“In fact, the two-state solution was never real or fair. It has disregarded justice for most Palestinians, but even this unjust “solution” was systematically undermined by Israeli through more land grabs and more illegal settlers in the projected state for Palestinians. Israel made sure the two-state solution based on the 1967 boundaries would never become a reality. Most Palestinians and many Israelis have recognized this fact for decades. They have instead desired an alternative solution based on justice and non-separation, a solution which would bring an end to the settler-colonial, military and rule of Zionism over historic Palestine, a solution which will treat all citizens, residents and “absentees” of historic Palestine as equal and fairly. Such a solution is the single secular (in the sense of separating religion from the state), non-sectarian, democratic state in the whole of historic Palestine; A STATE OF ALL OF ITS CITIZENS.” Preamble of the One State. www.1not2.org
It is with this in mind that I proposed this course of action, inviting All Palestinians under Israel Occupation in the West Bank, those under total siege in Gaza, Palestinians citizens of the State of Israel, Palestinian Diaspora, Palestinians resident of Jerusalem, all Israelis and world Jewry, all people of good will, around the world to join me in supporting what is the Only solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, the ONE STATE OF ALL ITS CITIZENS and join our “One State Movement”.
1. I am calling on Palestinians around the world to rally around the One State Solution, abandon and discard the false promises of the Palestinian leadership of Two-State which will never take place even if such leadership negotiate for the next thousand years. Don’t ever count on the world community or the US to ever deliver for you a free sovereign state in what and will remains of Palestine or even consider the rights of return for all Diaspora Palestinians.
2. I am calling for the formation of a “peaceful –unarmed civil rights movement” not an underground organization but a publicly announced movement of All Palestinians irrespective of their present ideologies to join this popular, people’s movement; the One State Movement.
3. For members of the PLO, Fatah and other organizations to remember the One State was the original mission of the PLO and Fatah, and as such they need to go back to the true mission of the PLO/Fatah. This time the goal is to achieve such a state not through armed struggle, but through civil peaceful movement.
4. For member of Hamas and those who believe that “only armed struggle will achieve liberation of Palestine” to reconsider and know that no matter how many tens of thousands of “rockets” and how many fiery speeches and promised of armed support, armed struggle will not achieve the liberation of Palestine. The only way forward is a civil rights peaceful movement “One State Movement” that will be more powerful that any of the rockets and guns Gaza can have or will have.
5. That the Palestinians with Israeli citizenship, with rights to vote to form a united political movement “One State Movement” as the single most effective way that will guarantee equal rights and equal citizenship irrespective of religious or sectarian affiliations. Zionism is a colonial movement not a Jewish liberation movement, and keeping in mind, alone or in alliance with tens of thousands of Jewish Israelis who are in support of equal rights between Jews and Arabs will form the largest single political party in Israel with chance to form the nation’s politics for generations to come. Zionism is a colonial settler movement not ideological Jewish liberation movement no different from White Apartheid South Africanis.
6. That all “Arabs” residence of Jerusalem to immediately seek, secure and sue for the rights of Israeli citizenship thus allowing them to fully participate in municipal and national election and make a difference in the outcome of all Israeli elections.
7. I am calling on Palestinian Arabs in the West Bank and Gaza, to immediately enroll in formal Hebrew language training courses, so they, after one year will become proficient with the second language of the new state. I don’t know why the PLO leadership fought the very idea of introducing Hebrew as a second language, fought the very idea of Jerusalemite Arabs having Israeli citizenship when in fact this leadership was unable, unwilling to protect their rights within Jerusalem. Thus stupidly wasting 50 years of lost opportunity to learn not only the language but to know the culture, literature and psychology of their future fellow citizenship and benefiting from full Israeli citizenship.
8. I call on all good people of the world to join us as we seek a popular international movement for peace, based on justice, restorations of justice, equality and fraternity among Israeli Jews and Palestinian Arabs, join us at “One State Movement”.
9. Knowing well that the Palestinian leadership is not willing to give up its consistent failed corrupt policies of the last 50 years, and will stand against such an idea, not because it is wrong idea, but because it does not serve its personal and financial interests and will do what it can with its 80,000 strong security forces will undermine such a peaceful unarmed political movement. Let us not be fooled, it was the Palestinian leadership was the one that aborted the First Intifada and mismanaged and totally ruined the Second Intifada is totally unqualified and unfit to be part of the future One State. There is no room for an armed Third Intifada, no matter how many false promises Fatah or Hamas leadership can promise.
10. Same is true of the Israeli established political elites and parties whose only mission in life is to continue to keep the conflict going for their own purpose, and the same can be said of the America Jewish leadership, that for its own selfish purpose made sure that Israel will never achieve peace with its neighbors, the Palestinians and undermined all US efforts to forge a peaceful solution.
These above steps are blue print for a civil –peaceful-unarmed political movement that will bring about to the military, settler’s occupation and colonization and will bring about an end to the Apartheid State of Israel as we know it. It will take time and persistent struggle, but in the end, both Israelis and Palestinians know well, neither side will go away and that Israel with all its military might was unable to achieve peace or security. The Palestinians on the other hand, had lived false and failed policies of their “leadership” of the last 50 years and now, let the people take charge of their own future. Let us take full advantage of President Trump decision on Jerusalem, and make Jerusalem the capital of a united One State for All of its citizens.
Sami Jamil Jadallah is a US Army Veteran (66-68) is a graduate of Indiana University and holder of a BA, MPA ( School of Public and Environmental Affairs and Jurist Doctor and is an international legal and business professional with more than 40 years in the construction business (KSA), Management Consulting and Business Development (Swiss), Hospitality, Aviation and Conservation (Morocco). Was the first to establish an internationally recognized conservation (Houbara) foundation in Morocco and North Africa. Currently Sami is managing a conservation and wildlife foundation with 100 employees in Morocco. Sami is a recipient of the “Leadership Award” from the US Sixth Army NCO Academy and recognized student leadership while at Indiana University. Sami was a co-founder of the United Palestinian Appeal and served on its board for over 12 years. He lives in Fairfax, VA. Sami is an advocate of the OneState for All of its People as a solution to the Israeli/Zionist conflict with the Palestinians. Sami has 4 bothers who served in the US military 2 Marines and 2 Army.
ATTENTION READERSWe See The World From All Sides and Want YOU To Be Fully Informed
In fact, intentional disinformation is a disgraceful scourge in media today. So to assuage any possible errant incorrect information posted herein, we strongly encourage you to seek corroboration from other non-VT sources before forming an educated opinion.
About VT - Policies & Disclosures - Comment Policy
First of all, thanks for your clear thinking and recap of the history, Sami. It makes complete sense to me to move from a National Liberation struggle to a nonviolent, nonsectarian Human Rights Movement.
What if both harlots had believed possessing half a dead child was better than relinquishing the right to the live child for the sake of the child? Would Solomon have had the child cut in half?*
An uninhabitable radioactive wasteland seems the more realistic outcome for Palestine, considering the current self-appointed leadership of both Jewry and Palestinians, as well as the positions of the religious fundamentalists.
* I am fully aware that this biblical story is likely allegory and/or plagiarized rather than historical for Palestine, but that is besides the point.
Comments are closed.