(San Francisco) Jun 12, 2015 – Good Day, this is “Your Radiation This Week.” These are the recorded Radiation Highs that affected people this week around the United States and in your neighborhood. Let’s get right to it.
RADIATION CPM* CITY STATE
*Listed in Counts per Minute, a Count is One Radioactive Decay Registered by the Instrument.
Partial Counts are noted. Uncounted radiation would make the actual Count higher. “Normal Background is 5-20 CPM.”
374 CPM Concord, NH Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined.
342 CPM Boston, MA Partial Radiation Data Only.
241 CPM New York City Partial.
501 CPM Raleigh, NC Partial.
323 CPM Atlanta, GA Partial.
502 CPM Miami, FL Partial.
277 CPM Chicago, IL Partial.
621 CPM Madison, WI Gamma and Beta Combined. Welcome!
487 CPM Ft Wayne, IN, Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
270 CPM Indianapolis, IN, Partial.
534 CPM St Paul, MN, Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
549 CPM Lincoln, NE, Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
246 CPM Des Moines, IA Partial.
328 CPM Aberdeen, SD Partial.
462 CPM Rapid City, SD Partial.
329 CPM Kansas City, KA Partial.
290 CPM Tulsa, OK Partial.
628 CPM Ft. Smith, AR Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM. Welcome!
512 CPM Little Rock, AR Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
385 CPM Dallas, TX Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
441 CPM San Angelo, TX Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
282 CPM Lubbock, TX Partial.
489 CPM South Valley, NM Partial.
— CPM Albuquerque, NM, NOT REPORTING, Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
379 CPM Grand Junction, CO Partial. They are back, Gamma only.
921 CPM Billings, MT, Partial. Highest
555 CPM Phoenix, AZ Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
759 CPM Tucson, AZ Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
178 CPM Las Vegas, NV Partial.
372 CPM San Diego, CA Partial.
330 CPM Los Angeles, CA Partial.
817 CPM Bakersfield, CA Gamma and Beta Radiation Combined CPM.
250 CPM San Francisco, CA Partial.
477 CPM Spokane, WA Partial.
Across the United States from East to West and North to South, this is “Your Radiation This Week.”
High Radiation City This Week
Congrats to Billings, Montana. They are the Highest Recorded Radiation City in the United States again this week with 921 CPM! Now it is Bakersfield, California at 817 CPM that trails Billings, Montana again! It looks like Bakersfield and Billings are competing to see which city has the highest EPA recorded radiation in the United States. Quite the competition here and it was years in the making!
Welcome Ft. Smith, AR
Welcome Ft. Smith, AR to “Your Radiation this Week.” Big, bold Ft. Smith kicked down the door with a 628 CPM high this week. Glad to see you, Ft. Smith, here with America’s most radioactive cities!
Welcome Madison, WI,
Welcome Madison WI, to “Your Radiation this Week.” Northern city Madison, WI threw down the gauntlet with a 621 CPM high this week. Glad to see you, Madison, here with America’s most radioactive cities!
The Brits “Normal background is 5-20 CPM.”
Well, well, what do we have here? Leave it to the radiation monitor companies to simply and forthrightly state the Normal CPM levels for their world wide customers.
Many of you have been looking at the EPA Recorded Radiation Highs This Week and no telling what you are thinking. One of the first things probably is “What is a normal Level?” Leave it to the British to spell it out for their customers in a no-nonsense manner – “Normal background is 5-20 CPM.” It does not get much plainer than that. See Source Note 6 below for Copyright and website information.
Nope! No complicated math or evasions on this. If you can count to 5, maybe 20, you are good to go and ready to start making radioactive comparisons between specific places and cities.
To be conservative, subtract the higher value of the Normal Radiation range (20) from your radiation level. If it is still above 20 CPM, it is too high. Investigate to discover the source of the radiation and take protective measures.
Do you think your city's radiation level is too high?
- Yes (90%, 376 Votes)
- No (10%, 43 Votes)
Total Voters: 419
Have a wonderful radioactive weekend and remember to Dodge the Rads, it’s dangerous out there! Get your next issue right here. Stay informed of your radioactive weather conditions this week right here!
Copyright by Bob Nichols @ 2015. Reproduce and distribute, give full attribution to Bob Nichols and VeteransToday.
1. The Radiation charts and graphs of the EPA at http://www2.epa.gov/radnet Don’t skip the “2” in www2.
2. The EPA based reporting of NETC.com, an LLC.
3. * This station’s Radiation equals combined Beta and Gamma Radiation. Note: Not all locations have reporting Beta Radiation Monitors. Gamma Radiation Monitors are functioning at all these locations.
4. “…If you pollute when you DO KNOW there is NO safe dose with respect to causing extra cases of deadly cancers or heritable effects, you are committing premeditated random murder.” – John W. Gofman, Ph.D., M.D. (1918-2007), associate director, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory 1963-1969) — Comments on a Petition for Rulemaking to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, May 21, 1994.
5. CPM. “Although we can’t see it, taste it, smell it or hear it we can measure radiation and observe its effects. One way to measure radiation which the United States Environmental Protection Agency [EPA] has chosen to use on its radiation websites is in Counts Per Minute. Each Count is One Radioactive Decay.” Quote from the ‘Your Radiation, This Week.’” Apr 3, 2015.
6. Digilert 100 Promotional Flyer pdf, “Normal background is 5-20 CPM.” http://keison.co.uk/seinternational_digilert100.shtml Copyright @ 2015 Keison International Ltd – All Rights Reserved