- Coming Back From A ‘Free Fall’: Addressing Female Veteran Suicide. Female veterans are nearly 2 ½ times more likely to commit suicide than civilian women, according to data from the Veterans Administration Suicide Prevention Program.
- Wantage man is 3,000th to get County Veteran’s ID Card. For Sussex County Clerk Jeffrey Parrott, finding a way to thank local veterans is more of a passion than a job description.
- Veteran lawmaker wants Congress to honor Southwest pilot as a civilian and military hero. One of Congress’ military aviation veterans is pushing for her colleagues to honor a fellow female veteran for her actions to land a passenger plane whose engine exploded mid-flight this week.
- GOP lawmakers want to tap Vikings stadium fund for veteran nursing homes. House Republicans on Wednesday proposed tapping a rainy day fund for the Minnesota Vikings’ stadium to build new nursing homes for military veterans.
- ‘We should see if it works’: Lawmakers want Veterans Affairs to study whether pot is safer than painkillers. A bipartisan measure introduced this week in the House would authorize the Department of Veterans Affairs to research whether marijuana is a viable substitute for highly addictive opioids in treating former military personnel suffering from post-
traumatic stress and chronic pain.