We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Program helps homeless veterans find fresh starts, get on their feet. Three years ago, Herb Gary spent the bulk of his time wandering. The 64-year-old Army veteran lived on the streets of Richmond for almost two years.
- Veterans groups push for state-run cemetery near Sioux Falls. South Dakota veterans in the eastern part of the state should have a veterans cemetery closer to home, advocacy groups said Friday.
- The 2017 Battle for Orange County’s First Veterans Cemetery. Orange County’s long-anticipated veterans cemetery took a big step forward in 2017 with a developer’s land swap that moved it from the heart of the former El Toro Marine Air Corps Station to strawberry fields near the junction of the 5 and 405 freeways.
- New chairman has high hopes for renamed Veterans Council of Duval County. The organization has a new chairman, some new officers, a new meeting place and a whole new name heading into 2018, but it still has the same longtime goal of unifying all types of Duval County veterans groups.
- Veterans court gives second chance to some struggling vets. WESH 2 News has details on a court program that helps veterans, instead of sending them to jail. WESH 2’s Greg Fox met a combat veteran who got a second chance after an armed standoff with police.