Nichols on Nuclear Videos for You
Visit the Your Radiation This Week video channel and peruse the Nichols on Nuclear playlist to see these, and other maps of THE RADS IN AMERICA- MAPPED! and much more.
Table of Poisoned American Cities
Total Gamma Radiation
CPM and nanoSieverts by City and State
ONE HOUR GAMMA HIGH CPM Number Times Normal, CITY ST. Count nSv/Hr Tokyo Equivalent Rad 12,739 2547.8 Times Normal, Raleigh, NC. - - 12,491 2498.4 Times Normal, ColoradoSprgs CO. - - - 11,166 2233.2 Times Normal, Navajo Lake, NM. - - 10,533 2106.6 Times Normal, Fresno, MIA CA. - - 9,844 1968.8 Times Normal, Portland, ME. - - 9,783 1956.6 Times Normal, Dodge City, MIA KS. - - 9,439 1887.8 Times Normal, Amarillo, MIA TX. - - 9,409 1881.8 Times Normal, Augusta, GA. - - 9,128 1825.6 Times Normal, NYC, MIA NY. 70 nSv/Hr 1.25 TER 9,090 1818 Times Normal, Grand Junction, CO. - - 8,973 1794.6 Times Normal, Worcester, MA. 125 nSv/Hr 2.23 TER 8,919 1783.8 Times Normal, Spokane, WA. - - 8,731 1746.2 Times Normal, Madison, WI. - - 8,691 1738.2 Times Normal, Tuscon, AZ. - - 8,671 1734.2 Times Normal, Louisville, KY. - - 8,570 1714 Times Normal, Hartford, CT. - - 8,403 1680.6 Times Normal, San Diego, CA. 110 nSv/Hr 1.96 TER 8,376 1675.2 Times Normal, Des Moines, IA. - - 8,277 1655.4 Times Normal, Little Rock, AR. - - 8,134 1626.8 Times Normal, Yuma, AZ. - - 7,907 1581.4 Times Normal, Harrisonburg, VA - - 7,845 1589 Times Normal, Denver, CO. - - 7,789 1557.8 Times Normal, Rochester, NY. 97 nSv/Hr 1.73 TER 7,766 1553.2 Times Normal, Billings, MT. - - 7,722 1544.4 Times Normal, Casper, WY. - - 7675 1535 Times Normal, Riverside, CA. - - 7,666 1532.2 Times Normal, Rapid City, SD. - - 7,635 1527 Times Normal, Bakersfield, CA. - - 7,632 1526.4 Times Normal, El Paso, TX. - - 7,537 1507.4 Times Normal, Atlanta, GA. - - 7,513 1502.6 Times Normal, Pittsburgh, PA. - - 7,505 1501 Times Normal, Tulsa, OK. - - 7,270 1454 Times Normal, Providence, RI. - - 7,241 1448.2 Times Normal, Champaign, IL. - - 7,111 1422.2 Times Normal, Bismarck, ND. - - 7,103 1420.6 Times Normal, Lexington, KY. - - 7,098 1419.6 Times Normal, Pierre, MIA SD. - - 7,061 1412.2 Times Normal, Boston, MA. - - 7,024 1404.8 Times Normal, Cleveland, OH. - - 6,996 1399.2 Times Normal, Duluth, MN. - - 6,996 1399.2 Times Normal, Virgina Beach, VA. - - 6,892 1378.4 Times Normal, Mason City, IA. - - 6,789 1357.8 Times Normal, San Bernardino, CA. - - 6,734 1346.8 Times Normal, Boise, ID. - - 6,723 1344.6 Times Normal, Kearney, NE. 301 nSv/Hr 5.37 TER 6,679 1335.8 Times Normal, Concord, NH. - - 6,644 1328.8 Times Normal, Memphis, TN. - - 6,634 1326.8 Times Normal, Idaho Falls, ID. - - 6,592 1318.4 Times Normal, Shawano, WI. - - 6,536 1307.2 Times Normal, Lincoln, NE. - - 6,484 1296.8 Times Normal, Philadelphia PA. 89 nSv/Hr 1.58 TER 