We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Union man starts fundraising to provide markers for veterans’ graves in Greenwood. Mike Dudo spent his summer hunting graves. Now he’ll spend the winter raising funds. Dudo and his daughter, Jessica, undertook an personal project earlier this year to locate the graves of veterans buried at Greenwood Cemetery and, where there are missing or illegible tombstones…
- Group constructs memorial to raise awareness of veteran suicides. In Missoula County in 2016 alone, 18 military veterans took their own lives. That’s a staggering number, an average of more than one every three weeks. It’s also by far the largest number for any county in the state, where a total of 53 veterans took their own lives that year.
- Eastern named one of the top colleges for veterans. Eastern Kentucky University has, once again, earned a top spot in the the annual Military Times: Best Colleges ranking. That’s no surprise to Alexander Rhodenfeld, a veteran of the United States Army, who chose to continue his education at EKU after his time in the service.
- Polk County arts groups help military veterans cope with service-related stress. For Chuck Dillow of Lakeland, it’s time spent brushing away stress, highlighting the positives, brightening his outlook and ultimately working to create inner peace.
- Missouri officials seek ouster of St. Louis Veterans Home chief. Lt. Gov. Mike Parson and the top Democrat in the Missouri Senate are calling for the removal of top administrators at the embattled St. Louis Veterans Home.