(San Francisco) Jun 19, 2015 – Good Day, this is “Your Radiation This Week.” These are the recorded Radiation Highs that affected people this week around the United States and in your neighborhood. Let’s get right to it.
RADIATION CPM* CITY STATE
*Listed in Counts per Minute, a Count is One Radioactive Decay Registered by the Instrument.
Partial Counts are noted. Uncounted radiation would make the actual Count higher.
- Normal Radiation is 5 to 20 CPM. 
- 488 CPM Concord, NH Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined.
- 342 CPM Boston, MA Partial Radiation Data Only.
- 296 CPM New York City, NY. Partial.
- 624 CPM Pittsburgh, PA. Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined. Welcome
- 614 CPM Raleigh, NC. Partial.
- 325 CPM Atlanta, GA. Partial.
- 502 CPM Miami, FL. Partial.
- 232 CPM Chicago, IL. Partial.
- 346 CPM Ft Wayne, IN. Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 291 CPM Indianapolis, IN. Partial.
- 525 CPM St Paul, MN. Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 448 CPM Lincoln, NE. Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 318 CPM Des Moines, IA. Partial.
- 462 CPM Aberdeen, SD. Partial.
- 458 CPM Rapid City, SD. Partial.
- 360 CPM Kansas City, KA. Partial.
- 269 CPM Tulsa, OK. Partial.
- 608 CPM Little Rock, AR. Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 271 CPM Dallas, TX. Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 387 CPM San Angelo, TX. Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 318 CPM Lubbock, TX. Partial.
- 365 CPM South Valley, NM. Partial.
- —- CPM Albuquerque, NM.
- 375 CPM Grand Junction, CO. Partial. They are back, Gamma only.
- 866 CPM Billings, MT. Partial.
- 554 CPM Phoenix, AZ. Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 672 CPM Tucson, AZ. Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 225 CPM Las Vegas, NV. Partial.
- 371 CPM San Diego, CA. Partial.
- 553 CPM Bakersfield, CA. Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
- 317 CPM Los Angeles, CA. Partial.
- 217 CPM San Francisco, CA. Partial.
- 456 CPM Spokane, WA. Partial.
Highest Recorded Radioactive City in America This Week
Congrats to Billings, Montana! Billings is once again the Highest Recorded Radiation City in the United States with 866 CPM! Just think, the 866 CPM is just with one of the four usual radiation measurements, too.
Welcome Pittsburgh, to America’s Most Radioactive Cities List
Welcome Pittsburgh, PA to “Your Radiation this Week.” Pittsburgh is no slouch when it comes to radiation, that’s for sure! Pittsburgh had been occupied for centuries by First Peoples then by Whites; but, all that is what was, things are different now. Pittsburgh blew through the list with a 624 CPM radiation high this week. Glad to see you, Pittsburgh, taking your place with America’s most radioactive cities!
Where is this stuff coming from?
It is clear from the EPA records that American cities are much more radioactive than they were 70 years ago. Normal radiation levels are 5 to 20 CPM. Yet we saw a 921 CPM reading last week from Billings, Montana and 786 CPM from Bakersfield, California. Where is this poison coming from since it is all man made? There are from one to many sources for the Rad.
The Earth was quite radiation free till Madame Curie started extracting polonium and radium, by hand. Marie and Pierre wrote a paper on it in 1898. She got a Nobel Prize and cancerous, rotten hands for her trouble.
She set off a race for Uranium and Uranium daughter products that has not stopped and likely will not stop.
One thing is for sure. Uranium, reactors and the Oxygen we breathe cannot coexist . The Oxygen you breathe is going the way of the dinosaur; and, of course, so shall we. This was discovered in 1954. It did not phase the pro-nukers, it just spurred them on to go get more Uranium. That is the element that is the source of making nuclear bombs.
Just two countries, the US and Russia, have manufactured some 60,000 nukes to date. Adroitly targeted, it only takes about 300 one megaton Nukes to wipe out civilization on Earth. Don’t believe me? Draw up your own target list for 300 nukes, calculate the fallout and see for yourself.
