We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Local veteran trying to bring Navy specialty plates to Va. A local Navy veteran is working to bring U.S. Navy specialty plates to Virginia. Roger Hirsh, a retired captain, spent 30 years in the Navy as a pharmacist officer.
- Veteran wants Haywood County to use former armory for veterans’ center. A Haywood County veteran is calling on other local veterans and residents to bring awareness to a need in the county.
- Hospitalized veterans at VA honored with live performance from traveling troupe. Hospitalized Patients,” the group Re-creation made a stop in the Midlands. They travel across the country performing 320 shows, volunteering their time.
- Black veterans’ complex history fighting for America. Black veterans shared their stories of serving the country and lessons learned at a black history themed panel discussion hosted by Grace Baptist Church of Germantown and State Rep. Stephen Kinsey (D-201) on Feb. 10.
- Veterans sound off at town hall. Around 40 veterans showed up Thursday evening for a town hall meeting at the Olin E. Teague Veterans’ Medical Center.