We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Families blame state in veterans home Legionnaires’ outbreak. Eleven families are suing the state for negligence saying a fatal Legionnaires’ disease outbreak in 2015 and continued problems at a western Illinois veterans’ home were preventable.
- Local college receives grant to help Veterans finish college. A program geared towards helping high schoolers have a better chance at college now is serving a new audience. Louisiana Delta Community College has been awarded a grant of nearly $264,000 a year to support Veterans in an adult Upward Bound Program.
- Travis Mills’ retreat hosting families from hurricane-damaged Florida, Texas. A retreat for combat-injured veterans that was created by a Maine man who lost all four limbs in Afghanistan is wrapping up its first season with a winter session. The Travis Mills Foundation is hosting five veterans and their families from hurricane-damaged Florida and Texas for a snowy holiday that kicked off Wednesday.
- Deadline to assist homeless veterans is Dec. 19. The deadline is fast approaching for anyone wishing to assemble and contribute Christmas care packages for area homeless veterans.This year marks the 10th annual drive to aid the Tri-Cities homeless population who served in the U.S. military.
- Missouri veterans chief resigns under pressure from governor. Two days after Gov. Eric Greitens dumped five members of a commission that oversees the state’s seven veterans homes, his new appointees accepted the resignation of the longtime director of the agency.