Then, of course, the 438 or so nuclear power plants would blow up, too. That is the coup de grace though most will be dead already. That is what we have to look forward to on Earth. After everybody is dead the exploding nuke power plants are just fireworks on a dead planet. The Earth will survive; we will not.
I looked up the five year history of EPA measurements for Miami, Florida. Everybody has heard of Miami and the city is regularly the setting for popular TV shows and movies. Miami is also a travel and retirement destination. “With 14.5 million visitors in 2014, Greater Miami and the Beaches are one of the world’s most popular destinations.”
However, Miami visitors get a little more than they bargained for. Almost five years ago on Aug 6, 2010 visitors and residents were dodging the Rads at 267 CPM. However, on June 11, 2015 Miami had almost doubled the Rads to 502 CPM. That is an increase of 47 CPM per year.
At this rate, unless it is changed by something, Miami will reach 1,000 CPM in a short ten and a half years. The “something” to change the rate of increase of the Rads is unknown at this time.
I do know this, whatever it is it will costs lots of tax money to develop and even then there are no guarantees. Maybe a properly motivated Miami Chamber of Commerce can make the difference when 70 years of nuclear research has produced exactly Nothing. Instead, nuclear clean up research is a huge Time and Money Suck on the nation.
Given the life and death consequences to Humans of the Rad researchers’ successes or failures, non-productive nuclear investigations should be punishable by long mandatory prison terms in a state run prison in some state like Louisiana or the death penalty.
Many Louisiana prisons are profit-making outfits. They’d probably welcome the business. This is no game so let’s get serious. Find the Cure or Go to jail and get the Death penalty in Louisiana!
Are you aware Miami Florida is at 502 CPM for radioactivity?
- No (69%, 182 Votes)
- Yes (31%, 81 Votes)
Total Voters: 263
Have a wonderful radioactive weekend and remember to Dodge the Rads, it’s dangerous out there!
Copyright by Bob Nichols @ 2015. Reproduce and distribute, give full attribution to Bob Nichols and VeteransToday.
1. The Radiation charts and graphs of the EPA at http://www2.epa.gov/radnet Don’t skip the “2” in www2.
2. The EPA based reporting of www.NETC.com, an LLC.
3. * This station’s Radiation equals combined Beta and Gamma Radiation. Note: Not all locations have reporting Beta Radiation Monitors. Gamma Radiation Monitors are functioning at all these locations.
4. “…If you pollute when you DO KNOW there is NO safe dose with respect to causing extra cases of deadly cancers or heritable effects, you are committing premeditated random murder.” – John W. Gofman, Ph.D., M.D. (1918-2007), associate director, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory 1963-1969) — Comments on a Petition for Rulemaking to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, May 21, 1994.
5. CPM. “Although we can’t see it, taste it, smell it or hear it we can measure radiation and observe its effects. One way to measure radiation which the United States Environmental Protection Agency [EPA] has chosen to use on its radiation websites is in Counts Per Minute. Each Count is One Radioactive Decay.” Quote from the ‘Your Radiation, This Week.’” Apr 3, 2015.
6. Digilert 100 Promotional Flyer pdf, “Normal background is 5-20 CPM.” http://keison.co.uk/seinternational_digilert100.shtml Copyright @ 2015 Keison International Ltd – All Rights Reserved.
7. Miami Research and Statistics,”With 14.5 million visitors in 2014, Greater Miami and the Beaches is one of the world’s most popular destinations.” http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/sitecore/content/partners/tools-and-resources/research-and-statistics
8. “Atomic Suicide?” Russell and Lao Russell, http://abundanthope.net/artman2/uploads/1/Atomic_Suicide.pdf
9. Madame Curies’ Hands, https://www.awesomestories.com/asset/view/X-Ray-Experimentation-Injured-Hands
Posted by Bob Nichols on June 20, 2015, With 6651 Reads Filed under Of Interest. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.