We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Struggling veteran finally gets VA benefits 31 years later. A week and a half ago CBS46 introduced you to a woman who says she was raped while she was in the Marines 30 years ago and is struggling to get help from the VA.
- Public invited to pay respects to two local veterans. Hundreds of people are expected to attend funeral services for two local unaccompanied veterans Wednesday. Randy Shultz served in the U.S. Navy, and Howard Lyman served in the U.S. Army.
- Veteran? Terminally Ill? Want Death With Dignity? That Could Get You Evicted. California voters passed a law two years ago that allows terminally ill people to take lethal drugs to end their lives, but controversy is growing over a newer rule that effectively bans that option in the state’s eight veterans’ homes.
- Video of nursing home procession for SC veteran goes viral. A video of a procession for an Upstate veteran that has gone viral has “put tears” in the eyes of those who have seen it and left others emotional.
- Man, 84, killed by police was veteran fighting eviction. An 84-year-old military veteran who had been fighting eviction from his apartment near Miami was fatally shot by at least four police officers. The Miami Herald reports officers were called to the Hidden Grove apartment complex on Monday when Raymond Bishop threatened to kill himself. Detective Argemis Colome told local news outlets that a confrontation ensued and police were forced to shoot.