We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Veterans Receive Pay Increase. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has increased its benefit payouts. Arthur Nott-Hopkins with the Missouri Veterans Commission tells the Missourinet that the increase is for military pensions…
- Village of tiny homes creates a community for homeless veterans. Sean Langley points to a rolled-up mat on top of the closet in his new home, a reminder of his life on the streets. Langley learned from other homeless people never to sleep directly on the ground or a bench, to always place your sleeping bag on a mat to prevent body heat from fatally draining away.
- Bill to Improve Access to Quality Healthcare for Disabled Veterans. Reps. Tulsi Gabbard (Hawai‘i-02), Susan Davis (Calif.-53), Joe Wilson (S.C.-02), Brian Mast (Fla.-18), and Jacky Rosen (Nev.-03) on Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017, introduced bipartisan legislation to improve access to quality healthcare for disabled veterans.
- Russ Donnici Helps Vietnam Veterans in Need. Russ Donnici founded Mechanical Air Service in 1977. From there the company progressed to eventually become a leading residential HVAC business servicing many high-end customers in and around San Jose, Calif.
- Female Veterans Lead 2018 Charge. For Gina Ortiz Jones, the military was more than just a career: it was a path to the American Dream. “I know what it’s like to be on free and reduced lunch. I know what it’s like to live in subsidized housing,” Ortiz Jones said in an interview with the HPR.