We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Stahls Auto Museum to mark Veterans Day in Chesterfield Township. Stahls Automotive Museum in Chesterfield Township will celebrate veterans for two days instead of one this November with an open house followed by a charity hockey game. The museum will open its doors to veterans, current service members and community members for its fourth annual Veterans Day open house from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 11.
- VA: Secret waiting list delayed care for 87 veterans in 2017. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs officials say an unauthorized, secret waiting list for psychotherapy appointments at Omaha’s VA hospital delayed care for 87 veterans this year. Letters addressed to Iowa Sens. Joni Ernst and Chuck Grassley and Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse — all Republicans — blamed the unauthorized list on “training deficiencies” involving the hospital’s medical support assistants, the Omaha World-Herald reported Saturday.
- Illinois Dentists Offer Free Care to Military Veterans. Illinois dentists are offering veterans free dental care during the Veterans Day holiday. The Illinois State Dental Society is sponsoring “Illinois Dentists Salute!” with support from the Chicago Dental Society and Illinois dentists.
- Montana Veterans Memorial welcomes more tiles. The Montana Veterans Memorial added more than 100 new tiles inscribed with veterans’ names Saturday morning. Thirty-three of the new tiles represent Blackfeet Warriors. Tiles are added two times a year, before Memorial Day and before Veteran’s Day.
- Tom Rice selected to Florida Veterans’ Hall of Fame. “It’s such an honor. I came back whole from Desert Storm. I didn’t have an arm or anything missing. I worked with so many who gave much more.” One of Fort Walton Beach’s beloved veterans is among the newest inductees into the Florida Veterans’ Hall of Fame.