We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Cottages at old Anoka State Hospital being renovated for veterans. Once shuttered and on the list to be torn down, historic cottages in Anoka are now home to veterans and their families, still healing from the silent wounds of war. A community of volunteers made it all possible.
- $3.4B plan advanced by Senate panel dramatically expands benefits for veterans’ caregivers. For 20 years, Yvonne Riley has cared for her husband, Dave, a medically retired Coast Guard rescue swimmer who became a quadruple amputee after a bacterial infection turned into sepsis two decades ago.
- Wilkin County’s new Veterans Service Officer is ready to assist area veterans. Russel Foster is a veteran of the U.S. Navy, who served for 23 years and took part in Desert Storm. He enlisted right out of high school when he was 17…
- Springfield National Cemetery will host Wreaths Across America to honor nations veterans. Springfield National Cemetery will host Wreaths Across America, a holiday wreath-laying ceremony to honor and remember our nation’s Veterans.
- Iowa lawmakers to review Iowa Veterans Home changes. The speaker of the Iowa House is asking a pair of legislative committees to look into the concerns of Iowa Veterans Home residents who will be moved from private rooms to double rooms while living facilities on the Marshalltown campus are updated.