We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Illinois governor takes up residence in veterans home. Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner, a multimillionaire who owns nine homes — including a condo overlooking Central Park in New York — is taking up residence this week under decidedly less luxurious conditions.
- We want veterans to choose us. It was a busy year at the Veterans Affairs Illiana Health Care System, and leaders expect that momentum to continue into 2018. “I think we got a lot accomplished,” director Stephanie Young said, looking back.
- Baltimore VA doctors try acupuncture to treat veterans’ pain. Seeking ways to curb the use of opioid painkillers, doctors at Baltimore’s VA Medical Center started offering a version of acupuncture to treat some veterans’ chronic pain.
- Veterans NHS Wales mental health support extended. An NHS Wales service helping veterans suffering with mental health issues has been extended. A total of £900,000 in extra funding is financing more therapy support for former armed forces personnel.
- Veterans express frustration at VA town hall. Tensions were high during the town hall meeting Thursday night at the VA Healthcare Center in Eugene. This comes after a New York Times article that was released earlier this week claimed the Roseburg VA intentionally turned sick veterans away to boost their care.