Our photographer for Veterans Today in Paris Mark W. Suits and I had the pleasure of seeing Les Noces de Figaro which is The Wedding of Figaro outside presented by Opéra en Plein Air at the Château de Vincennes in Paris.
The opera is long about 3 hours and is a wonderful professional production of the opera in 4 acts written by W.A. Mozart in Vienna in 1786. The producer is Julie Gayet the musical director is Yannis Pospourikas and the orchestra director of the orchestra Music Booking is Anne Gravoin.
Despite the threat of rain the and beautiful clouds the performance took place. People were brave despite the threat of rain and arrived early to enjoy food they brought or purchase food and drinks.
The idea of Opéra en Plein Air, created in 2001, is to give the public the opportunity to hear and see opera by paying less than the usual prices for operas indoors and to enjoy the fresh air:
We enjoyed the great performance of the orchestra and the singers who sang with enthusiasm.
The cast includes:
- Figaro played by Norman Patze
- Suzanne: Norma Nahoun
- Count Almaviva: Laurent Kuba
- Cherubin or Angel: Cécile Madelin
- Marceline: Christine Tocci
- Barchelo/Antonio: Mathieu LeCroart
- Don Basile/Don Curzio: Florian Cafiero
The next performances are at Château de Haroue on September 1, and September 2, 2017
- Tickets are from 42 to 89 Euros
- Hôtel National des Invalides on September 7, 8 and 9.
- Tickets are from 42 Euros to 95 Euros.
- Tickets can be reserved at www.operaenpleinair.com
For visitors and locals, a good time is sure to be had by attending Opéra en Plein Air this summer.