When things get too politically hectic or unpredictable, I usually turn to humor or satire to help lead me to another perspective and in the case of this year’s 2016 Presidential election ~ the Onion brilliantly delivers: Allen L Roland. PhD
With the primaries behind them, the presumptive nominees from both parties must now assess how to approach the general election. Here is how Donald Trump is strategizing his campaign moving forward (Most are the Courtesy of the Onion)
- Dispense with broad racist rhetoric from the primary season and replace it with specific racist policy
- Increase fundraising with targeted collections from prominent Trump University debtors
- Eventually get around to researching issues beyond immigration that a president might encounter
- Hand out free, colorful patches to Muslim Americans
- Schedule several sympathetic morning show appearances with entire family except Tiffany
- Continue financing up-to-the-minute research on the latest hearsay
- Take three-week campaign sabbatical to volunteer at rural Guatemalan health clinic
- Sew up the white supremacist vote once and for all with pretty great tweet scheduled for August 3
- Build a national campaign infrastructure if and when it feels necessary to do so.
. Continue to build on campaign of fear, intimidation and Islamophobia
. Plagiarize Obama’s acceptance speech similar to Melania’s plagiarizing portions of Michelle’s convention speech of 2008.
. Rope in the sheeple with a Nixonian Law and Order campaign.
Of course, I will not be choosing the lesser of two evils and will instead be voting for the good Dr. Jill Stein ~ the Green Party’s presumptive nominee for President and look forward to her presence in the Presidential debates. God help us all in November. See Stein Bio ~
“The Art of the Deal” made America see Trump as a charmer with an unfailing knack for business. Tony Schwartz helped create that myth ~ and regrets it“: Jane Mayer, New Yorker
Heart centered spiritual consultant and advisor Allen L Roland can be contacted at [email protected] Allen is also a lecturer and writer who shares a weekly political and social commentary on his web log and website allenroland.com. He is also featured columnist on Veterans Today and is a featured guest on many radio and Television programs