We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Community rallies to help rebuild Valley veteran’s home. A big ‘welcome home’ was held for a Valley Vietnam veteran whose home burned down in a fire four years ago. “I’ve been waiting three-and-a-half years, going on four years, to get back in my house,” said Jack Cooper.
- Hospitalized veteran with PTSD tells of killing father at Fergus Falls home. Inside the fortified quarters of Minnesota’s highest-security psychiatric hospital, Dustin Michael Defiel has spent the past year and a half of his life.The former National Guard soldier and Iraq War veteran shot and killed his father, Rick Defiel, on June 1, 2016, in the family’s home in Fergus Falls, Minn.
- Salute to Veteran Patients Week starts Sunday; volunteer opportunities abound. Bob Stemple and Bruce Walls enjoy volunteering to help veterans at the Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center in Clarksburg.
- A VETERAN’S STORY: Snowing inside the cargo plane. Damp warm air sweeps north from the Indian Ocean producing a high pressure system until it collides with the cold, parched air roaring south from Siberia. The ferocious winds produced by this collision then ram against the world’s tallest mountain range. The violent winds shoot upward at frightening speeds, cool, then rush downward in dangerous drafts that toss airplanes around like plastic model toys. An aircraft flying at 16,000 feet can suddenly be tossed uncontrollably to 28,000 feet before being shoved back to 6,000 feet.
- Two veteran police officers killed in the line of duty Saturday. Two Ohio police officers were shot and killed in the line of duty Saturday. Police say they received a 911 hang-up call around noon from a home north of Columbus. When officers Anthony Morelli and Eric Joering arrived at the home, they were immediately shot at.