6,465 1293 Times Normal, Salt Lake City, UT. - - 6,452 1290.4 Times Normal, Los Angeles, CA. 80 nSv/Hr 1.42 TER 6,379 1275.8 Times Normal, Albuquerque, NM. - - 6,168 1233.6 Times Normal, Anaheim, CA. - - 6,115 1223 Times Normal, Kansas City, KS. - - 6,108 1221.6 Times Normal, Montgomery, AL. 89 nSv/Hr 1.58 TER 6,010 1202 Times Normal, Charleston, WV. - - 6,003 1200.6 Times Normal, Reno, NV. - - 5,920 1184 Times Normal, St George, UT. - - 5,877 1175.4 Times Normal, Oklahoma City, OK. - - 5,785 1157 Times Normal, Omaha, NE. 65 nSv/Hr 1.16 TER 5,778 1155.6 Times Normal, Lockport, NY. - 5,766 1153.2 Times Normal, Wichita, KS. - - 5,713 1142.6 Times Normal, Indianapolis, IN. - - 5,692 1138.4 Times Normal, Tallahassee, FL. 79 nSv/Hr 1.41 TER 5,635 1127 Times Normal, Detroit, MI. - - 5,599 1119.8 Times Normal, Shreveport, LA. - - 5,594 1118.8 Times Normal, Laredo, TX. - - 5,492 1098.4 Times Normal, Richland, WA. 75 nSv/Hr 1.33 TER 5,412 1082.4 Times Normal, Carlsbad, NM. - - 5,381 1076.2 Times Normal, Corpus Christi, TX. - - 5,343 1068.6 Times Normal, St. Louis, MIA MO. 137 nSv/Hr 2.44 TER 5,320 1064 Times Normal St Paul MN - - 5,309 1061.8 Times Normal, Chicago, IL. 76 nSv/Hr 1.35 TER 5,284 1056.8 Times Normal, Ft Smith, AR. - - 5,192 1038.4 Times Normal, Phoenix, MIA AZ. 115 nSv/Hr 2.05 TER 5,149 1029.8 Times Normal, Richmond, VA. - - 5,136 1027.2 Times Normal, Knoxville, TN. - - 5,095 1019 Times Normal, Dallas, TX. 71 nSv/Hr 1.26 TER 5,075 1015 Times Normal, Paducah, KY. - - 5,022 1004.4 Times Normal, Birmingham, AL. 58 nSv/Hr 1.03 TER 4,713 942.6 Times Normal, Burlington, VT. 75 nSv/Hr 1.33 TER 4,704 940.8 Times Normal, Ft Worth, TX. - 4,569 913.8 Times Normal, Nashville, TN. - - 4,426 885.2 Times Normal, Washington, D.C. 85 nSv/Hr 1.51 TER 4,126 825.2 Times Normal, Houston, TX. 57 nSv/Hr 1.01 TER 3,920 784 Times Normal, San Jose, CA. 50 nSv/Hr 0.89 TER 3,888 777.6 Times Normal, Yaphank, NY. 53 nSv/Hr 0.94 TER 3,881 776.2 Times Normal, Aurora, IL IL. - - 3,530 706 Times Normal, Baton Rouge, LA. 52 nSv/Hr 0.92 TER 3,487 697.4 Times Normal, Eureka, CA. - - 3,423 684.6 Times Normal, San Francisco, CA. - - 3,275 655 Times Normal, Tampa, FL. 46 nSv/Hr 0.82 TER 3,118 623.6 Times Normal, San Antonio, TX. 57 nSv/Hr 1.01 TER 2,655 531 Times Normal, Fairbanks, AK. 69 nSv/Hr 1.23 TER 2,033 406.6 Times Normal, Anchorage, AK. 35 nSv/Hr 0.62 TER Metropolitan Toneri Park, Tokyo, JP 56 nSv/Hr One TER Baseline
Good Day! This is “Your Radiation This Week ” for the past 2 weeks. These are the recorded Total Gamma Radiation in CPM and Sievert measured highs that affected people around the United States.
Watch for: Coming up soon. Trying to have kids? The Fertility Rate in the States is Clobbered by the unrelenting Rads attack on Sperm and Eggs, not to mention Zygotes and Fetuses.
