Jim W. Dean – We have another excellent backgrounder today from Uri on the relationship between Abbas and Arafat throughout the tumultuous Palestinian Authority days, until Arafat died and the long laboring Abbas finally took over.
Jim W. Dean – I give Uri much all credit for his many years of peace work. But he has been as unsuccessful as Abbas, and fails to see the similarity.
Sami Jamil Jadallah – The Palestinians must forget about the two states and independence from Israel. Their independence and freedom come when they are full and equal citizens of the One State for all of its people.
Sami Jamil Jadallah – Mahmoud Abbas spoke at the UN and denounced Israel for its failings to honor the terms of Oslo Accord; and warned that the PA will no longer honor its obligations under Oslo. Wow what a bombshell!
Jim W. Dean – Almost in the busy day of the UN Security Council dueling and the first Russian air strikes against ISIL, was the Palestinians having an historic day having their flag raised at the UN.
Sami Jamil Jadallah – The Palestinian people, in exile or Diaspora, must organize into a “legal entity” that can challenge a corrupt and failed PLO, then take the challenge to Israel to gain either freedom and independence, or one state for all of its citizens.
What does Bibi’s win mean to the different stakeholders?
– “But we salute Uri today for his excellent insider’s presentation of the twisted dynamics of Israel’s new Intifada roll of the dice.”
– “When three Israeli teens were murdered, under very questionable circumstances…we ended up over 12,000 Palestinian casualties, the new Zionist math.”
– Uri Avnery – There must be Palestinian elections, with a new government accepted by all Palestinian factions and recognized by the world community.
– Uri Avnery…”If Mahmoud Abbas succeeds in reaching a peace agreement with Israel, Hamas will accept it – provided it is ratified by a referendum.”
– “the US is married to this concept of “anyone who can defend themselves is a security threat and we reserve the right to attack them when we choose”…
– Uri…”Neither the Israelis nor the Palestiaians have a strategy other than terrorizing the civilian population of the other side.”
– Uri Avnery – What does it mean for “both” to stew in their own juice? For Israel, it can continue to build new settlements in the occupied West Bank
Mahmoud Abbas, the PLO, Fatah and Hamas should use the “unity agreement” reached last week in Gaza as a first step toward redeeming their sins and crimes committed against the Palestinian people for all those years of failing, incompetency, corruption and decadence and as a first step toward a One State Solution, the only way forward for permanent solution.
Every year at this time, the Palestinians remember the “Nakba” or catastrophe and mourn their failings, while Israel celebrates its independence and success as regional and world power.
The meeting that took place in Nablus on Sunday the 4th of November 2012 between Palestinian Oligarchs and officials from the office of Mahmoud Abbas and Israeli investors and businessmen, mainly those heavily invested in Jewish Settlements, was not out of the blue.
As President Barack Obama steps off Air Force One and into the tarmac at Lod Airport, he should remember the bloodied hands of the United States, responsible directly and indirectly for the death and murder of tens of thousands of Israeli Jews and hundreds of thousands of Palestinians, Lebanese, and Egyptians.