We encourage you to browse our list so that you can take what you want and keep what you need.
- Local veteran struggles to get medical supplies. Twenty years of service in the Navy earned Clyde Cooper a GED, college degrees for children and grandchildren and health care.
- Vietnam veterans recognized for service during Decatur event. Bob Dondeville addressed the hundreds of Vietnam-era veterans who filled the Decatur Civic Center’s Ameren Illinois Arena on Saturday with a simple, but powerful greeting: “Welcome home.”
- Navy veteran killed on way to work honored by friends, family on 63rd birthday. A memorial is now along a southeast Charlotte road where a volunteer firefighter and veteran was killed in a crash.
- A VETERAN’S STORY: Sorting through the history of one WWII sub chaser. Typically identified as the Splinter Fleet, the tiny 110-foot wood-hulled sub chasers of World War II held the title as the smallest commissioned ships in the U.S. Navy.
- Great Plains Hospital and VA join forces for veteran. Great Plains Health hospice services and the Department of Veterans Affairs are working together to make one man’s cancer diagnosis a bit easier to bear.