Sami Jamil Jadallah – Mahmoud Abbas spoke at the UN and denounced Israel for its failings to honor the terms of Oslo Accord; and warned that the PA will no longer honor its obligations under Oslo. Wow what a bombshell!
Jim W. Dean – Almost in the busy day of the UN Security Council dueling and the first Russian air strikes against ISIL, was the Palestinians having an historic day having their flag raised at the UN.
Sami Jamil Jadallah – The Palestinian people, in exile or Diaspora, must organize into a “legal entity” that can challenge a corrupt and failed PLO, then take the challenge to Israel to gain either freedom and independence, or one state for all of its citizens.
What does Bibi’s win mean to the different stakeholders?
– “But we salute Uri today for his excellent insider’s presentation of the twisted dynamics of Israel’s new Intifada roll of the dice.”
– “When three Israeli teens were murdered, under very questionable circumstances…we ended up over 12,000 Palestinian casualties, the new Zionist math.”
– Uri Avnery – There must be Palestinian elections, with a new government accepted by all Palestinian factions and recognized by the world community.
– Uri Avnery…”If Mahmoud Abbas succeeds in reaching a peace agreement with Israel, Hamas will accept it – provided it is ratified by a referendum.”
– “the US is married to this concept of “anyone who can defend themselves is a security threat and we reserve the right to attack them when we choose”…
– Uri…”Neither the Israelis nor the Palestiaians have a strategy other than terrorizing the civilian population of the other side.”
– Uri Avnery – What does it mean for “both” to stew in their own juice? For Israel, it can continue to build new settlements in the occupied West Bank
Mahmoud Abbas, the PLO, Fatah and Hamas should use the “unity agreement” reached last week in Gaza as a first step toward redeeming their sins and crimes committed against the Palestinian people for all those years of failing, incompetency, corruption and decadence and as a first step toward a One State Solution, the only way forward for permanent solution.
Every year at this time, the Palestinians remember the “Nakba” or catastrophe and mourn their failings, while Israel celebrates its independence and success as regional and world power.
The meeting that took place in Nablus on Sunday the 4th of November 2012 between Palestinian Oligarchs and officials from the office of Mahmoud Abbas and Israeli investors and businessmen, mainly those heavily invested in Jewish Settlements, was not out of the blue.
As President Barack Obama steps off Air Force One and into the tarmac at Lod Airport, he should remember the bloodied hands of the United States, responsible directly and indirectly for the death and murder of tens of thousands of Israeli Jews and hundreds of thousands of Palestinians, Lebanese, and Egyptians.
– Palestinians under Jewish Occupation and in the Diaspora have to take a second look at 45 years of a failing national project and leadership
Palestine deserves full UN membership. It’s entitled to all rights and privileges afforded other Member States. Getting them is simple. It should have happened years ago.
The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and its leadership never had any legitimacy deriving from Palestinians under Occupation or in the Diaspora.
Longtime Israeli collaborators Mahmoud Abbas and Salam Fayyad scheduled West Bank municipal elections on October 20, 2012.
As Palestinians and Arabs around the world remember the Nakba and the forced exile of hundreds of thousands of Palestinian, Israeli and other Jews are simultaneously celebrating their ‘victory’ and the establishment of a Zionist-Apartheid State.
“The Zionists controlling Wall Street and the presidential elections is not a good enough reason for selling out America and its pride in that shamefull way. There is more to this than we all think, a hell of a lot more, something big is hiding under the surface like an iceberg, something as big as 9/11”
The Palestinian President Abbas is the only person who can save our world’s ‘single super power’ from a diplomatic fiasco….
Previous articles discussed likely Palestinian statehood and full UN membership if proper procedures are followed.
The news coming out of Cairo in the last 48 hours is very surprising to every one. Most of all to Bibi Netanyahu who gave Mahmoud Abbas a choice; either peace with Israel or reconciliation with Hamas and who ordered his security forces to put more squeeze on Gaza. Bibi forgetting that Mahmoud Abbas has been knocking on the doors of Israel on his hands and knees begging for peace with or without Hamas for over 20 years and there was one answer, Jewish Occupation and expansion of Jewish Settlements colonies, more important than peace with the Palestinians.
Timing is everything when waging war “by way of deception,” the motto that has long guided Israeli war-planners. Whenever Israel’s geopolitical goals are threatened, chaos is assured. In national security terminology, the January 24 bombing at Moscow’s busiest airport was “out of theater repositioning.” First among Tel Aviv’s priorities is their need to maintain traction […]
Obama has signalled his coming complete surrender to Zionism and its lobby By Alan Hart for Veterans Today He did it with seven words. “Ultimately the U.S. cannot impose a solution.” He was speaking at the White House the day before the start of the new round of direct talks between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin […]
The legitimacy of Israel is no longer threatened. It’s already lost. Long gone. Kaput. Founded by extremists and terrorists, it’s been downhill ever since.