We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Missouri governor calls for new veterans hiring law. Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens says he wants lawmakers to send him a bill to protect private employers from legal challenges if they give preference to veterans in hiring and promotions.
- Scientists seek veterans to help treat CTE. Anxiety, irritability, memory loss, cognitive problems, profound depression—often to the point of suicide. These have been the unwelcome symptoms ushering the return home for thousands of veterans since 9/11.
- Donation drive underway for Veterans Stand Down. With an annual event to help homeless veterans just weeks away, community members are invited to be an ‘angel’ to help provide for some of the basic needs.
- Wisconsin tiny home community provides housing for veterans. A new neighborhood of tiny houses in southeast Wisconsin is giving homeless veterans a place to call home. The Veterans Outreach of Wisconsin has built about 15 tiny homes in Racine, Milwaukee Public Radio reported .
- Zillah memorial pays respects to city’s veterans. When work first started a few years back to erect a veterans memorial in this small Lower Valley city, Ralph Henriksen didn’t believe he’d see it finished.