YRTW ELE is published every two weeks on Saturday. ELE is an acronym for “Extinction Level Event.” The amount of Rad in the air now Dooms Humanity to a relatively quick Extinction; Done In by our own war toys and electric utilities with nuclear power plants, how moronic is that! I can’t say it any plainer than that. The next publication dates are August 12 and August 26, 2017 on the Road to Extinction.
YRTW ELE Naming Convention. The “X” Series YRTW articles are EPA hourly radiation readings prior to 2015. The Rads are cumulative in effect. As the isotopes decay, the Rad Lethality increases. The XR Revised series contain the Annual Rad Totals from past years. Continue to #DodgeTheRads
Notice: It is necessary for public health and because the many nuclear reactors are venting radioactive gases and steam at nights and on weekends so that all residents must stay inside at nights and on weekends. Especially hard hit are the cities listed in YRTW ELE. See the latest Your Radiation This Week for the most recent list of the 98 reporting contaminated cities.
The Table of Poisoned American Cities is changed. A new Column labeled “Tokyo Equivalent Rads” is added. The acronym is designated TER, the plural is written TERs. One TER is defined as the nSv/Hour measurement at the Rad monitor in Metropolitan Toneri Park in Tokyo, Japan.
The Tokyo nSv/Hour Rad reading gives you an instant and direct comparison of your city to the Rad Monitor in Metropolitan Toneri Park in Tokyo, Japan. Don’t have a nanoSievert EPA Rad Monitor? Tell your Mayor to get one. It might even happen. Tell them it means a bunch of high paying federal jobs. The last one added was Yaphank, NY! Ever even hear of that place? … Just get one for your town, too.
If your city does possess a nanoSievert monitor, your city is most likely more radioactive than Tokyo, Japan; and Japan was atomic Bombed twice in WWII. Radiation hotter than Tokyo? Something is wayyyy not right with this picture!
Example: Today One TER = 56 nSv/Hour. The Kearney, Nebraska EPA Radiation monitor shows a reading of 301 nSv/Hour. 301/56 = 5.37 TERs; or Kearney, Nebraska is 5.37 Times More Radioactive than Tokyo, Japan. Bummer, That is totally not Cool.
Kearney, Nebraska is 5.37 Times More Radioactive than Tokyo, Japan. Bummer, That is totally not Cool.
Shearson Harris Poison Machines Killing Raleigh, North Carolina
Shearon Harris was a miracle man. He peddled nuclear poison to the simple people of North Carolina and they bought the lie hook line and sinker.
As a result, the leaking Westinghouse nuclear reactor pushes Raleigh to the very top or near the top in every Bad Bad CPM list published by YRTW in VT.
Of course, the snobbish richy-rich crowd would probably politely applaud “Sherie’s” efforts to reduce the number of use-less eaters in the land! “Bravo, Sherie!”
Colorado Springs’ 54 week Total
Colorado Springs’ cumulative Gamma Rad for the past 54 weeks is: 77,259,320 CPM. That says it all. I have no other comment, it stands alone.
Detroit’s 54 Week Total
One notable fact point about radioactive isotopes is that the radiation absorbed by humans, and other things, is cumulative. That means the Rad grows as a result of additions. The Rad you got last week or last year, or before, is still with you.
That is pretty daunting for people in Detroit and their dogs, of course. The cumulative Rad for Detroit for the past 54 weeks is 34,872,358 CPM. That’s a Bummer.
That is thirty-four million, eight hundred seventy-two thousand, three hundred fifty-eight CPM for Detroit in the previous 54 weeks ending July 1, 2017.
Amarillo and Points East and North East
It was the 5th of June in 2017 in Amarillo town down in Texas and the Total Gamma Radiation soared from 3,000 CPM to over 9,000 CPM in just hours.
Amarillo has endured 39,053,762 CPM in the past 54 weeks total. I don’t see how they can bear it.
That is thirty-nine million, fifty-three thousand, seven hundred sixty-two CPM for Amarillo, Texas. That’s a bunch of radiation for 54 weeks ending June 17, 2017.
There will be no word of warning on the radiation exposure since Amarillo is the current US hub for nuclear weapons assembly, maintenance and repair. In a few years it will be a National Sacrifice Zone, like the previous repair depots, even Russian ones at Mayak.
