments on a Petition for Rulemaking to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, May 21, 1994.
5. CPM. “Although we can’t see it, taste it, smell it or hear it we can measure radiation and observe its effects. One way to measure radiation which the United States Environmental Protection Agency [EPA] has chosen to use on its radiation websites is in Counts Per Minute. Each Count is One Radioactive Decay.” Quote from the ‘Your Radiation, This Week.’” Apr 3, 2015.
6. Tritium Production – Nuclear Weapons fas.org/nuke/intro/nuke/tritium.htm Federation of American
Scientists, Tritium (3H) is essential to the construction of boosted-fission nuclear weapons.
Posted by Bob Nichols on June 5, 2015, With 4453 Reads Filed under Of Interest. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.