We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- DAR honors local Vietnam veterans, their spouses. The John Alden Chapter DAR honored both Vietnam-era veterans and surviving spouses from Midland and Gladwin counties at its December meeting.
- Here is what you need to know about the new veterans ID card. Tens of thousands of veterans have expressed interest in obtaining a new national Veterans Identification Card, intended as convenient proof of their service when they seek military discounts offered by retail and restaurant chains.
- Veterans Seek Purpose, Peace Of Mind Through Equine Therapy. When Barb Knopf’s son returned from tours in both Iraq and Afghanistan in 2010, he was what she called a “changed young man.”
- Veterans, first responders with PTSD encouraged to find peace in Middleburg horse pasture. Rebecca Davenport envisions veterans and first responders with post-traumatic stress disorder enjoying yoga classes, group meetings, counseling or alone time in a peaceful spot where horses graze and city sounds are miles away.
- New court to link veterans with services. Area veterans who become involved with the criminal justice system will have a new avenue for assistance next year when the 11th Judicial Circuit opens the McLean County Veterans Court.