All I can say now is “Those poor civilians? God help them, they are in the Rad.”
It is very possible Amarillo, Texas will be the cursed successor to Hanford and Rocky Flats nuclear disasters, along with St Louis, MO and Carlsbad, NM.
The US Nuclear Security teams have a habit of blowing up and destroying enemy nuclear services. The US did so at Mayak, Russia.
It is arguable that the hundreds of fires at Hanford and Rocky Flats Nuclear Weapons plants were just the Red Team getting some payback. All this nuclear spook stuff has “plausible deniability,” of course. Make Your best guess.
Rad Readings Source: RadNet, A Directorate of the US EPA. Amarillo, TX Total Gamma Radiation was about 3,000 CPM at 03:58 Hours on June 5, 2017 and about 9,300 CPM at 13:00 [1:00PM, June 5, 2017.]
I’ll keep you advised. Watch for my updates in VT filed under the ironic VT Category: Life. This is Bob Nichols reporting.
Dr. Paolo Scampa on a 120kt Nuclear Detonation
The 120 kiloton detonation takes only 600 nanoseconds. Here Dr. Scampa describes it in only 195 words.
“An atomic bomb 120 Kt develops energy 502.08 thousand billion Joules obtained by paperless (m = E / c2) 5,016E14 Joules / (299 792 458 m / s2) = 5.58 g of material or even more simply 120 Kt * 0.0465 gr / Kt = 5,58 gr material. This digitization occurs with almost simultaneous fission 17.33 million billion billion atoms (1,733E25) contained in 6.88 kg of Pu239 (1,733E25 atoms / (6,0221415E + 23/239) atoms / gr = 6.88 kg). The rapid reaction divergent chain that leads to this explosion is accomplished in less than 600 nanoseconds and occupies about 59 neutron generations assuming that each fission emits on average 2.7 neutrons. A colossal radioactivity 4 million billion billion Becquerel (Bq 4,00E24 corresponding to 108,000 billion Curie) ensues while the temperature of the load can be up to 100 million degrees centigrade. (The initial radioactivity of the nuclear charge overdrive dizzily at time zero to 46.85 billion times if it is to Pu 239 738.22 thousand billion times the case of U235.) A such atomic explosion 120 Kt produced a fireball of about 745 meters in diameter. * 54.86 m (120 Kt0,4) * 2 = 744.71.”
by Dr. Paolo Scampa
Translated from French by Google. The original appeared in the AIPRI Blog here. (19)
Fukushima Liability set by Japanese Court
What? Sue TEPCO and the Government of Japan over Fukushima Daiichi … and Win! Incredible! You bet your bottom dollar!
Lead Attorney Katsuyoshi Suzuki is the Super Lawyer who beat the combined forces the Tokyo Electric Power Company [TEPCO,] a huge corporation and the Japanese government. He and the legal team are to be applauded world wide.
The District Court ordered “the two to pay damages totaling ¥38.55 million to 62 of 137 plaintiffs from 45 households located near the plant, which suffered a triple meltdown caused by the tsunami, awarding ¥70,000 to ¥3.5 million in compensation to each plaintiff.”
As one person wryly observed “it’s a judgement against a shell company and a bankrupt extinct-ed country. So what? there is nothing there.”
As they say, we will see what happens. The Japan Times said “In first, the ruling was the first of 30 similar class-action suits filed nationwide involving more than 10,000 plaintiffs.”
YRTW ELE readers can read the Japan Times article “In First, Government and TEPCO Found Liable for Fukushima Disaster.” Anyone can lookup the case on my Soc Media accounts. See under “Resources” below.
Have a wonderful radioactive weekend and remember to Dodge the Rads, it’s dangerous out there.
- Full List of NICHOLS ON NUCLEAR Videos
- Eco Health Alliance interactive map of killer viruses
- Your Radiation This Week channel on YouTube.com
- Follow Bob Nichols on Blog, Twitter and Nichols on Nuclear playlist on YouTube now
Copyright by Bob Nichols @ 2017: Reproduce and distribute. Give full attribution to Bob Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sources, Notes and Recommended Readings
- The Radiation charts and graphs of the EPA. Individual queries can be built at the EPA RadNet Query Builder.
