Exercise is the answer! For both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics exercise will reduce the need for insulin and oral hypoglycemic medications, improve the ability of the body to improve glycemic (sugar) control, and increase the ability to control body weight.
Knowledge of the various aspects of diabetes is the basis for decisions about exercise, diet, blood glucose monitoring, weight control, use of medications, vascular risk factors, foot and eye care.
Diabetes Mellitus is not a single disease, but a group of metabolic disorders that all share the feature of hyperglycemia or an abnormal excess of sugar in the blood. An excess of sugar in the blood may not seem to be that important but chronic hyperglycemia will cause damage to organ systems such as the kidney, eyes, nerves and blood vessels.
The VA has the increased challenge of meeting the needs of the veterans returning from OIF and OEF.
Chemotherapy and radiation therapy, the primary treatments recommended by the health industry, rarely “cure” or eliminate cancer. Find out more>>>
- If one idiot manages to kill themselves or maim themselves, that fails to excuse the rest of us from using something like some sense in the whole thing. I’ve run with a rifle with a bayonet on it, and with scissors, and haven’t hurt myself with either. Guess which one I heard a lot about? Oddly, the things that can really hurt us, like a Republican-dominated Congress or Mitt Romney, seem to be missed completely.
Sergeant First Class David McNease (retired), US Army, Bronze star recipient combat veteran was openly discriminated against by the Veterans Affairs.
Origins a superb documentary is available this weekend only .
- One of the more interesting scientists working in WWII for Dr. Josef Mengele on the German Ebola program was a Portuguese doctor, Jose Ferreira, whose daughter, Teresa, is married to Senator John Kerry.
Here, I propose a unifying model of individual health.1 The model allows one to understand personal health in terms of chronic “self-image incongruence”, in an identity crisis caused by any dramatic change of life circumstances.
- These guys aren’t stupid. President-designate Boehner would probably be in tears. McConnell would be doing his turtle routine. This is ultimate Defeatist karate — two leaders who don’t want to be in charge of the government.
Obama’s Affordable Care Act (ACA) falls way short of promised benefits. It’s outrageously expensive.
Breaking News! Something very strange is going on in California and New Mexico right now.
“Shall we dance” ~ nervously spoken from a shy Palestinian boy to an equally nervous young Israeli girl, is breaking down fear based separation walls that have existed in the Middle East for decades.
Gulf War Illness came from the US bombing of Iraq in 1991. It was quite simple actually. We sent bombers over Iraq to destroy strategic, operational and tactical targets in Iraq.
Before they jetted out for their urgent, desperately needed summer vacation, our tireless, selfless, oh-so-humble representatives in Congress managed to pass a bill that will inject some $17 billion and a measure of flexibility into the Veterans Administration.
- When combat veterans with PTSD lovingly relate to their special needs pets ~ they are in essence setting the stage to fully love and forgive themselves
The talk in American Legion and Veterans of Foreign War halls and barrooms across Montana has been about Sen. John Walsh since the Democrat linked a cribbed research project he wrote in 2007 to post-traumatic stress disorder.
Temple University researchers eliminate HIV virus from human cells.
The Institute for Health and Environment, University at Albany has received funding from the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs of the Department of Defense for a Gulf War Illness research project involving veterans of the 1990-1991 Persian Gulf War who live in Washington D.C./Baltimore area.
Already pilloried for long wait times for medical appointments, the beleaguered Department of Veterans Affairs has fallen short of another commitment….
VATVA (Veterans Against The V.A. and Corruption) officials met with State Congressman David Jolly.
As a taxpayer I always want to know where my tax dollars are going and what they are paying for.
The Obama administration said Saturday it will allow more veterans to obtain health care at private hospitals and clinics in an effort to improve their treatment.
Veterans can spend an entire lifetime dealing with the trauma of war.
- DARPA, NSA, CIA and a host of other agencies and private corporations are dedicated to research and development of human-control technologies. These entities madly race ahead, developing ever more demonic technologies. The questions have to be asked – how many times can a person be killed – and what are they trying to prove?
A bill was rejected by the Colorado House State, Veterans, and Military Affairs committee Monday that would have added post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) to the list of ‘debilitating medical conditions’ that qualify for a medical marijuana recommendation.
Sean Azzariti, a former corporal in the Marines, says medical marijuana saved his life.
When Paul decided again it was time to do something about his drug addiction, and PTSD he knew the usual routes wouldn’t work.
It starts as a rare case of some unknown illness, usually in an obscure area of the world so as not to be immediately recognized by the local medicine man.