We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Veterans Group Wants Photos of Soldiers Killed in Vietnam. Volunteers are coordinating a statewide effort to track down photos of Illinois natives killed during the Vietnam War as part of a national project by a veterans group.
- Local veterans’ organizations accepting donations. Three local programs/causes in Polk County are accepting donations from the public. They are: Flight to Honor Polk — sponsored by Vet Council, maintained by GiveWell Community Foundation.
- Stabenow aims to improve wait times for veterans seeking medical care. Former National Guardsman and Sumner Township resident Jerry Sorensen needed to see a specialist after he was diagnosed with lesions on his brain in 2016.
- Nonprofit helps 10K-plus veterans, spouses. At Dale K. Graham Veterans Foundation, our mission is to serve military veterans and their families. Dale K. Graham Veterans Foundations’ primary focus is to share its collective knowledge and experience to help with the Veterans Administration claims process.
- Home on Indy’s northeast side is being renovated to house homeless veterans. A local nonprofit organization is fixing up a house on Indy’s northeast side that will house homeless veterans as they get back on their feet.