We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Survey says veterans strongly back legalizing medical marijuana. Veterans tend to be an older, more conservative group, but that doesn’t stop them from advocating for a radical change in direction from the nation’s outdated policies on marijuana. The American Legion, represents many conservative veterans, but that doesn’t stop it from taking progressive positions on certain key issues.
- Veterans sign giant map to begin Veterans month. Veterans looked over the world Wednesday and signed their names. About 100 former military service personnel and some family members marked the first day of November, known as Veterans and Military Families Month, by kneeling with a Sharpie and recalling with their signatures some of the places they served during their careers.
- Missouri Gov. Greitens orders another investigation into St. Louis Veterans Home. Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens is calling for a fourth investigation in less than six months of the St.
Louis Veterans Home in north St. Louis County, following a public meeting Monday where relatives and staff accused the facility of neglecting patients.
- 7 Special Places to Honor Our Veterans. Veterans Day is a time when Americans honor and thank U.S. military veterans for their service to their country, and there is no better time to enjoy America’s great outdoors and historic places. Not only are entrance fees waived at many locations, but these places often represent everything veterans serve to protect.
- Johnson Controls honored for supporting military veterans. Johnson Controls has been recognized as a top veteran-friendly workplace in Wisconsin. The company received USO Wisconsin’s Veteran Friendly Workplace Award, given annually to recognize and celebrate companies who demonstrate initiatives to hire and retain military veterans, and inspire other companies to join their efforts.