We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Teen makes prosthetic arm for veteran dad. A teen learned how to operate a 3D printer to build a custom prosthetic arm for his dad.
- Mary Gauthier’s Rifles & Rosary Beads Illuminates the Veteran Experience. “No one can leave war unwounded,” Mary Gauthier tells the Scene, calling from a hotel room in New York City. She’s there for a number of projects — among them preparing for two TED Talks and discussing a book deal with St. Martin’s Press.
- Veteran volunteer stays busy. Sentara Obici Hospital gets help from volunteers daily, and one volunteer for the OrthoJoint Center stands out among the rest each week.
- Home at last: GP finds his ‘furever’ home with Jackson veteran. Jackson resident Marty Baird has a new best friend — but to Baird’s family, he’s a lifesaver.
- Nampa veteran to run for 1st Congressional Distrct. Recently retired Lt. Col. Alex Gallegos of Nampa announced Tuesday that he will run as a Republican for Idaho’s 1st Congressional District seat.