Military

US, Saudis to grant 9,000 ISIS fighters free passage from Iraqi Mosul to Syria – source

The US and Saudi Arabia have agreed to grant free passage to thousands of Islamic State militants before the Iraqi city of Mosul is stormed. The jihadists will be redeployed to fight against the government in Syria, a military-diplomatic source told RIA Novosti.

“More than 9,000 Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS, ISIL) militants will be redeployed from Mosul to the eastern regions of Syria to carry out a major offensive operation, which involves capturing Deir ez-Zor and Palmyra,” the source said.

Still from Facebook video. © Jürgen TodenhöferAccording to the anonymous diplomatic source, US President Barack Obama has already sanctioned an operation to liberate Mosul, due to take place in October.

During the storm of the city in northern Iraq the US-led coalition’s planes would only strike detached, vacated or uninhabited buildings, while keeping terrorists as targets, he said.

In September, US Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter confirmed that Washington would send an additional 600 troops to Iraq to help liberate Mosul at the request of the local authorities.

The source suggested that redeployment of IS militants is necessary because “Washington must somehow counter Russia’s achievements in Syria, try to diminish their importance.”

“Apart from the purely political dividends, the other purpose of this operation, obviously, will be to discredit the success of Russian Airspace forces. And, of course, it’s an attempt to undermine Syrian President (Bashar) Assad,” he said.

The leadership of Saudi Arabia’s General Intelligence Directorate will be the mediators and guarantors of the agreement on safe passage for the jihadists from Mosul, he claimed.

The source added that a similar scheme had been used by the US and its allies during the liberation of the Iraqi city of Fallujah.

Damascus has accused Washington for coordinating with IS after an airstrike against the Syrian government troops near the city of Deir ez-Zor on September 17. Washington said that the bombing, in which 83 soldiers were killed and over 100 injured, was a mistake.

General Posting Account
VT Editors is a General Posting account managed by Jim W. Dean and Gordon Duff. All content herein is owned and copyrighted by Jim W. Dean and Gordon Duff

5 Replies to “US, Saudis to grant 9,000 ISIS fighters free passage from Iraqi Mosul to Syria – source

    1. Hopefully! What a gift to Syria, to catch these mercenaries out in the open, quite without cover. Then again, the US will probably do as it has done before, give them night-time chopper rides to safety. Maybe Syria could try out the re-deployed SS300s…you know, some hands on training…spotting and targeting unknown violations of Syrian airspace. “We thought they were ducks”…sorry America, it was an accident.

  1. Remember Ramadi? After its liberation from ISIS, the Yanqui wanted a convoy of their pet jihadist filth left alone, but the Iraqi Air Force had other ideas. The demolition of these scum was highly satisfying.
    I fully expect to see it again, as the Popular Mobilisation Forces give Uncle Shitheel the raised finger.

  2. Disgustingly truthful. Or at least, it has the ring of truth — for those of us who followed the U.S. since before 9/11 and the bombing, invasion & occupation of Iraq in 2003 — on false pretenses.

    Occupying Iraq enabled super-large U.S. military bases in prep to oust Assad, then invade Iran. The world’s largest U.S. embassy is in Iraq. Not many diplomats. ;-).

    The sad part is that the ultimate U.S./UK/EU targets are Russia, China & BRICS nations. For the most part, these conflicts are economic, not just geopolitical — to prevent the fall of obsolete economic systems.

    Those who are doing this are actually willing to do (probably intend to do) World War 3 — to retain power.

  3. “will be” re-deployed….so they have from between now and Saturday when all feet will be held to the fire

Comments are closed.