Jim W. Dean – “We lonely crosses do stand here, as sentries for soldiers who no longer fear the shells, the gas, the machine gun chatter, and all the bad generals… for that matter.”
The Canadian Museum and the Giant Picnic to commemorate D Day were enjoyable events.
– What we have is literally a war going on against people by not only their respective governments, but a whole host of private and foreign actors
– For fighter pilots with no parachutes, and tracer ammo to light up their fuel tanks, they got to ride a Roman Candle down, or jump if they could
– People have long denounced any glorification of combat as a desecretion of human life, but that is a rather a selective evaluation.
– M I Bhat – The recent headline ‘White House urges Jewish leaders not to lobby for new Iran sanctions’ – beats every word said and written so far.
– We celebrate and honor all of those who fought with a poetic journey down memory lane to the first war time photojournalists