We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- A Purse With a Purpose initiative pays tribute to female veterans. Ten years ago, when award-winning nonprofit organization Jackets for Jobs (JFJ) decided to honor Michigan female veterans, they teamed up with retail giant T.J. Maxx and devised “A Purse with a Purpose.”
- Missouri Veterans Project prison program is earning recognition for veteran rehabilitation. Last year, President Barack Obama honored the service of the staff and veteran offenders at the Moberly Correctional Center. Gov. Eric Greitens did the same, presenting his commendation during Veterans Day last month.
- Veterans More Likely To Die From Opioids Than Civilians. Veterans are among those hit the hardest by the devastation that is the American opioid crisis. In fact, the latest federal data shows those vets who served in Iraq and Afghanistan are twice as likely to die from an overdose of prescription painkillers than the rest of the country.
- Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing helps veterans in recovery. The physical and emotional impacts of combat and overseas deployments can have a lasting effect on military personnel, creating challenges in their family life, relationships and current and post-military careers.
- High demand for new veteran ID cards crashes VA website. The Department of Veterans Affairs temporarily removed an online application process for new veteran identification cards after high demand crashed the webpage.