- Wartime romance ends when veteran couple die within days of one another. Just a week out from Anzac Day, an Auckland couple who did their bit in for the Allied cause in codebreaking and Bomber Command have died only days apart, after more than 70 years of marriage.
- Manchin speaks about local VA, veteran services following veteran roundtable. Following a closed-to-the-public veteran roundtable hosted at the West Virginia Veterans Nursing Facility, Friday, Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., discussed local veterans issues.
- War Veteran’s Art Seeks To Make Connections, Change Perceptions. Veteran Mark Fitzsimmons say he’s become accustomed to people thanking him for his military service. But for a time, especially when he first got back from being posted overseas, he had a hard time with it.
- Habitat for Humanity Veteran Build Day. Habitat for Humanity is teaming up with some local groups to make sure the family of a veteran gets a new home.
- Meet a Veteran: Vietnam War still scars Oakdale man. In the military: Morris Bodine spent a year and a half in Vietnam. Although about 50 years have passed, he still feels the effects. A wound the Purple Heart recipient got there has required two knee replacements, an ankle replacement and the insertion of rods in his legs.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE TO ALL VISITORS: All content herein is owned by author exclusively. Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners, technicians or Veterans Today Network (VT). Some content may be satirical in nature. All images within are full responsibility of author and NOT VT.
About VT – Full Disclosure, Fake News Policy and Legal Notice – Comment Policy