- The EPA based reporting of NETC, an LLC.
- These stations’ Radiation equals Total Gamma Radiation. Gamma Radiation Monitors are reporting publicly at all these locations.
CPM. “Although we can’t see it, taste it, smell it or hear it we can measure radiation and observe its effects. One way to measure radiation which the United States Environmental Protection Agency [EPA] has chosen to use on its radiation websites is in Counts Per Minute or CPM. Each Count is One Radioactive Decay.” Quote from the ‘Your Radiation This Week’ Apr 3, 2015.
- Radiation destruction of chitin, IAEA, by Ershov, B.G.; Sukhov, N.L.; Nud’ga, L.A.; Baklagina, Yu.G.; Kozhevnikova, L.G.; Petropavlovskii, G.A. (Institute of Physical Chemistry, Moscow (Russian Federation)
- “Plutonium Air” by Dr Paolo Scampa, AIPRI Blog, Aug 19, 2016,
- “Radioactive Fertilizer,” AIPRI by Dr Paolo Scampa, September 23, 2016, AIPRI: Les engrais radioactifs,
- “Texas has highest maternal mortality rate in developed world, study finds,” By ABBY GOODNOUGH OCT. 19, 2016,
- EPA Proposal Allows Radiation Exposure in Drinking Water Equivalent to 250 Chest X-Rays a Year
“Forty-five (45) years later, the Nuclear States officially raise the amounts of “permitted radiation levels” by hundreds and sometimes thousands of times to maintain the utter and absolute dominance of the Nuclear State over everything, everywhere, for all time. No tolerance given.”
- “Baghdad” by Dr. Paolo Scampa, AIPRI, Saturday 12 November 2016
- “News Release, New Aerial Survey Identifies More Than 100 Million Dead Trees in California,” USDA Office of Communications, “This brings the total number of dead trees since 2010 to over 102 million,”
- Caribou herd in Alaska suffering from mysterious decline, November 30, 2016, Noel Kirkpatrick, MNN Mother Nature Network, “The Central Arctic caribou herd in Alaska is experiencing a “steep decline” in its population, and scientists are researching the reasons why.”
- “Facing a Dying Nation,” a line from the 1979 Tribal Rock Musical HAIR. A scene with “Facing a Dying Nation” starring Treat Williams from the movie is here: The character Pfc. Berger is KIA in Vietnam in 1968. Or YouRepeat.com
- It is Eugen Wigner’s name as a Verb. It’s about all things Wignerized. See Notes on Your Radiation This Week No. 69 and 70
- sie·vert, ˈsēvərt/, noun Physics, noun: sievert; plural noun: sieverts; symbol: Sv, the SI unit of dose equivalent (the biological effect of ionizing radiation), equal to an effective dose of a joule of energy per kilogram of recipient mass. Google: Sievert
- Eco Health Alliance interactive map of killer viruses, https://eidr.ecohealthalliance.org/event-map
- “In first, government and Tepco found liable for Fukushima disaster,” by Daisuke Kikuchi, “Maebashi, Gunma Pref. In first, government and Tepco found liable for Fukushima disaster,”
- Uranium Stocks, “Westinghouse Files for Bankruptcy, in Blow to Nuclear Power,” Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 10:04PM, “Westinghouse Electric Company, which helped drive the development of nuclear energy and the electric grid itself, filed for bankruptcy protection on Wednesday, casting a shadow over the global nuclear industry.
- Black Star shows tracks of Alpha particles in an Apes lung much like yours. Plutonium particle in lung tissue: “The black star in the middle of this picture shows the tracks made by alpha rays emitted from a particle of plutonium-239 in the lung tissue of an ape. The alpha rays do not travel very far, but once inside the body, they can penetrate more than 10,000 cells within their range. This set of alpha tracks (magnified 500 times) occurred over a 48-hour period” (Robert Del Tredici, At Work in the Fields of the Bomb , plate 39). 19
- “De la guerre nucléaire,” Maurice, E. ANDRE, nuclear officer (NBCR or nuclear, biological, chemical and radiological exclusive function) Captain Commander, retired. Addendum by Dr. Paolo Scampa.
- “University of Arkansas disposes of wastewater from nuclear plant in city sewer system,”