We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- New Tool Helps Veterans Seeking Discharge Upgrades. The departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs have launched a new online tool to help guide veterans through upgrading their military discharges.
- Hoops for Heroes tournament connects veterans with job opportunities. The Charlotte Hornets had the night off, but their homecourt, the Spectrum Center, hosted military veterans for a friendly 5-on-5 basketball tournament. The Hoops for Heroes event helps veterans get much-needed help as they transition to civilian life.
- Veterans enjoy ‘beautiful’ quilts. The word “beautiful” popped up again and again as the veterans folded the patriotic quilts onto their laps. About 15 vets at the Veterans Affairs Illiana Health Care System were recipients of the large quilts made by a handful of women with the Heart & Hands Night Quilters club.
- Local VA under pressure: Veterans Affairs gets tough with low-performing care centers. Veterans Affairs is putting its foot down on low-performing medical centers, including the one in Harlingen. The VA announced this week “an aggressive new approach” to produce rapid improvements at its low-performing facilities nationwide.
- Director of Veterans Hospital Accused of Manipulating Ratings Is Replaced. The Department of Veterans Affairs announced on Thursday it would replace the director of its medical center in Roseburg, Ore., Douglas Paxton. He had come under fire in recent weeks for limiting the number of patients the center admitted in an effort to improve its dismal performance rating, according to doctors at the hospital.