Saudis fear Iran shedding light on Hajj tragedy: Iran official

4
286
hajj-mecca-1024x768
Mecca, the holiest place in Islam. Every Muslim should make the Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca) at least once in their adult lives.

While the western world has it’s attention focused on the possible slaying of 50 people in Florida, the Islamic world is still trying to get answers about the horrific tragedy of 24th September, 2014 when thousands of pilgrims making the Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca were crushed to death. Mecca is part of Saudi Arabia and the Saudi authorities have raised the ire of the rest of the Islamic world by handling the entire mess incredibly badly right from the beginning. The investigations or lack of and the lack of transparency  have infuriated countries such as Iran, who lost hundreds of their citizens in the disaster; the cover-up has made it impossible to get to the bottom of events, leaving many to point the finger of blame at the Saudi authorities for, at the very least, incompetently handling the crowds of people. The treatment of the dead and their relatives has alleged to have been callous, uncaring, almost inhuman. It is claimed that Islamic death and burial rituals were completely ignored and bulldozers used to pile up heaps of bodies before loading them onto trucks to be hauled away. Sadly this type of behaviour is all too standard practice for the cruel Wahhabi Kingdom of Saud and it’s autocratic, pampered, fatuous ruling family, so even if the photos of bulldozers are bogus, it is understandable why such allegations arise towards the Saudi regime.

__________
Syria Truths
Saudis fear Iran shedding light on Hajj tragedy: Iran official

The head of Iran’s Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization says Saudi officials barred Iranians from taking part in 2016 Hajj pilgrimage as they fear more revelations on the scope of a deadly human crush last year.

Saeed Ohadi said on Saturday that Riyadh “strangely fear the presence of Iranian pilgrims and disclosures on the Mina disaster with regard to the failure of Saudi officials in ensuring the safety of pilgrims; therefore, they created obstacles for our pilgrims.”

“One of the reasons that the Saudis refused to accept Iranian pilgrims is because of their concern about the exposure of the number of martyrs in Mina as well as contacts between Iranian pilgrims and those from other countries,” Ohadi said.

On September 24, 2015, thousands of people lost their lives near Mecca after two large masses of pilgrims converged at a crossroads during the symbolic ceremony of the stoning of Satan.

The crush was the deadliest incident in the history of the pilgrimage. According to an Associated Press count based on official statements from the 36 countries that lost citizens in the disaster, more than 2,400 pilgrims were killed in the incident.

Saudi Arabia claims nearly 770 people were killed in the incident, but officials at Iran’s Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization say about 4,700 people, including over 460 Iranian pilgrims, lost their lives.

Elsewhere in his remarks, the Iranian official noted that the fate of many victims from countries other than Iran is still not known.

The Islamic Republic is the only country that managed to determine the fate of all its missing and dead nationals thanks to the decisive remarks by Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei in that regard, he added.

The Leader had called on Riyadh following the disaster to accept its responsibility in the tragedy, help repatriate the bodies of the dead to Iran quickly and provide treatment to the injured.

Ohadi further accused the Riyadh regime of having adopted a “wrong approach” both prior to the incident and in dealing with its aftermath.

“This year, we adopted a dignified position in talks with Saudis and undoubtedly, the Islamic Republic of Iran’s performance would make Saudi Arabia step back and accept the duty to ensure the safety of our pilgrims,” Ohadi said.

Last month, Iranian authorities cancelled Hajj after Saudi Arabia refused to guarantee the safety of its pilgrims and made unconventional demands instead. The decision came following several rounds of failed negotiations.

On May 29, Iranian Minister of Culture and Islamic Guidance Ali Jannati also slammed Riyadh for manipulating Hajj for its own “political” goals.

Biography
Assistant Managing Editor
Ian Greenhalgh is a photographer and historian with a particular interest in military history and the real causes of conflicts.

His studies in history and background in the media industry have given him a keen insight into the use of mass media as a creator of conflict in the modern world.

His favored areas of study include state sponsored terrorism, media manufactured reality and the role of intelligence services in manipulation of populations and the perception of events.

DISCLOSURES: All content herein is owned by author exclusively.  Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners or technicians. Some content may be satirical in nature. All images within are full responsibility of author and NOT VT.

About VT - Read Full Policy Notice - Comment Policy

4 COMMENTS

  1. Personally, I believe that the cause of this stampede was a deliberate act of terror, possibly an international agent using a smaller portable version of the (VMADS) microwave crowd control weapon (Active Denial System). This weapon/device gives it target(s) the sensation of having their ‘skin on fire’ and almost immediately try to flee from the danger.

  2. Hello Ian
    As the photograph Clearly shows FRONT-END LOADER’S, NOT A BULLDOZER Ian..
    But still inhuman to say the least.

Comments are closed.