- Clay County honors former servicemen and women during annual Veteran’s Appreciation Day. On Saturday, Clay County celebrated the service and sacrifice of local veterans.
- Benefit planned for Mobile County veteran killed in motorcycle crash. A benefit is in the works for a motorcyclist who was killed in a crash in Mobile County. 28-year-old Joseph Curry was killed Wednesday in a crash with a truck on Highway 90 near Mobile Lumber.
- Local veteran turns 100 years old. A local veteran is celebrating a major milestone. World War II veteran Art Haug lives at the Topeka Veterans Affairs campus and is celebrating his 100th birthday.
- Veteran bomber finally honoured for feeding starving Dutch people in 1945. A veteran bomber has been awarded a medal for dropping food parcels to starving Dutch people during World War Two.
- Pair helps deceased WWII veteran in Colorado get the honor he deserved. Mike Shults never knew Howard Knowles. But his passion for helping a fellow veteran 23 years after Knowles’ death has led to the war hero finally getting the military benefits he earned and helped his family know what happened to his remains.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE TO ALL VISITORS: All content herein is owned by author exclusively. Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners, technicians or Veterans Today Network (VT). Some content may be satirical in nature. All images within are full responsibility of author and NOT VT.
About VT – Full Disclosure, Fake News Policy and Legal Notice – Comment Policy