VeteransToday.com is designed as a place where readers can freely comment on the issues of the day and contribute to the discourse
MESSAGE FROM THE GENERAL MANAGER:
1 WARNING POLICY: Be advised that VT now has a 1 warning policy. In other words, if a commenter violates said policy herein, they will be given 1 warning to get back in line. If another violation is committed after said warning, their account will be deleted along with ALL their comments. We are very sorry to implement this harsh measure but to insure the integrity of the discourse, we must impose such measures. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Signed, John Allen, GM of VT
In order to ensure high-quality discussion and contributions, we have some simple and common-sense rules to follow.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in a warning by VeteransToday.com moderators or in some instances (for particularly grievous offenses or after repeated warnings), suspension or termination of your commenting privileges, your account, or access to VeteransToday.com itself.
- Do not harass, stalk, bully, or otherwise abuse any user on VeteransToday.com. While we welcome healthy debate, there is a clear line between enthusiastic discussion and “flaming”. When in doubt, try to take a step back and see if your actions might be construed as an attack on someone as opposed to healthy disagreement. Remember, if someone harasses you, don’t harass them back – simply report the offending content to us.
- Do not post any content which could be construed as hate speech – this includes racism, sexism, homophobia, and other such content which may advocate bigotry.
- Keep posts on-topic. Discussion should remain centered around the topic of the page in question. While discussions can evolve over time, please try to keep your comments related to the original topic.
- Do not vandalize the site. This can include uploading objectionable content to your profile, maliciously deleting other users’ contributions or making inappropriate edits to the Wiki, and other such actions.
- Do not spam the site. Repeatedly posting identical comments (“flooding”), posting commercial messages, or the like are not conducive to the site’s purpose and we will respond accordingly.
- Do not post any content which is invasive of another person’s privacy. This includes posting an individual’s non-public email address, telephone number, address, or other personal details. For instance, posting a Senator’s public office telephone number is acceptable; posting their home telephone number is not.
If you feel that a comment presented on VT violates policy, please report via email to email@example.com
Your mail will be sent to our board Editorial Board members for review. Please be specific in your report and include the URL address, title of article and comment and any other information that you would think helpful for a review. The board will take action and respond back to you.