We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- While honoring Native American veterans, Trump lobs his favorite Native American insult. The “code talkers” were Native American soldiers who were deployed during the world wars to send messages between units using a nearly uncrackable code: their native languages.
- Veterans Are Key as Surge of States OK Cannabis for PTSD. It was a telling setting for a decision on whether post-traumatic stress disorder patients could use medical marijuana. Against the backdrop of the nation’s largest Veterans Day parade, Democratic Gov.
Andrew Cuomo announced this month he’d sign legislation making New York the latest in a fast-rising tide of states to OK therapeutic pot as a PTSD treatment…
- Student vets team up to raise awareness of veteran suicide. An inspiring part of Friday’s Nebraska-Iowa football game was the arrival of a ceremonial game ball carried by student veterans. Nebraska and Iowa student veterans and volunteers traveled by foot to bring the ball 347 miles from the University of Iowa’s Kinnick Stadium to Memorial Stadium.
- City of Memphis, Confederate veterans to enter mediation over statue. A city attorney says Memphis, Tennessee, and the Sons of Confederate Veterans will enter mediation over the removal of a statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest from a public park. The Commercial Appeal reports that Memphis City Council Attorney Allan Wade announced the mediation Tuesday.
- Cheyenne Vet Center looks to boost efforts to reach homeless veterans. Veterans are among those living in homeless situations who spend part of their days at the Laramie County Library. That is part of the reason Matt Goldman, Cheyenne Vet Center veteran outreach program specialist, is setting up a table at the public facility every Wednesday.