We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- ‘They’ve done so much for us’: Volunteers furnish veterans’ apartments. Richard Marthel has been through some ups and downs. The Army veteran couldn’t find affordable housing after moving to Lincoln two years ago.
- Colorado veterans hospital reduces methadone use after patient dies. A Veterans Affairs Department hospital in Colorado says it has drastically reduced its active methadone prescriptions and has taken other steps after the death of a patient who had been written a prescription for the drug.
- Volunteers helping to keep veterans cemetery in top shape. As a group of volunteers pruned, raked and planted Saturday at Coastal Carolina State Veterans Cemetery there was more at work than the day’s cleanup.
- Veterans to be guests at theater performance. Approximately 40 residents of the domiciliary at the Eisenhower VA Medical Center will be the special guests of a theater performance next week in Blue Springs, Missouri.
- New monument in Austin unveiled, honors veterans. A new monument to honor veterans of the Global War on Terror was unveiled Saturday morning at the Texas State Capitol grounds. Titled “The Price of Liberty,” the monument depicts an angelic Lady Liberty pulling a service member dressed in modern day combat gear away from his wife and daughter.