We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- US Army veteran is fighting deportation after getting denied citizenship. A U.S. Army veteran who served two tours in Afghanistan is in danger of being deported following a years-old drug conviction that sparked ICE’s taking him into custody.
- Napa Sheriff: Veteran shot self after killing 3 mental health workers. A combat veteran killed himself after fatally shooting three mental health workers last week at a California veterans home, authorities said Thursday.
- Local veterans demonstrate to keep veterans affairs hospitals open. A handful of protesters held signs at the Garden Valley Boulevard entrance to the Roseburg Veterans Affairs Medical Center Thursday to express their fear that politicians at the national level are moving to privatize veterans’ health care.
- Veterans’ time in war consumes their peace. Having spent time with many veterans over the years and having served in the military, I have seen the suffering and selflessness of those who accepted multiple deployments.
- Plattsburgh Vietnam veteran advocates for more hepatitis C testing. Vietnam veterans are more likely to have hepatitis C – a bloodborne virus that attacks the liver – than their civilian counterparts. But the reasons why are up for debate.